OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Although I will say this about the Americans: Megan Rapinoe is absolutely one of the finest players I've ever watched.

She's the type of player where I'll tune in just to watch her.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In other, other news, I'm really excited about the Ladies World Cup next month.

My entire social media feed will be Alex Morgan but she can get diese hände.

The US is just another team to me in these tournaments.

You know Aussies are winning the whole thing, right? We do have the best player on the planet.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And honestly as a United supporter while of course you are our bitter rivals I actually would've preferred for you guys to have won the title. Liverpool isn't funded with blood money from mass murderers. That fact is why even though this season was a disaster beating PSG was still one of the most wonderful moments I've ever had as a United supporter.
it's worse - they also own the Red Sox.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hartford Athletic win their first ever match, a 2-1 USOC triumph over the Cosmos at the University of Hartford. They had gone 0-8-1 to begin USL play.
20190514_214110.jpg
20190514_213604.jpg

Reactions: Machinehead

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
In other, other news, I'm really excited about the Ladies World Cup next month.

My entire social media feed will be Alex Morgan but she can get diese hände.

The US is just another team to me in these tournaments.

The USWNT starting goaltender is the twin sister of my daughter's PE teacher (and varsity girls' soccer coach) at Charlotte Christian.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I despise City, but Watford in Europa would be an embarrassment.

Wolves really deserve the opportunity. Had they not blown 6 points to HUDDERSFIELD, and 3 to FULHAM, they probably finish 6th, ahead of United.
If City win the FA Cup, that puts us in the Community Shield.

I'll laugh if they lose, but personally, I'd rather get their candy asses on the field and handle business ourselves.

Reactions: NCRanger

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@nyr2k2 You're a Milan fan, so maybe you know: why are there so many weird numbers in Serie A? Generally, football sticks to 1-23 with numbers relating to position.

In Serie A we've had:

de Guzman - 1 (as an outfield player)
Viviano - 2 (as a goalkeeper)
Candreva - 87
Kessie - 79
Rodriguez - 68
Perisic - 44
Milik - 99
Zapata - 91
Fuzato - 63
El Shaarawy - 92

Just to name a few.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
@nyr2k2 You're a Milan fan, so maybe you know: why are there so many weird numbers in Serie A? Generally, football sticks to 1-23 with numbers relating to position.

In Serie A we've had:

de Guzman - 1 (as an outfield player)
Viviano - 2 (as a goalkeeper)
Candreva - 87
Kessie - 79
Rodriguez - 68
Perisic - 44
Milik - 99
Zapata - 91
Fuzato - 63
El Shaarawy - 92

Just to name a few.
birth year. that fuzato is pretty old.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

City fail to win the quadruple, and then proceed to go right ahead with the marketing they had planned anyway (which is ripping off Arsenal's invincibles by the way). Adorable.

You can't just replace the Champions League with the Community Shield.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
A League Grand Final on ESPN+ at 4:55 this morning between Perth Glory and Sydney FC. COME ON YOU GLORY!!!!!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Bad luck man.
Just an awful game, a game that bad deserves to end in penalties. Felt like Perth spent half the game aimlessly passing the ball around in their own end and doing nothing. I was imagining a team trying that vs the Red Bulls back when they pressed the hell out of teams (a tactic we have abandoned because it was clearly too successful as we were winning too many games using it) and they would've gotten killed. Also what the hell was that freaking guy thinking doing a paneko (or whatever the hell the term for it is) instead of just hammering the ball into the back of the net? The result was one of the most embarrassing penalties of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad