Dreger: Ask is "high" on Alex Chiasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
If he stays he’s going to get paid.

If he leaves his stats are going to go back to where they were.

Is he? Chiarelli is the guy that put us in cap hell and he's gone. Not saying it can't happen, we might end up with an equally inept GM, but at this point I'd imagine smart cap management has to be seen as a priority by ownership.

I'm guessing the ask is high if they have an interest in keeping Chiasson. Ask for a 2nd, get a 3rd, or keep him and sign him to a 1 year, low dollar deal. As long as they realise his production this year is an anomaly, I'd be comfortable with that. He may be a dime a dozen player, but we don't currently have a dozen players as good as him, so....

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers fans are pumping Maroody too hard. He is a step to slow for the nhl
Where are Oiler fans pumping this player's tires? He's having a very successful first season on an AHL team that is currently on a 15 game win streak where he's a key contributor. The outlook has been positive.

In regards to foot speed, I always find it funny how the fat slobs sitting at their keyboards toss out these criticisms about young players in peak physical condition as if it's something that can't be addressed and eventually improved.

Bye.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
hahaha this thread is gold.

Hall goes for larsson
eberle goes for pixie dust
reinhart deal
etc etc theres to many

but ooo wait oilers want a premium on alex friggen chiasson hahaha wth

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Gm's are not stupid, he would lucky to be a waiver claim.

Really? The guy makes 600k, is a UFA at the end of the year and has 17 goals already

judging by your join date you've been watching hockey for a long time... do you honestly believe that? Or do you just shit on anything Oilers?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
hahaha this thread is gold.

Hall goes for larsson
eberle goes for pixie dust
reinhart deal
etc etc theres to many

but ooo wait oilers want a premium on alex friggen chiasson hahaha wth

psst

Chiarelli doesn't work for the Oilers anymore

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Where are Oiler fans pumping this player's tires? He's having a very successful first season on an AHL team that is currently on a 15 game win streak where he's a key contributor. The outlook has been positive.

In regards to foot speed, I always find it funny how the fat slobs sitting at their keyboards toss out these criticisms about young players in peak physical condition as if it's something that can't be addressed and eventually improved.

Bye.
sssss salt

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
your comparison doesnt really hold much water than considering the guy who made all those moves isn't employed by the team anymore. I guess I dont understand your confusion.
I'm sorry I must have forgotten that EDM was properly managed before chiarelli and was doing wonders...
Also 'etc etc" doesn't mean "end the conversation with what was said above" it refers to continuos poor management and trades in regards to my previous post but i guess that was lost in translation.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Should have traded him back in early Jan. He hasn't done anything since the start of December. Hope we can get a good return for him, but gotta hope not many scouts have watched him the last 2 months.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yes, they should give whatever assets they have left for 7th round picks. Good one.

Good God Oilers fans, you guys are dramatic as hell.

The gap between high ask and a 7th round is rather huge, no one said 'fair value' meant you had to drop down to a 7th round pick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good God Oilers fans, you guys are dramatic as hell.

The gap between high ask and a 7th round is rather huge, no one said 'fair value' meant you had to drop down to a 7th round pick.

Wwwwwwaaaahhhhh the trade punching bag of the NHL for the last three years is actually asking for decent value on one of their players for once. Cry me a f***ing river. You sound like one of the guys whining in the Puljujarvi thread because the fans don’t want a 24 year old bust for a 20 year old.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don’t get why people are slamming Oilers management for an unrealistic ask when it’s Dreger saying “I think they’re asking a 2nd.” If he had confirmation, he would say “one GM has said the ask is a 2nd round pick.”

So far, all we know is that whatever sources he has feel that the ask is too high. Maybe the ask is a 3rd, but this source thinks he’s worth a 5th. Too vague to shit on the Oil for this one.

As for realistic, I think a 3rd is fair. Has his recent play warranted that? Probably not, but he’s dirt cheap and a vet with a Cup ring. With a lot of teams tight up against the cap, that should bump his value up to a 3rd.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Wwwwwwaaaahhhhh the trade punching bag of the NHL for the last three years is actually asking for decent value on one of their players for once. Cry me a ****ing river. You sound like one of the guys whining in the Puljujarvi thread because the fans don’t want a 24 year old bust for a 20 year old.

Bust for a bust is fair trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad