Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No idea why anyone would trade him. One of the rare homegrown prospect that actually brings something to the team and won't eat much of the cap. And he's a playoffs beast.

He's a perfect 3rd liner that should stay here for a long time.

Reactions: schnapshot

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If we sign Danault for about $5M-$5.5M I'm thinking it may come down to either Lehks or Armia. We have lots of spots to fill and not much money.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lehkonen has quickly become one of my favourite players on the team once he stopped playing with KK

You keep him glued next to Danault, and thats one of the best shutdown duo's in the ENTIRE league, helps having a well playing gallagher on the RW as well

They nearly ended it last night in OT seconds before the Suzuki line did

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You keep him glued next to Danault, and thats one of the best shutdown duo's in the ENTIRE league, helps having a well playing gallagher on the RW as well

They nearly ended it last night in OT seconds before the Suzuki line did
Ive said that Lekhonen and Danault should be a duo for like 5 years now... Im so sick of being so right all the time.

Also I hate those new avys, I have to read names now.

Reactions: tazsub3

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
lek on an RFA extension that, with the cap flat, will be very team favourable is a huge commodity... was apparent even before his strong play in these playoffs, he's only further cementing that now.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen has quickly become one of my favourite players on the team once he stopped playing with KK

I hope he can continue to thrive next to Danault in a shutdown role. Dom's recently found 3 good lines. It's the KK line that could use the most improvement. Hopefully Evan's can come back at some point, and he can either play rw with KK or play RW on the shutdown line, freeing up Gallagher to play with KK.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for the insightful response as always. I dont even know why you posted that because dont you want KK to play with better offensive wingers than Lehkonen?

Makes more sense to have him on the 4th line with Byron and Evans or next to Phil to shutdown opponents.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Great hockey minds are always worth quoting.

I remember this quote from last playoffs I think.

I said we could totally leave him unprotected and it would be fine lol. Those last two games he proved me WAY wrong and then some. Not that I ever disliked him. He just seems a lot better with Danault and Gally than he's been in awhile.

But yeah give me the crow and take away the little to zero credibility that I had as a poster too. lol.

Mrb1p is right that I'd take him over like every forward except 3 or 4 right now. What a beast.

Reactions: Archijerej

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
dont you want KK to play with better offensive wingers than Lehkonen?

No. I have consistently liked Lehkonen and posted good of him more often than not.

I posted it because you couldn't help yourself but to criticize KK. Other people got it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No. I have consistently liked Lehkonen and posted good of him more often than not.

I posted it because you couldn't help yourself but to criticize KK. Other people got it.
Man, it's such a shame. I really like you as a poster, but you clearly have an obsession with me when it comes to KK and you keep making stuff up. It's got nothing to do with criticizing KK (which I didn't). Lehkonen couldn't score when playing with KK and many people wanted to split them up and give KK other linemates so it's obviously not just me (in fact, the Habs also agree). You could have been one of the posters, I'm not sure, so I won't lie and say that you did without being certain because I don't like to make shit up the way you do. I seriously doubt you were content with Lehkonen as KK's linemate to help him get going offensively because that's not his game at all. This will likely be my last reply to you regarding anything that has to do with KK because you just can't help yourself but lie and try to attack me instead of having a proper conversation.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Lehkonen: 22 playoff games. 5 goals 11 points +2

He's pretty clutch in the post season. (1 goal/point less than Tatar in 18 less playoff games)
Tatar is very much a player that can get you to the playoffs but not through it. He lacks the ability to turn up his game like other players such as like Leky.

Reactions: Dach Vader

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Tatar is very much a player that can get you to the playoffs but not through it. He lacks the ability to turn up his game like other players such as like Leky.
Tatar doesnt going where its hurt. Like in the corner Simple is that. In playoff thats a different style of hockey. This guy shouldnt play another game. He is just don’t moving the needle at all.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Dodger Toffoli and Lehky

62D31678-4451-46C3-80DF-0034ED182A26.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad