OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Looking at the other groups, it's mind blowing how all of Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, and Portugal are in the same group. It's going to be a dog fight.

Kershaw

I love soccer during the Euro. Favorite soccer time of the decade.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Looking at the other groups, it's mind blowing how all of Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, and Portugal are in the same group. It's going to be a dog fight.

France, England, Sweden, Ukraine is pretty strong as well. But yeah, the Germany group is sick, especially 'cause you can already book the Danish to have a monster-game vs Germany (I'm not saying they'll win).

For me, as Austrian it's always kinda tough, normally i'm rooting for CZE but they're not going anywhere this year. So, I guess, Go Portugal!

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This event is totally overshadowed for me by the media's obsession with racial friction. A real shame.

AJRanger

Sep 21, 2008
Essex
twitter.com
Germany are my pick to win it. Personally would like to see Holland win it. Russia as dark horses. Couldn't care less about how we (England) do. Good start yesterday, hopefully today's game best them, which they certainly should.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
ireland to shock the world and win it. u heard it here first.

If Greece can beat Portugal on their own soil in the tournament final as they did in 2004, then Ireland has a chance of winning it all this year. That had to be one of the biggest upsets of all time.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Group B "group of death" I think gets 2 teams to the semis, Netherlands and Germany. Netherlands beats France, Spain beats Grrmany, setting up a WC rematch for the championship. I really like Germany but I think their question marks in the back 4 will cost them, if they answer the bell we might see the 2 group of death teams meet in the finals. But in the end I think Spain is clearly the team to beat.

With that being said, I hope one of the 2 group B teams wins it.
Let's go Netherlands, RVP continues to roll!

Go Gunners!!

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Dutch looked very pedestrian. Portugal-Germany should be an awesome game.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Really disappointed in the orange. Van Persie was atrocious. What a primadonna. :shakehead

He really blew what was probably the best chance of the match from Sjneider with that horrible first touch. I know he's a lefty but how does he not take that touch with his right to set up a left strike!

bmw2004

Mar 8, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y.
What do you think about team Russia chances in this championship? The played a pretty good game yesterday against a weaker defensive Czech team. Will see what they can show against tougher opponents.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
If Greece can beat Portugal on their own soil in the tournament final as they did in 2004, then Ireland has a chance of winning it all this year. That had to be one of the biggest upsets of all time.

dont remind me im thats still the only time i ever cried for a sporting event. This is the best portugal squad in years. im expecting a tie today and a move to the quarters.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
What do you think about team Russia chances in this championship? The played a pretty good game yesterday against a weaker defensive Czech team. Will see what they can show against tougher opponents.

Plenty of talent, a great group of players. In the office pool at my work, I have them winning their group and reaching the semis by beating Portugal.

Czechs aren't what they used to be, so it's hard to judge the Russian team on that game alone, but they did look impressive. If they can make it to the semis they should be happy.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm just curious since only European clubs participate will the Euros not employ refs from countries that are underdeveloped when it comes to soccer? You know like that ref from Mali in the worlds in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino