Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thinking about using my opals to buy the Scimitar that's on sale right now in the opal shop..

Anyone have experience with it and think it's worthwhile?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I didn't realize this game has no next gen upgrade. Its the same settings as pro consoles. Why the extra $10 then?

edit: nevermind, its the same price.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m not far in, but the only quest I have on my map is recommended at 280 power. I’m 15. Am I supposed to just wander around for a really long time?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Waiting for a PS5 to grab this game so I'm guessing I won't be playing until summer 2021.
It's a PS4 game up-ported to PS5. Other than having something to play on PS5 there is really no reason to hold off getting it on PS4.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I noticed with the papers if I fail. I notice where it winds up and just go straight to the end and wait for it. Usually works for me. It’s so frustrating to chase it only to end up running up the wrong wall/tree or jumping down etc.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Thinking about using my opals to buy the Scimitar that's on sale right now in the opal shop..

I used some to buy that Undead Horse. The “special” weapons perform just like their regular counterparts. They just have slightly better stats. I also want grab that. The lack of one handed swords in this game is embarrassing tho.

Outside of the lack of realism with weapons/armor...

A complaint I have is in Odyssey there was WAYyyy too much loot. But Valhalla there’s not enough. Only 13 armor sets in the entire game? Come on. Same with weapons, the lack of is kinda weak..

So is having like only 6 hair styles that half of which are the same. And only being able to apply one tattoo to one area. Minor gripes but still I wish there was more damn hair styles and gear.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I used some to buy that Undead Horse. The “special” weapons perform just like their regular counterparts. They just have slightly better stats. I also want grab that. The lack of one handed swords in this game is embarrassing tho.

Outside of the lack of realism with weapons/armor...

A complaint I have is in Odyssey there was WAYyyy too much loot. But Valhalla there’s not enough. Only 13 armor sets in the entire game? Come on. Same with weapons, the lack of is kinda weak..

So is having like only 6 hair styles that half of which are the same. And only being able to apply one tattoo to one area. Minor gripes but still I wish there was more damn hair styles and gear.

Definitely an over correction on the weapons and armors.. too much in Odyssey, too little in Valhalla.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Definitely an over correction on the weapons and armors.. too much in Odyssey, too little in Valhalla.
Easily corrected as updates come out.

I don't really care much for armor and stuff. I just switch when I find something stronger, I don't really care what it looks like unless its some really badass.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I bought it lol. It's good, not some major upgrade over what I currently had to be honest (it was a gold Dane Axe, forget the actual name right now) but it's still good. I got it more so because with so little weapon drops this game I figured I may as well grab another one and give myself more options down the road.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I bought it lol. It's good, not some major upgrade over what I currently had to be honest (it was a gold Dane Axe, forget the actual name right now) but it's still good. I got it more so because with so little weapon drops this game I figured I may as well grab another one and give myself more options down the road.

I also got it, it's pretty good.

I don't find dual wielding in this game as good as it was in Odyssey which is sad, I like being able to quick strike with two swords.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I also got it, it's pretty good.

I don't find dual wielding in this game as good as it was in Odyssey which is sad, I like being able to quick strike with two swords.

I haven't really tried dual wielding actually, maybe a little bit at the start but I don't really remember it that well.

That said I've played almost 60 hours so far (don't judge me we're in a pandemic) so I don't remember all those details. Still have quite a few regions left to go through too, might get close to 100 hours by the time I'm done lol

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The game is massive. I wanted to finish everything in Norway before going to England and there are so much to play!

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The game is massive. I wanted to finish everything in Norway before going to England and there are so much to play!

Is it bigger than the starting island in Greece? Doing everything on there took about eight hours before getting your boat and sailing off.

Edit: Which version of the main character is everyone playing as?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Is it bigger than the starting island in Greece? Doing everything on there took about eight hours before getting your boat and sailing off
More to do in Norway for sure. I have not been effective following only the main quest. If you only follow the main quest it is quite possibly shorter in Valhalla or quite similar.

Now I want to travel to norway and compare the scale in real life! :D

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honest question, is the game play that much different from the previous games?

The last one I played was the pirate one or whatever it was called. Even that game felt literally the same as previous titles. It felt like what EA NHL does every year, slaps a new shade of lipstick on a pig and tells you its not the one they trotted out previously.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Honest question, is the game play that much different from the previous games?

The last one I played was the pirate one or whatever it was called. Even that game felt literally the same as previous titles. It felt like what EA NHL does every year, slaps a new shade of lipstick on a pig and tells you its not the one they trotted out previously.

Yeah. Origins introduced quite a few changes (more RPG, different combat system). They play quite different than Assassins Creed - Assassins Creed Syndicate. And the modern era sequences are way less than in the older games.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I read you can tweak the game play a bit, make the melee hard and assassinations easy and it plays closer to the older games where the hidden blade kills all the time and you feel more vulnerable when surrounded.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah. Origins introduced quite a few changes (more RPG, different combat system). They play quite different than Assassins Creed - Assassins Creed Syndicate. And the modern era sequences are way less than in the older games.

For which I am grateful. They've always been the least interesting parts about any of the games for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->