Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
He has 4 points in 6 games. I liked the quick pass he made to Domi last game to send him on a 2 on 1 with Drouin. How many points can we expect for him? He will surely surpass his total production from last year (21 points) and probably from the year before too (28). I'd expect something around 10-15 goals 30-35 assists from him this season (40-50 points)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He has 4 points in 6 games. I liked the quick pass he made to Domi last game to send him on a 2 on 1 with Drouin. How many points can we expect for him? He will surely surpass his total production from last year (21 points) and probably from the year before too (28). I'd expect something around 10-15 goals 30-35 assists from him this season (40-50 points)

I could see him around 20 goals for now, perhaps around 30 in the future. I would expect 30 to 40 points this year.

Reactions: Vachon23

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

Will really depend on how they use him. I mean Im sure he'll stay in our top 9 but not sure if Domi-Drouin-Lehk will remain a thing, or if Lehk will end up next to JK for example.

I do think he's got a 60+ point season in his future but this year I feel like its more likely it will be 40-50.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He has improved his skating.
I think he should be playing with Coconut, that would open him up and Coconut. Armia is just not the right guy for Coco.
Id try both. Lehkonen can play LW. That leave Byron or Hudon on the right side for Domi

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think he's been pretty good but I've been expecting more. I'm still sure he'll break out. I like the idea of swapping him and Byron.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think when we see Domi/Drouin heat up, he will be scoring more goals since he'll be the least focused on by the opponent. Love that he's solidified into a nice all-round NHLer.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I think he should be playing with Coconut, that would open him up and Coconut. Armia is just not the right guy for Coco.

I was always pretty sceptical of him because he lacked physical tools but he indeed looks faster and stronger this year which is great to see. He looks like a vet out there at just age 23.

Reactions: SOLR

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think he's been pretty good but I've been expecting more. I'm still sure he'll break out. I like the idea of swapping him and Byron.

For me I'd like to see see Hudon on the Drouin line first and then Byron.

Lehkonen hasn't taken his game to the next level offensively. But he's at worst a 3rd liner who should get the Gallagher role in front of the net on the 2nd wave of the pp, for now.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You don't want to touch the lines too much while we're playing well. A simple Hudon for Armia may work well. Both deserve to play but I think Hudon is better offensively.

Reactions: SOLR

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
For me I'd like to see see Hudon on the Drouin line first and then Byron.

Lehkonen hasn't taken his game to the next level offensively. But he's at worst a 3rd liner who should get the Gallagher role in front of the net on the 2nd wave of the pp, for now.
Yeah. 4 points in 6 games. Terrible offense.

Erase last season from your memory. That wasn't Lehkonen. That was an injured, no start to the season, shell of Lehkonen. This year will build off his rookie year.

Reactions: rockinghorse

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah. 4 points in 6 games. Terrible offense.

Erase last season from your memory. That wasn't Lehkonen. That was an injured, no start to the season, shell of Lehkonen. This year will build off his rookie year.

6 games is too small of a sample size to project point totals. And I didn't say Lehkonen is terrible at offense, I just haven't seen him take his game to the next level. It may happen, but I don't particularly like him with Drouin. I'd prefer Hudon and Byron opposite Drouin. I think they would do better offensively. If Domi and Drouin don't end up elevating each other I would like to see if the Byron Domi Lehkonen trio can reprise their early success, and see if Drouin-KK-Hudon can create offense.

If you want to look at that small sample size you referenced, Lehkonen had 3 of his 4 points in the first 2 games when he wasn't playing with Drouin. Since he's been with Drouin, he has 1 assist in 3 games. Anyways it's too small a sample size, I just don't like the eye test of how that line is doing and I think Hudon may be a better fit.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I think when we see Domi/Drouin heat up, he will be scoring more goals since he'll be the least focused on by the opponent. Love that he's solidified into a nice all-round NHLer.

I dont know... I Hope we can start looking to him for offensive production. Not convinced. I would probably start shopping him around quietly.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think Lehks is certainly capable of 20 goals , since he hit 18 as a rookie, and I dont think that was an aberration. Not sure how much more than that. Last year was a write off, so need to see more.

Anyway, I would think 20 goals and 40 points are within reach on a consistent basis.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think Lehks is certainly capable of 20 goals , since he hit 18 as a rookie, and I dont think that was an aberration. Not sure how much more than that. Last year was a write off, so need to see more.

Anyway, I would think 20 goals and 40 points are within reach on a consistent basis.

I guess the team really likes him, as he is splitting the temporary 'A' with Petry while Weber is out.

This, ahead of veterans Plekanec, Alzner, Benn, Schlemko but also younger, core guys with more experience than him, like Danault and Shaw.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I feel like Lehkonen has been struggling. I understand it's not easy to play with Drouin but I feel like all he does is grind it out for the other guys and I see a lot of skilled plays diying on his stick. He hasn't showed anything interesting offensively this season yet and has been unspectacular to say the least.

Don't get me wrong he's playing fast pace hockey and working really hard but it's just not clicking offensively for him. At this point I don't think he reaches 20 goals despite top-6 minutes.

I feel like Hudon deserves a chance to play in Lehkonen's spot. Lehky can bring something on a 3rd line perhaps pair him with Kotkaniemi and see if they can spark something.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I feel like Lehkonen has been struggling. I understand it's not easy to play with Drouin but I feel like all he does is grind it out for the other guys and I see a lot of skilled plays diying on his stick. He hasn't showed anything interesting offensively this season yet and has been unspectacular to say the least.

Don't get me wrong he's playing fast pace hockey and working really hard but it's just not clicking offensively for him. At this point I don't think he reaches 20 goals despite top-6 minutes.

I feel like Hudon deserves a chance to play in Lehkonen's spot. Lehky can bring something on a 3rd line perhaps pair him with Kotkaniemi and see if they can spark something.

Not gonna happen. CJ Looks to Lehk as the defensive conscience of that group. I like the idea of Jeppu playing with him but we probably won't see that until they decide to bump him.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
He should be scoring a lot more with his shot
He's getting a ton of scoring chances, but is unable to finish

Both of these statements are so true. But one thing ill give him he's often in the right spot to get a chance. He has some flair obviously but if he can adapt his game to be able to shoot more im sure he can get confidence in his shot as well as An increased consistency in his contribution. All things considered, im not going to say he's the least of my concern, but he's clearly improving so nothing to worry about...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Lekhonen needs a consistent playmaker and has shown chemistry with Kotka/Armia.

Give me this lineup please:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Drouin - Domi - Hudon
Byron - Peca - Scherbak
Shaw

Mete - Petry
Rielly - Juulsen
Who - Cares

Waive: Plekanec, Alzner and Benn (Once Weber is back)

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen picked up another point playing with Byron last night, even though they only played together a short time, as he was doing at the beginning of the year.

I see a pattern.

I like Lehkonen, but I think Drouin would be more productive with Hudon - and Lehkonen can be just as productive, if not more productive, with Byron. Please Claude, don't take as long as you took last year to switch the lines. Drouin and Lehkonen never put up points together.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lekhonen needs a consistent playmaker and has shown chemistry with Kotka/Armia.

Give me this lineup please:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Drouin - Domi - Hudon
Byron - Peca - Scherbak
Shaw

Mete - Petry
Rielly - Juulsen
Who - Cares

Waive: Plekanec, Alzner and Benn (Once Weber is back)
That's close to my lineup. If it was up to me, I'd have Scherbak with KK, and Byron on the other wing. But that won't happen, so I'd be happy with your lineup, with the exception of switching Armia and Byron. Byron's playing really well. Would love to see him play with Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Both of Lehkonen's seasons, he got most of his goals towards the end of the year. I don't remember exactly how many he had at the end of his rookie season, but I recall him scoring more consistently in the end.

Last year, he had 12 goals. He had 5 in the first 51 games. He had the other 7 in his final 15 games.

It happens once, it's coincidence. Twice, it's happenstance. Three times, may be a trend.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He is off to a solid start with 8 pts in 10 games and once the pucks start going in for him his goal scoring totals should start going up nicely.

He is quietly producing and I knew last year was simply a sophomore slump mixed with the whole team underperforming.(except Gallagher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad