Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Just wondering why you would pick the Weibull. It has two parameters, and depending the values of the two, you can end up with a curve that is extremely variable in shape.
Weibull distribution - Wikipedia
Unlike a normal or triangular or uniform distribution, which is fairly consistent in shape. In other words, there is no such thing as a perfect weibull distribution. There is a family of Weibull distributions, whose members don't look much like each other. But as a mathlete, you would know that.

I only referenced the weibull distribution because I read papers where the authors used that distribution to predict the future performance of nba players. Also, what I meant by perfect distribution is the smooth shape where the first few points increase before reaching their max and then slowly decreasing season by season.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Really interested to see what Lehkonen does this year. Big year for him. Will he break out and become a top 6 winger? I think Hudon will for sure, Lehkonen I have no idea what to expect.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Really interested to see what Lehkonen does this year. Big year for him. Will he break out and become a top 6 winger? I think Hudon will for sure, Lehkonen I have no idea what to expect.

Yup, him & Hudon are going to be interesting to watch. It would be awesome if one of them breaks out! Lekhonen is very close if he can just start snipping a few of those chances...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This kid was awful last year, let's hope he brings his workboots with him this year............and loses his butterfly wings...

He was not awful at all, he was playing solid hockey even if he was not producing.

Worst SH% on the team at even strength last year and still managed to score 12G in 66 games.

He will score 20+ this year if he stays healthy IMO.

Put him with someone who can make a decent pass and he will score goals, with Chucky gone and Pacioretty probably getting traded this kid has the best shot on the team.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yup, him & Hudon are going to be interesting to watch. It would be awesome if one of them breaks out! Lekhonen is very close if he can just start snipping a few of those chances...
The 25-and-under crew is what I'll find interesting this season. Most of our young guys are homegrown -- Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Mete, de la Rose, and Juulsen. Plus the imports: Drouin, Domi, Danault, and Armia. Almost half our skaters have upsides that are yet to be determined. That's interesting.

Realistically, I'd expect only Drouin and possibly Domi to become true top-six forwards. Lehkonen is 50/50, and then there's Hudon, Scherbak and Danault with an outside chance, though the safe money is on them being borderline 2nd-line/solid 3rd line players. Armia I don't know well enough and I'm not sold on DLR.

This season will be about watching individuals, not the team. The less I check the standings, the better.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
It’s going to depend on whether the coaching staff finally pulls their heads out of their butts and decide to play offensive minded players in the top 6. My biggest fear this season is that they think they can win by playing a boring style and relying on Price to win 2-1 games. In reality, they aren’t going to win regardless, but why not at least put an exciting team on the ice, and lose 5-3 or 6-4? At least give the fans something to cheer for and stay awake! Also, Let the young offensive players like Hudon, Sherbak and Leks actually PLAY in the top 6 rather than get limited time. But sadly, instead I can guarantee we’ll see Shaw and Pleks in the top 6 as soon as the young guys make s mistake and that’ll be that. The coaching staff on this team has had the wrong philosophy for a decade it seems.

Reactions: montreal

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It’s going to depend on whether the coaching staff finally pulls their heads out of their butts and decide to play offensive minded players in the top 6. My biggest fear this season is that they think they can win by playing a boring style and relying on Price to win 2-1 games. In reality, they aren’t going to win regardless, but why not at least put an exciting team on the ice, and lose 5-3 or 6-4? At least give the fans something to cheer for and stay awake! Also, Let the young offensive players like Hudon, Sherbak and Leks actually PLAY in the top 6 rather than get limited time. But sadly, instead I can guarantee we’ll see Shaw and Pleks in the top 6 as soon as the young guys make s mistake and that’ll be that. The coaching staff on this team has had the wrong philosophy for a decade it seems.

This whole defensive style is such a complete crap, to be honest...

No one's impeding those guys from generating offense, they just ask them to be reliable defensively!

You will not win a cup without being reliable defensively.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He was not awful at all, he was playing solid hockey even if he was not producing.

Worst SH% on the team at even strength last year and still managed to score 12G in 66 games.

He will score 20+ this year if he stays healthy IMO.

Put him with someone who can make a decent pass and he will score goals, with Chucky gone and Pacioretty probably getting traded this kid has the best shot on the team.
He was awful...................he had 3 2 goal games, for half of his goal scoring prowess............ add 9 assits, and you have 21 pts in his second year... your standards are like MB's very low.....the kid was awful after being very good the year before...let's hope he has a rebound season.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was awful...................he had 3 2 goal games, for half of his goal scoring prowess............ add 9 assits, and you have 21 pts in his second year... your standards are like MB's very low.....the kid was awful after being very good the year before...let's hope he has a rebound season.
You're superficial. I'm actually watching the games...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think if you look at the season as a whole, he was bad offensively, speaking. What makes me optimistic that he will have a bounce back year this upcoming season was that he had 7 goals in the last 15 games. And only one of them was a 2-goal game.

Even though the team crapped the bed last year, I liked how a few of the young players stepped their game up to end the year. Lehkonen found his scoring touch, Drouin was a lot more consistent (17 pts in the final 22 games), even Domi in Arizona finished the season with 19 pts in his final 22 games.

Basically, what I'm saying is if these young players can start the year the same way they ended last season, Lehkonen included, then the Habs will be in better shape. It all has to be done on the ice, but this is why I'm optimistic.

Reactions: BLONG7

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

I think Armia is going to have a huge effect on him, they are going to feed off eachother.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This kid was awful last year, let's hope he brings his workboots with him this year............and loses his butterfly wings...

I wouldn't say awful, he was actually pretty close to his rookie totals if you go by ppg.

'16-'17 - 73-18-10-28 (.38 ppg which over 82 games is 31 pts)
'17-'18 - 66-12-9-21 (.32 ppg which over 82 games is 26 pts)

A down year yes, he started the season slowly and then got injured for around 6 weeks and struggled to produce upon his return. I believe he had 6 pts in the first 28 games and ended up getting 15 pts in the final 38 games which is just about double the ppg rate. So hopefully he stays healthy and isn't on a line with Pleks, if he gets quality ice time and has skilled linemates I think he will do well.

I don't know if he's more of a 30 pt ish player or if he can be a 40+ point producer or maybe even a 50+ guy down the road in the right situation. He's got the shot, he's good at deflecting pucks but I have always had concerns about his speed for someone his size.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Lehkonen started the season injured and never found his way on a team that was going nowhere. I'm still confident he'll become an excellent two way winger in this league with 25+ goals 5o-60 pts potential.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have said before that TT needs to have 5 guys emerge as top players from our drafted pool to get back to a respectable batting average, and I think Lehkonen has a good shot of being a top 6 player.

As we all know, to play for the Habs these past 25 years and certainly for CJ, you need a 200 foot game and I think Lehks has done that since he started here 2 years ago.

The kid hustles and works hard. He also has a real good shot and so I dont think the 18 goal rookie season was an aberration. Not saying he is a 30 plus goal guy, but 20 plus goals is for sure within his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->