OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
3 straight player of the year, he is unbelievable.

Did Neymar play for Brazil? Wait till this kid makes his move to one of the big European clubs, he is going to blow up!!

"Maybe Neymar is the best player in the world, but only if you say that Messi is from a different planet" - Diego Maradona

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
3 straight player of the year, he is unbelievable.

Did Neymar play for Brazil? Wait till this kid makes his move to one of the big European clubs, he is going to blow up!!

Not if he goes to RM or Barca, he will not play much.

A lot of people are in for a reality check on the kid. He isn't ahead of an Alexis Sanchez or a David Villa yet.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Not if he goes to RM or Barca, he will not play much.

A lot of people are in for a reality check on the kid. He isn't ahead of an Alexis Sanchez or a David Villa yet.

For the money he will cost you better bet he will play! Never said he was ahead of anyone, Barca would be crowded. Alexis has shown he can be a star but not consistly, but he's young still. Villa is a star, he was the man at Valencia he was the man at the WC and he's been great at Barca, tough to be "the man" at Barca when #10 is on the pitch next to you though. Neymar is only 20, hewill be a star in European Football no doubt, unless he goes the Pele route.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
For the money he will cost you better bet he will play! Never said he was ahead of anyone, Barca would be crowded. Alexis has shown he can be a star but not consistly, but he's young still. Villa is a star, he was the man at Valencia he was the man at the WC and he's been great at Barca, tough to be "the man" at Barca when #10 is on the pitch next to you though. Neymar is only 20, hewill be a star in European Football no doubt, unless he goes the Pele route.

When he goes it will be for probably around 40 million Euros. I am hearing it is Barca and RM but honestly, Alexis cost Barca 22m. Villa cost them 35m. Affelay and Cuenca are in the wings.

Of those guys, the most likely to make way for Neymar is Villa. But Barca has had more success with Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Busquets on the field than with one of them off it in exchange for two more attacking wingers.

I don't know. It seems like a disaster in the making to me. Neymar should go immediately to Serie A and take a starting role on a champions league team. Jump right into RM or Barca and there will be an adjustment period. The Brazilian league is not the level of the big 4 leagues in Europe.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
This Balotelli guy is obnoxious.

why ? because he punched the ground in frustration after getting tackled in the box trying to get to the ball during a scoring chance? last i checked punching the ground isn't against the rules. that's pretty much the only thing he did in the match against spain and I wouldn't even consider it remotely obnoxious. the media and pundits have been really perpetuating his "bad boy" image to the point of absurdity. so much so that anything he does, even small things, are over sensationalized. that plus the fact he is a potential great black striker and at the moment a very good young player in a racist continent doesn't help his cause. as you can see from past tournaments, including this one, europe is trying really hard to crack down on the racism with the anti racism campaigns they are displaying in the tournaments. i'll admit balotelli has his issues but who wouldn't have issues when they are unfairly and overly targeted all the time, especially at a young age of 21 and before that?.....

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
why ? because he punched the ground in frustration after getting tackled in the box trying to get to the ball during a scoring chance? last i checked punching the ground isn't against the rules. that's pretty much the only thing he did in the match against spain and I wouldn't even consider it remotely obnoxious. the media and pundits have been really perpetuating his "bad boy" image to the point of absurdity. so much so that anything he does, even small things, are over sensationalized. that plus the fact he is a potential great black striker and at the moment a very good young player in a racist continent doesn't help his cause. as you can see from past tournaments, including this one, europe is trying really hard to crack down on the racism with the anti racism campaigns they are displaying in the tournaments. i'll admit balotelli has his issues but who wouldn't have issues when they are unfairly and overly targeted all the time, especially at a young age of 21 and before that?.....

He was flopping around and fouling, and then he had a break away and instead of doing anything he just dicked around, got checked, then proceeded to sit up and just stare at nothing instead of getting back up. I'm sure that's not that out of place, but that's part of the reason I dislike soccer. Also his hair is ridiculous :D.

I don't watch soccer, but he was just annoying to watch.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Are you kidding me???? Take your time... take another half step and it's 1 nil England.... Ugh.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
I'm backing my boys Croatia. Not really a surprise, besides Rangers hockey, Croatian national team soccer is pretty much the only other sport i follow.

They looked damn good versus Ireland.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Are you really surprised Milner missed it? Sad how much his career has stalled since he went to City and became a part time player, was pretty dynamic at Villa.

mti79

May 11, 2007
That's why people hate on soccer. Guy gets brushed, goes down like he was shot and writhes around in pain like he broke his leg. Then he's up and blowing snot rockets...

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That's why people hate on soccer. Guy gets brushed, goes down like he was shot and writhes around in pain like he broke his leg. Then he's up and blowing snot rockets...

Doesn't happen as much in North American soccer, you'll find.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Drab match. England is nothing with Rooney, no delivery through midfield. Not a bad result for the them, against a slightly more talented team.

France should have worries though. Malouda absolutely invisible, Ribery was completely uninspired.

Vidic15*

You just trashed an entire continent to protect Balotelli. Unbelievable. Italy disgraced themselves by even allowing him to play for them. He hasn't done anything to warrant a call-up to the first team. His hype is all about "potential". They should have told him to **** off and play for Ghana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad