OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Yea. That red card yesterday, don't even get me started, omg. Turns out that ref has given out 18 red cards in 19 La Liga matches. No ****ing surprise. His ass should be fired.

Both red cards were totally wrong imo. Yeah, the goalie fouls the striker, but he's moving away from the goal and does not have full control over the ball.

It's always like this in UEFA and FIFA national team tournaments.

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
These big tournaments are always a let down. The further the tournament goes the worse the games get.

Teams play not to lose rather going for a win.

I picked Germany to win it all.

member 116805

0-0 with 35 min to go. Experience from previous tournaments all say that Germany will get a late goal to win it 1-0 haha

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Forza Italia!!

I always equate the Euro to the World Cup minus Brazil and Argentina.

Yeah, also rooting for the Azzurri. And I think the EC is easially better than the WC, even if a couple of the best teams are missing. Too many low grade teams (like Togo, Iran, North Korea).

In four years the EC will have 24 teams instad of 16, so we'll be seeing a lot of the same for that tournament as well.

By God, this game is boring.

member 116805

And there it is, haha. How typical Germany

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Gary Lineker

Indeed

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does it bother anyone that if we were to look at game log from a 20 game season, like 15 would be 1-0? It's not the low score, I just like variety in final scores.

member 116805

I prefer close games to blow outs. 1-0 is way more exciting that a 5-0 game.
Goes for hockey also

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
And there it is, haha. How typical Germany

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Gary Lineker

Indeed

It's not typical Germany really, it's typical Gomez: Ball deflects 3 times, kills a cat, hits Gomes'z ass/balls/knee/whatever & finds its way in...

This "typical Germany" is because of a tremendous work ethic, these guys just never quit.

Now, Go Kings Go!

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Does it bother anyone that if we were to look at game log from a 20 game season, like 15 would be 1-0? It's not the low score, I just like variety in final scores.

Actually, 2-1 is the most common score. But anyway, it's usually much more than the score that deems a game good or not.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I have to add, his header today was quite great. The description above stands for almost every other goal he scores though.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Actually, 2-1 is the most common score. But anyway, it's usually much more than the score that deems a game good or not.

I've always been interested in stats and scores. I love to look at the scores from dominant teams of past years in the NHL. I just like to see variety. Something that we see less of in hockey. Funny baseball is my least favorite sport and it has a high variation of scoring.

Last edited:

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Did anyone watch the phenominal Messi yesterday, as Argentina beat Brazil in a friendly at the Meadowlands, in front of 82,000 fans. For anyone that is a casual or non soccer fan, they should watch a tape of that game. How soccer is supposed to be played!!! Messi is out of this world. Simply the best!

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Did anyone watch the phenominal Messi yesterday, as Argentina beat Brazil in a friendly at the Meadowlands, in front of 82,000 fans. For anyone that is a casual or non soccer fan, they should watch a tape of that game. How soccer is supposed to be played!!! Messi is out of this world. Simply the best!

3 straight player of the year, he is unbelievable.

Did Neymar play for Brazil? Wait till this kid makes his move to one of the big European clubs, he is going to blow up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad