Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I have finished the game in 109 hours. I have done every single quest, every single chest, every single artefact and every single mystery.

WAY too long. Clearly not my favourite.
How is that even enjoyable? Seems like a chore.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yeah, it's a sickness :laugh:
Everytime I had a mission in a region, I did ALL the tasks and when everything was finished I did the main quest, which means I went back to places I had already done :facepalm:

HAHAHA me too but the odd time you come out a winner if you picked up a quest item lol

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, it's a sickness :laugh:
Everytime I had a mission in a region, I did ALL the tasks and when everything was finished I did the main quest, which means I went back to places I had already done :facepalm:

Ahaha I did the exact same thing and finished in over 100 hours too. I knew that if I did the main quest and saw other things nearby I could do I'd just go complete them instead until I eventually trailed off and did everything, so may as well get them out of the way first.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
What weapon combos did you all like? I've just been playing around with different combos lately.

In terms of actual efficiency I do the best with just the Sepulcher Axe. Seems to do well both against crowds and heavies. The other setup I've been having fun with is hammer/bearded axe.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's funny, my main weapon all the way through has been Varin's Axe. I've picked up a ton of others and am still with the one you get almost immediately. I've mostly been using a hammer with my other hand. I like using the hammer to stun or knock enemies down, then hit them with the axe or stomp them while they're down. I've never really been a two-handed weapon guy in these type of games.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I finished the game yesterday.

My guy is at level 400. I still have many sidequest to complete and I am now planning on getting Excalibur, Odin's spear and Thor's hammer.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
There's a skill early on in the bear tree that let's you equip a two handed weapon to one hand. I haven't messed around too much with it, the sword still swings too slow for my liking, maybe a spear will be better. I don't think there are any one handed swords so that stinks but maybe they'll come in an update.

I'm still super early, East Anglina. I like the animation when you kill someone in the Order, it's kinda chess but I love it. I've taken out five so far but two of them we're completely by chance, had no clues or anything for them, so that's neat as I think you had to unmask the Cult members in Odyssey for them to come out.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There's a skill early on in the bear tree that let's you equip a two handed weapon to one hand. I haven't messed around too much with it, the sword still swings too slow for my liking, maybe a spear will be better. I don't think there are any one handed swords so that stinks but maybe they'll come in an update.

I'm still super early, East Anglina. I like the animation when you kill someone in the Order, it's kinda chess but I love it. I've taken out five so far but two of them we're completely by chance, had no clues or anything for them, so that's neat as I think you had to unmask the Cult members in Odyssey for them to come out.
You have to unmask them too in Valhalla. The first 2 or 3 people were not masked (from memory)

Fun fact, I only used Varin's axe the whole game. (Upgraded obviously)

The most underrated is the predator bow. I would wipeout a whole army with headshots and hiding.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah I'm taking my sweet time playing through as I'm only just got to East Anglia and I'm also only using Varin's axe. I feel nostalgia for dad :laugh:

Reactions: Milhouse40

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Yeah, the heavy duel wield looks fun because Eivor kind of swings around like a helicopter with two longswords but it's brutally slow and doesn't look realistic at all.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Now I have two new glitches which a lot of other people on the ubisoft forum are reporting after the new update. I can't fast travel. The fast travel option works and takes me through the loading screen but than Eivor spawns out in the same place I was and is stuck to the ground. I also can't use the raven anymore. It says "raven not available" everywhere I go. :ha:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Now I have two new glitches which a lot of other people on the ubisoft forum are reporting after the new update. I can't fast travel. The fast travel option works and takes me through the loading screen but than Eivor spawns out in the same place I was and is stuck to the ground. I also can't use the raven anymore. It says "raven not available" everywhere I go. :ha:

I had that same fast traveling problem, but then I loaded a save from before I had the problem and it's been fine since.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I had that same fast traveling problem, but then I loaded a save from before I had the problem and it's been fine since.
It happened for me. You are probably locked in a cinematic or quest or game view.

Prior save will fix it or try figuring out wat is locked.

I fixed my problem by completing the quest.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Fixed it by reloading an old save. Lost about ten minutes of play time so no big deal but still annoying the amount of bugs I've run into.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I've been using a double spear setup ever since I unlocked the heavy dual wield. Quick strikes from distance with the helicopter spin as the combo finish. Plus holding L1 to use the off hand drags enemies towards you.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
They should have cut the scirs to liberate and atleast the wealth collectibles in half. Way too long. Enjoyed it though but no desire to play anymore after finishing the main story which is sad.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The fast traveling glitch has been popping up more the last few days for me. It's not that big of a deal to go back and load an earlier save, but it is kind of annoying.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Yeah, it's been bothering me quite a bit lately as I'm just trying to bounce around and clear stuff off the map before pressing ahead with the main story.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1.1.1 is out and has fixed the ability to talk to villagers. Also added in the loot point at Eurvicscire, but even after getting it I still have the maps for it and Oxenfordshire in my inventory.

Edit: Fishing is still broken.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
This is my first AC game since AC3, I have Origins, Odyssey, and one of the in between ones that i have never started. Enjoying Valhalla quite a bit but I feel like I am not making a lot of progress as it is just so enormous and long, I am about 35 hours in and have just gotten through Lunden and that is with not doing a whole lot of side stuff

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This is my first AC game since AC3, I have Origins, Odyssey, and one of the in between ones that i have never started. Enjoying Valhalla quite a bit but I feel like I am not making a lot of progress as it is just so enormous and long, I am about 35 hours in and have just gotten through Lunden and that is with not doing a whole lot of side stuff

It’s a long game, but keep grinding one region at a time. I’m a little past there.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'm a bit past that also, in Cent, which is the last 130 area. I did a bit of a clean up before starting this arc, took care of some things I missed previously like a daughter, zealots, a Ragnar dreagr, and a legendary animal that I didn't do cuz my level was too low.

I try to follow the main story around the shire, if there's an area with like four things in a town, I'm probably going to go there for a mission so no need to sidetrack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad