Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
He reminds me of a great Finn player named Jere Lehtinen who had a great career as a two way forward.

aside from being a Finn, I don't see a connection there. Lehkonen reminds me of Jay Pandolfo back in the day.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
aside from being a Finn, I don't see a connection there. Lehkonen reminds me of Jay Pandolfo back in the day.
Lehtinen did all the little things right and Lehkonen is somehow similar in that way. I remember when his rookie season he went pointless like hundred games in a row but never got benched. Even when he is not producing, he is an asset to the team. I don't know if it's a reach to call him smartest player on Habs.

btw Artturi scored more goals and points in his rookie year than Pandolfo ever did in a season.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
A bit disappointed in his lack of offense. He has a bullet shot and a great release, but never seems to be able to get it off.

He's been great at creating turn-overs for Drouin and Domi to capitalize on, and is usually dependable defensively (last game notwithstanding) and is a solid pker. But, if he's going to be a top 6 forward he needs to contribute more offensively.

I was hoping after his rookie season he'd be a consistent 25 goal scorer. He looks more like a 10-15 goal scorer.

Still young, but the kid seems to have no puck luck whatever.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
To me he isnt a 30 goals gu

But a potential 15-15 third liner or an excellent 20-20 guy

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He has improved his skating.
I think he should be playing with Coconut, that would open him up and Coconut. Armia is just not the right guy for Coco.
57F5AD3E-4898-42A0-B24E-C8E04D52D6DC.gif

No.. more.. coco.. nut

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Solid 3rd liner to me. Can step into top 6 whenever there's a need, but really should stick to 3rd line duties.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
He's a ****ing beast this season. Relentless.

Potential to be one of my favourite Habs in a while, loved him since his rookie season.

Kind of took a step back last season, injuries didn’t help, but looks to be back on track.

Not much luck this season but still looking great. I think he’s really focusing on defense and transition, just being smart, and getting that shot off effectively will come soon enough.

I think he can be an eventual perfect winger for Kotkaniemi due to their smarts.

Will always battle.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sophomore slump last year, but seems to have picked it up and is playing some good hockey. Obviously you'd like to see some more finish (no pun intended) but hopefully that comes with time and experience. I often forget that this is only his third year in the league.

Reactions: McTusk

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Not that sure, maybe 20 goals a year max. His shot if quite mediocre (I'm not bashing on the player, he just can't aim).

I've been a critic on Leks, but I always thought his shot was excellent. He does seem to hit the goalie a lot, but a great shot.

Reactions: Saundies

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Set up Kotka for the tying goal tonight, hopefully they can stay together for a decent stretch

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Set up Kotka for the tying goal tonight, hopefully they can stay together for a decent stretch

Yea that line looked good together.

The one thing missing in Lehkonen's game is scoring. Both of his seasons so far, he started lighting it up in the second half of the season. So he may be a slow starter in terms of scoring goals.

But aside from that, he's doing everything else so well. And he's still putting up points having 8 assists on the season.

Despite only having 1 goal, he's on pace for a career year with 55 points.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yea that line looked good together.

The one thing missing in Lehkonen's game is scoring. Both of his seasons so far, he started lighting it up in the second half of the season. So he may be a slow starter in terms of scoring goals.

But aside from that, he's doing everything else so well. And he's still putting up points having 8 assists on the season.

Despite only having 1 goal, he's on pace for a career year with 55 points.

He became an assist machine this year lol, he has so many chances to score though! When that puck will start to go in he will explode! Extremely solid start of the season! He's the winger version of Danault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad