Player Discussion Artyom Zub (D) [Page 4 Senators sign from KHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
A couple of talking heads were talking in the spring about him just stepping in to a top 4 role.

He's here in town apparently. Must be keen

Gudbranson has been skating with some of his new teammates, including Thomas Chabot and Artyem Zub, at the Bell Sensplex from todays Ottawa Sun

Reactions: Icelevel

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
That has to be the slowest, least aggressive check to knock a player down that I have seen.

The forward just sort of skates right in to him then falls over.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That has to be the slowest, least aggressive check to knock a player down that I have seen.

No, see what actually happened was that the amount of force used to deliver that hit was so great it caused a rupture in the space time continuum which made it appear to the human eye almost as if nothing actually happened on that hit.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I hope he does this to Matthews when we play the Leafs again:

I see him tracking the puck carrier and taking away shooting and passing lanes before smashing the forward silly for daring to pull of a toe drag. I imagine he said f*** you to the forward as he sat him on his ass.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Zub has to make his NHL debut tomorrow night after last night's drubbing, right? Quite frankly, continuing to play Mike Reilly over giving Zub a shot should be enough to activate any European out-clause at this point.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Zub has to make his NHL debut tomorrow night after last night's drubbing, right? Quite frankly, continuing to play Mike Reilly over giving Zub a shot should be enough to activate any European out-clause at this point.

Hope so, but it could be Wolanin.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Zub plays the right side and DJ is reluctant to play D on their off side. If anyone comes out for Zub it's Brown, but he hasn't been bad enough for them to pull the trigger imo.

Reactions: barriers

dekem

Sep 2, 2005
Can’t be much worse than losing 7-1 anyway. See how he is in agame, not a practice.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Worth getting a look at him. Might as well see if he's any better than these guys:

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If Romanov plays like a top 10 defensemen in the league right now in Montreal. I am sure Zub is not that far away. May be Sens do not want to expose him before Seattle draft?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
If Romanov plays like a top 10 defensemen in the league right now in Montreal. I am sure Zub is not that far away. May be Sens do not want to expose him before Seattle draft?

Are you just comparing them because they're Russian? They aren't very similar from what I've seen...Romanov is a top NHL prospect. Zub isnt.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Are you just comparing them because they're Russian? They aren't very similar from what I've seen...Romanov is a top NHL prospect. Zub isnt.

Zub was like mvp in KHL. What are you talking about? Romanov still has to learn the game. And Romanov as the second rounder was not a top prospect.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Zub was like mvp in KHL. What are you talking about? Romanov still has to learn the game. And Romanov as the second rounder was not a top prospect.
Romanov was absolutely a top prospect.

Was Kaprizov not a top prospect because he was a 5th rounder?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think you are way overselling Zub's performance in the KHL.

I mean, Voyonov almost doubled his production not that hes likely to return to the NHL. So did Lehtonen who won top D honours in the league

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Looks like he'll get a shot...replacing an injured Chabot

Chabot is injured?!

Good God that defense....

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events