Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The one in Grantebridgescire (I think) where you have to light those fires and lead the blind guy. I read you have to kill every enemy in the area across the water but I must've circled that place 20 times, there's no enemies left and I still can't talk to the guy to finish it lol

That's another frustrating part with some of these mysteries where it doesn't do a good job telling you what you need to do. It's just on you to figure out, and if it's not clear then you're kinda hopeless without looking it up.
That one worked for me. I find the Fly Agaric ones are the most frustrating, with the gates.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That one worked for me. I find the Fly Agaric ones are the most frustrating, with the gates.

Oh yeah some of those were so confusing too, there was only one I had to look up what to do and there was NO way I would've gotten it without trying every possible combination

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The one in Grantebridgescire (I think) where you have to light those fires and lead the blind guy. I read you have to kill every enemy in the area across the water but I must've circled that place 20 times, there's no enemies left and I still can't talk to the guy to finish it lol

That's another frustrating part with some of these mysteries where it doesn't do a good job telling you what you need to do. It's just on you to figure out, and if it's not clear then you're kinda hopeless without looking it up.

I had the same issue. I ended up giving up trying to complete it and came back to that area later without activating the mystery and just raided the little hut/fortress area. Killed all the enemies during the raid, did a couple of other quests then came back and activated the mystery. This time when I went across the river the place was already empty. I just walked up towards the center circular hut with the guy and was finally able to talk to him to end the quest.

Also had another panic moment earlier in the main quest. Right after meeting Ivar and Ubba the quest is "speak to Sigurd" but he's no where on the map. Saw a whole bunch of other people on reddit having the same issue and finally solved it by deactivating the main quest, going to Norway, activating the main quest and then going back to England.

Ridiculous how glitched the game is.

However, on a positive note, Magnus Bruun is easily the best voice actor they've had, at least for the main male characters.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Does anyone notice the lighting absolutely flips out in some spots of the game still?

I was in the longhouse to talk to Randvi and anything i started to notice a bunch of little white specks start to flicker depending how my camera was positioned. I initially thought "oh god don't tell me it's my Series X GPU" but then i noticed as i was leaving the house, there was a line also flickering on the carpet which i figured out was light shining thrown the windows.

I can replicate it and i caught it a clip to show. I'll post once it's uploaded.

Last edited:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone notice the lighting absolutely flips out in some spots of the game still?

I was in the longhouse to talk to Randvi and anything i started to notice a bunch of little white specks start to flicker depending how my camera was positioned. I initially thought "oh god don't tell me it's my Series X GPU" but then i noticed as i was leaving the house, there was a line also flickering on the carpet which i figured out was light shining thrown the windows.

I can replicate it and i caught it a clip to show. I'll post once it's uploaded.
This game has a lot of dust motes floating around. I find inside buildings you can really see them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This game has a lot of dust motes floating around. I find inside buildings you can really see them.

godtukka playing Assassin's Creed® Valhalla

This is what I meant here.

Only does this inside and it's way less noticeable in smaller buildings. Given how I'm still seeing slight screen tearing at points in assuming it's residual bugs left over that weren't caught in the first patch

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
74 hours in after restarting 40 hours after my first run I’m officially fatigued. Who ever thought it was a good idea to make the parkour gameplay sluggish and putting all the collectibles down below or up high needs to be slapped hard. Easily 20-40 hours of game time is wasted doing that nonsense.

Great game other than that and the boat music is amazing.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am now over 60 hours of total playing time.

I have not had that much fun in a video game in a very long time. The game is very good and it is so much fun to go through medieval england. The game is very challenging and with so many things still to do. It's actually a bit overwhelming but at the same time very appreciated of the scale of the game.

The AC game badly need an online PVP or even PVE coop that would bring this game to another level.

Anyway, well worth the money and it looks like I still might have another 100 hours of playing time ahead to fully complete the game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I just got it over weekend, played a few hours so far...so I should focus on the story and getting to England without getting too distracted? I could always go back and get things I missed in Norway, right?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I just got it over weekend, played a few hours so far...so I should focus on the story and getting to England without getting too distracted? I could always go back and get things I missed in Norway, right?
Yes, you just have to use Alta mode on the world map after.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
74 hours in after restarting 40 hours after my first run I’m officially fatigued. Who ever thought it was a good idea to make the parkour gameplay sluggish and putting all the collectibles down below or up high needs to be slapped hard. Easily 20-40 hours of game time is wasted doing that nonsense.

Great game other than that and the boat music is amazing.
Man I think anyone would be fatigued from playing that much :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I’m in for the long haul with this game I guess, I’ve made a deal with myself that I can’t buy Cyberpunk until I finish this story at the very least. On the bright side, at the rate I’m going all the bugs will be patched out of Cyberpunk by time I get to it :laugh:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm 100% buying this game on Boxing Day...BestBuy is selling it for $50CAD ($30 off).

I played an AC game years back, and wasn't a huge fan. AC: Odyssey was on sale for $20 for Black Friday, so I decided to get it to play on my XSX. I mention I'm playing it on a next-gen console as the loading times have made these types of games so much better, IMO. I think the game is an absolute masterpiece, probably my favourite video game of all time. I haven't beaten the story yet, but I've drained 29 hours into it. It's pretty much put Cold War, Cyberpunk, NHL21 and Fortnite on the shelf for me as I play it so much.

The only gripes I have is possibly the size of the map (a little too overwhelming) and the fact the places look mostly the same. The story is great, the combat is fun, the weapons are great, I love the ability tree, and I love how many things there is to do in the game. If I only have 30 quick minutes, I can go and accomplish something smaller that'll help me down the road. If I have a full day, I'll split it up through story missions, side missions and taking out enemies.

I hope I like Valhalla close to as much!

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Finished the story after 56h (I think, haven't got the reward for "Finishing the main storyline" on uplay but I am pretty sure I finished it)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have finished the game in 109 hours. I have done every single quest, every single chest, every single artefact and every single mystery.

WAY too long. Clearly not my favourite.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm 100% buying this game on Boxing Day...BestBuy is selling it for $50CAD ($30 off).

I played an AC game years back, and wasn't a huge fan. AC: Odyssey was on sale for $20 for Black Friday, so I decided to get it to play on my XSX. I mention I'm playing it on a next-gen console as the loading times have made these types of games so much better, IMO. I think the game is an absolute masterpiece, probably my favourite video game of all time. I haven't beaten the story yet, but I've drained 29 hours into it. It's pretty much put Cold War, Cyberpunk, NHL21 and Fortnite on the shelf for me as I play it so much.

The only gripes I have is possibly the size of the map (a little too overwhelming) and the fact the places look mostly the same. The story is great, the combat is fun, the weapons are great, I love the ability tree, and I love how many things there is to do in the game. If I only have 30 quick minutes, I can go and accomplish something smaller that'll help me down the road. If I have a full day, I'll split it up through story missions, side missions and taking out enemies.

I hope I like Valhalla close to as much!

Finished Odyssey after 47 hours. Realize this is a Valhalla thread but wanna share my thoughts:

I got the ending where Deimos kills my mother, and I kill him. I lived with my step-father. Felt emotional when I saw my mom died after everything.

I definitely wanna keep playing and exploring the Cult and find who the Ghost leader is.

Quick question..bought the season pass on sale for 50% off. Does it include every DLC?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If you like Assassins Creed you will like Immortal Fenyx rising another Ubisoft game.

It is very well beautiful, the story is lighter/Shorter than AC and it is also in promotion.

I am also surprised on how I am enjoying the game.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Finished Odyssey after 47 hours. Realize this is a Valhalla thread but wanna share my thoughts:

I got the ending where Deimos kills my mother, and I kill him. I lived with my step-father. Felt emotional when I saw my mom died after everything.

I definitely wanna keep playing and exploring the Cult and find who the Ghost leader is.

Quick question..bought the season pass on sale for 50% off. Does it include every DLC?

Yes.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad