Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

EWy-z91XgAAioO7

Trailer will come tomorrow morning.
Artwork was done by BossLogic on their Twitch page. Was pretty cool to see him do this.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Artwork looks pretty cool, curious to see the trailer tomorrow. Still waiting on a Japan setting though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I never played the last one, i plan on soon but i heard it was amazing.

This one is showing a boat, i'm hoping it's like black flag which was one of my fav games of all time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man, they've done a great job milking the hell out of this franchise.

I don't even know if the story is relevant any more for me personally. Now, I loved everything in AC II and I bought Origins, but after the writers made such an entertaining game and plot twist to kill Lucy Stillman and pretty much do absolutely nothing afterwards in that storyline was one of the biggest anticlimactic moments I've ever played in any single video game.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Man, they've done a great job milking the hell out of this franchise.

I don't even know if the story is relevant any more for me personally. Now, I loved everything in AC II and I bought Origins, but after the writers made such an entertaining game and plot twist to kill Lucy Stillman and pretty much do absolutely nothing afterwards in that storyline was one of the biggest anticlimactic moments I've ever played in any single video game.
I think they are slowly bringing the story full circle. Without ruining Odyssey, there are mentions of him in it.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Destiny is all

Looks to be set during the same time as The Last Kingdom, the king shown appears to be Alfred The Great

Reactions: tacogeoff

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Omg, f***ing love that show. This game will be amazing!

Looks great, im playing AC Odyssey right now and it can be such a grind at times so I will need a break (this is like Q4ish??). I'm over 100 hours and at like 85% but playing a game that will feel like The Last Kingdom? cant wait

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Looks great, im playing AC Odyssey right now and it can be such a grind at times so I will need a break (this is like Q4ish??). I'm over 100 hours and at like 85% but playing a game that will feel like The Last Kingdom? cant wait

As long as they don't have that terrible intro song with all the wailing from the last kingdom lmao.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ve been meaning to play Odyssey but haven’t gotten around to it. Is it any good?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Looks fun. Does kind of feel like it's piggybacking on the recent popularity of Viking-themed fiction like... well, Vikings.

The only thing is that I don't have much hope of it returning to a more stealth-based gameplay. I'm behind on the series and haven't gotten that far into Origins yet, but I noticed even in Syndicate that they were placing less emphasis on being stealthy and, y'know, assassin-like and more on just having you waltz into combat and eviscerate as many onrushing mooks as you can in short order. And given the subject matter and the trailer focus, that seems unlikely to change this time around.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Holy crap, I thought I was seeing things but Magnus Brunn, who plays Cnut in The Last Kingdom, is actually a character IN this game, and he is voice acting it! The game will be straight The Last Kingdom. I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this game.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Might be one of the first games I buy for Series X.
I'd love for this to be the first game I get for PS5, but I feel like the chances of somehow getting a Ps5 at launch will be slim to none. How does one even go about that these days? Just hope you get a pre-order on Amazon or something at the right time before the sell out? Back in the day we would just stand outside the store before they opened :laugh:

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Looks cool but no gameplay. Hopefully they don't bring back the mercenary system from Odyssey.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Looks fun. Does kind of feel like it's piggybacking on the recent popularity of Viking-themed fiction like... well, Vikings.

The only thing is that I don't have much hope of it returning to a more stealth-based gameplay. I'm behind on the series and haven't gotten that far into Origins yet, but I noticed even in Syndicate that they were placing less emphasis on being stealthy and, y'know, assassin-like and more on just having you waltz into combat and eviscerate as many onrushing mooks as you can in short order. And given the subject matter and the trailer focus, that seems unlikely to change this time around.
I haven’t actually played Origins but I did play and enjoy Odessey, and i really hope Valhalla is good too, I do love Norse/Viking culture. But I do understand your point, they are pretty good games, but I feel they should be removed from the Assassins Creed umbrella so to speak.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I haven’t actually played Origins but I did play and enjoy Odessey, and i really hope Valhalla is good too, I do love Norse/Viking culture. But I do understand your point, they are pretty good games, but I feel they should be removed from the Assassins Creed umbrella so to speak.

Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping the AC name (which they won't do, of course, because $$$) if they're going to press further away from the stealth and assassination elements and more into just being big epic scope action RPGs.

Of course I also wouldn't mind if they dropped the whole modern day/animus framing device parts too. Those were cool at first but by the time I kept getting my play sessions in Black Flag interrupted so I could do boring FPS style traipsing around a game dev office and play a silly "hacking" mini game to get access to the server room I was done with that aspect. Though I was strongly getting to the point of done-ness by the time of Revelations and ACIII (which, full disclosure, I never finished because I detested how it and Revelations controlled after enjoying the somewhat forgiving fluidity of II and Brotherhood)

I don't mind if they keep the ancient conspiracy and ongoing shadow war played out at all the key parts of world history. That's fun. But they can stop with the meta aspect of "you're playing a game about some dude playing a game about our zany alternate history take on global politics" any time. It's really no longer necessary and I honestly don't know too many people that are caught up in that part of the story nearly as much as they might be the pseudo-historical parts.

Reactions: hangman005

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping the AC name (which they won't do, of course, because $$$) if they're going to press further away from the stealth and assassination elements and more into just being big epic scope action RPGs.

Of course I also wouldn't mind if they dropped the whole modern day/animus framing device parts too. Those were cool at first but by the time I kept getting my play sessions in Black Flag interrupted so I could do boring FPS style traipsing around a game dev office and play a silly "hacking" mini game to get access to the server room I was done with that aspect. Though I was strongly getting to the point of done-ness by the time of Revelations and ACIII (which, full disclosure, I never finished because I detested how it and Revelations controlled after enjoying the somewhat forgiving fluidity of II and Brotherhood)

I don't mind if they keep the ancient conspiracy and ongoing shadow war played out at all the key parts of world history. That's fun. But they can stop with the meta aspect of "you're playing a game about some dude playing a game about our zany alternate history take on global politics" any time. It's really no longer necessary and I honestly don't know too many people that are caught up in that part of the story nearly as much as they might be the pseudo-historical parts.

I think there is an overwhelming majority who like the current direction the game took over the excessive stealth stuff. But i read somewhere that there will definitely be aspects of stealth in the game.

i agree with you completely about that weird shit in black flag where you went to the office and did terrible mini games. I LOVED Black Flag but that was by by by the worst part of the game that i never cared to understand what it meant.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

ACIII was a period as a non American that really interested me, and I don’t know if the remaster did enough, but pity the game by large was crap.

I detested the “present” sections of the game, especially in Unity... they really really break the immersion. The present could blow up for all I care, I just want to be a Viking or a pirate or a Greek guy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It has been awhile since i actually completed an Assassins Creed game. The last couple i would rent, play for a bit, stop playing it and return it without finishing.

Maybe i will actually try to finish this one. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad