Player Discussion Artyom Zub (D) [Page 4 Senators sign from KHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What was his pre Covid price ?
Why does it matter? He was a FA; we could have outbid Winnipeg if we wanted to.

Pocket the draft pick AND re-sign the player as a cheaper FA post-COVID: could have been a great operation.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
DeMelo is not an answer here. He wasn’t great, he was a surprise and fine for us, but not a player I would have wanted to sign for 3+ years.

Let him go.

The guys we have now are placeholders for the kids coming as soon as later in the season and next season. DeMelo would not have been that guy.

There shouldn’t be much confusion in regards to the players that left. They either weren’t in the team’s rebuild plans, they didn’t want to be in a rebuild plan, or both.

Mystery solved. :)
Hey Melnyk, I respectfully disagree

Reactions: BatherSeason

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
DeMelo is not an answer here. He wasn’t great, he was a surprise and fine for us, but not a player I would have wanted to sign for 3+ years.

Let him go.

The guys we have now are placeholders for the kids coming as soon as later in the season and next season. DeMelo would not have been that guy.

There shouldn’t be much confusion in regards to the players that left. They either weren’t in the team’s rebuild plans, they didn’t want to be in a rebuild plan, or both.

Mystery solved. :)

Simple ... well said.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Zub is potentially making his NHL debut tonight and he hasn't been mentioned in his own thread over the past page and a half. Any word on Chabot's status tonight and he likeliness of Zub coming in?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Why does it matter? He was a FA; we could have outbid Winnipeg if we wanted to.

Pocket the draft pick AND re-sign the player as a cheaper FA post-COVID: could have been a great operation.
DeMelo didn’t get to UFA. He resigned 2 days before FA opened.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d like to see him. I worry that some of the second wave of rookies we will start to see may not be any better than the vets everyone is constantly complaining about.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d like to see him. I worry that some of these second wave of rookies we will start to see may not be any better than the vets everyone is constantly complaining about.
The difference is the kids will hopefully improve while the dilapidated vets will continue to decline.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The difference is the kids will hopefully improve while the dilapidated vets will continue to decline.

That’s the hope - I’m curious to see where Zub and Brann’s game are vs Reilly and Colbourn.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Those guys trying to defend this team,s terrible asset management, are either blind or have some other motive....
The enviroment for us losing quality players for less than market value lies solely at management/ownership,s feet...What happens when one of our very little talent like BT demands a trade???Will he become a cancer like so many others???This rebuild have been done terribly ,and is a complete sham

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Those guys trying to defend this team,s terrible asset management, are either blind or have some other motive....
The enviroment for us losing quality players for less than market value lies solely at management/ownership,s feet...What happens when one of our very little talent like BT demands a trade???Will he become a cancer like so many others???This rebuild have been done terribly ,and is a complete sham
There have been good moves, bad moves, lucky moves and unlucky moves. Anyone criticizing or defending every move is pretty obtuse and should be ignored.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I don’t understand, yesterday DJ talk about Zub like his god and we don’t see him yet

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d like Zub in for Gudbranson or Brown regardless of Chabot.

I’d like to see him play before considering anything too bold. He could make Reilly look reliable.

Edit - ahhh... I think you mean if Chabot plays tonight.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There have been good moves, bad moves, lucky moves and unlucky moves. Anyone criticizing or defending every move is pretty obtuse and should be ignored.
Been a decade of mushy middle or worse....When is ok to start demanding better???

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Been a decade of mushy middle or worse....When is ok to start demanding better???
Demanding better is always good but the blanket criticism even on good moves is as bad as anyone who defends every move. I fall on the optimistic side but clearly some moves were terrible at the time. Picking up Gudbranson after Josh Brown was dumb, it should have been one or the other. I hated the Murray acquisition, I wanted a UFA or Korpisalo. Playing Anisimov was clearly dumb. At the same time I liked picking up one of Brown/Gudbranson, I liked the Tampa trade because we gained a 2nd, I love DJ playing Norris and Bath on the first line and 1st PP. I love having Stutzle here playing as I believe he has the character and compete that losing in the NHL will not hamper his development. The Stepan trade wasn’t terrible at the time but he isn’t close to the player he was in the bubble and it really was unnecessary.

Dorion can do better and should be held to account but he could have definitely done worse. The early view of taking Sanderson at 5 looks like a good choice even though most of us had different preferences. I’d give him a a C grade which could move to a B if they integrate Brann, Forms and Brown by the end of the year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Demanding better is always good but the blanket criticism even on good moves is as bad as anyone who defends every move. I fall on the optimistic side but clearly some moves were terrible at the time. Picking up Gudbranson after Josh Brown was dumb, it should have been one or the other. I hated the Murray acquisition, I wanted a UFA or Korpisalo. Playing Anisimov was clearly dumb. At the same time I liked picking up one of Brown/Gudbranson, I liked the Tampa trade because we gained a 2nd, I love DJ playing Norris and Bath on the first line and 1st PP. I love having Stutzle here playing as I believe he has the character and compete that losing in the NHL will not hamper his development. The Stepan trade wasn’t terrible at the time but he isn’t close to the player he was in the bubble and it really was unnecessary.

Dorion can do better and should be held to account but he could have definitely done worse. The early view of taking Sanderson at 5 looks like a good choice even though most of us had different preferences. I’d give him a a C grade which could move to a B if they integrate Brann, Forms and Brown by the end of the year.
After what we gave up we should be far far more ahead....We have given away all stars and other than EK and the Sharks imploding,we have so very little to show for this....Money or lack of it has been a root cause,we cant pay our stars and we do everything on the cheap...Everyone in the league knows this,no player ,coach or decent GM will come because of EM .....He needs to GTFO so we can actually move forward

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
After what we gave up we should be far far more ahead....We have given away all stars and other than EK and the Sharks imploding,we have so very little to show for this....Money or lack of it has been a root cause,we cant pay our stars and we do everything on the cheap...Everyone in the league knows this,no player ,coach or decent GM will come because of EM .....He needs to GTFO so we can actually move forward
On that point everyone can agree.

Reactions: topshelf15

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I’d like to see him. I worry that some of the second wave of rookies we will start to see may not be any better than the vets everyone is constantly complaining about.

They will very likely struggle at first with the speed, game shape etc at first as the rest of the league and its veterans etc are all going full tilt. Meanwhile our boys have had the good fortune to be playing ping pong and some skating sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad