OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nothing shocks me anymore but I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around United sneaking into Europe the way they've gone.

Then again, Arsenal have been just as poor.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Nothing shocks me anymore but I'd have a hard time wrapping my head around United sneaking into Europe the way they've gone.

Then again, Arsenal have been just as poor.
e
Spurs have a ton of losses, all of Chelsea's players are engineering moves elsewhere. Other than City and Liverpool, the upper tier of the Premer League has been non-chalant about Champions League qualification or just even performing to their potential.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know what to feel.

I've never wanted to win a trophy more but I've never been prouder of a team that didn't. This is the best team in Liverpool history.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I don't know what to feel.

I've never wanted to win a trophy more but I've never been prouder of a team that didn't. This is the best team in Liverpool history.

All I can do is laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing is. No doubt the Reds win today, 3-1. And it's Messi doing something unstoppable completely against the run of play.

As for the league, even if the last Liverpool - Man City game ended in a draw, and Liverpool had ZERO losses right now, they could still lose the title on goal difference if they lost to Wolves on Sunday while Man City beat Brighton. I just don't understand what more they could have done. ONE loss vs. FOUR losses?

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All I can do is laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing is. No doubt the Reds win today, 3-1. And it's Messi doing something unstoppable completely against the run of play.

As for the league, even if the last Liverpool - Man City game ended in a draw, and Liverpool had ZERO losses right now, they could still lose the title on goal difference if they lost to Wolves on Sunday while Man City beat Brighton. I just don't understand what more they could have done. ONE loss vs. FOUR losses?

In the league, there's nothing more we could have done. If we beat Wolves, that'll be 30 wins. Third time it's ever happened. The other two won titles.

We can sit there and count the losses, count the draws, should have done this, should have done that, but the reality is, this season has been better than the best season we could have hoped for. In terms of their talent and their resolve, this team has given more than everything.

We lost the title because of an inch in the game against City and an inch in their game against Burnley. That's it. It's rare in sports that two teams truly, legitimately deserve it, but both teams do. One has to lose. That's football.

The Champions League bothers me a little more because we took it to Barcelona in their building. We didn't deserve to be down 3-0. Despite the general distaste for Liverpool, everyone has pretty much admitted that.

We got stuck against the best team ever assembled and the best player to ever walk the Earth. The former of which, if we win Sunday, we take bell to bell. Nobody else can ever say that they took this City team 15 rounds. We're basically Rocky.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
1-0 at half just checked in on an update and 4-0 now Liverpool. Weird 4-0 goal

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Tottenham bird is a lowly cockerel.

The Liverpool bird is mythical f***ing giant phoenix.

Get these hands.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Spurs going to the final is yet another black eye on United. Spurs and Liverpool fight it out for a trophy. Pool and City title race is coming down to the last game with both teams setting records. Chelsea locked up top a top 4 spot. United has.....the Europa league.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Yeah but the city's crest is a god damn phoenix! :yo:
I feel the exuberance of being in an all English Champion's League final (much to my chagrin), but it's some kind of limpet or something with seaweed in its mouth. I always thought it was a swan or cygnet so I had to wiki it. A mythical bird for sure, but not quite a phoenix.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel the exuberance of being in an all English Champion's League final (much to my chagrin), but it's some kind of limpet or something with seaweed in its mouth. I always thought it was a swan or cygnet so I had to wiki it. A mythical bird for sure, but not quite a phoenix.
article-2170679-13FBA18A000005DC-197_468x425.jpg

Looks like a phoenix to me.

Reactions: BKGooner

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
More and more legitimate sources are saying Pogba is forcing an exit from United. Who could blame him?

He's almost as good as gone to Madrid. How will United replace him is the question. United are going to have a makeover in the midfield with Pogba and Herrera likely leaving. That's in addition to the dire needs at RW, CB, and RB.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Seriously contemplating breaking the bank for a trip to Madrid next month. Unbelievable results.

I was thinking about it too until I saw that ticket prices are 4k Euros on Stubhub. Was expecting maybe 1k or 2k for good seats. Doubt they'll come down much but I guess we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->