Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd be shocked if he didn't. Danault line doesn't provide offense but is great defensively. Tatar sucks defensively, doesn't skate fast and is soft as butter.

except Lehk may be still injured.

He probably got a concussion. With concussions, you may feel good one day, then not so good the next.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
His thread was buried deep on page 3, so I decided to bump it since he deserves it.
He's been very solid since replacing the injured Evans.

3 points in 3 games vs the Jets.

2 goals
1 assist

Seems to have completely changed his game from TOR to WPG.
1 shot in 3 games vs TOR.
11 shots in 3 games vs WPG.
upload_2021-6-8_3-33-17.png

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Kinda impressive how he's able to produce while playing with Danault and Gallagher.
I thought Danault only looked good because Tatar made him what he is? You know, the old story about how Danault always gets the 10th best winger on the team.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
But everyone always said that Danault got the two best wingers while Kotkaniemi was often stuck with Lehkonen.

Yes, we both remember those comments from last year.

But I think that fewer people think that Tatar is the second best winger now that Toffoli, Anderson, and Caulfield have been added to the team. In fact, many posters are ok with the idea of UFA Tatar walking.

Danault also said in the last playoffs that he'd rather play with Tatar than with Lehkonen. I think that he underrated Lehkonen, as do many people on this board.

How would you rank this team's wingers?

Reactions: angusyoung

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah I think it’s pretty clear the Gallagher-Danault duo is the real driver of that line.

With Lekhs I think this line might even be better defensively then with Tatar. More involved, faster, grittier, goes to the net… In the small sample they have 75% of expected goals! I’m sure they’ll contribute more offensively at some point.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Toffoli
Gallahger
Anderson
Caufield
Perry
Armia
Lehkonen
Byron
Evans
Tatar
Belzile
Ylonen
Harvey-Pinard
Josh Brook
Jake Allen
Drouin

I think that's about right. I might argue over a few small details but not strongly and not over the big picture.

I wonder where Caulfield will be ranked by next playoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Toffoli
Gallahger
Anderson
Caufield
Perry
Armia
Lehkonen
Byron
Evans
Tatar
Belzile
Ylonen
Harvey-Pinard
Josh Brook
Jake Allen
Drouin
I think that's about right. I might argue over a few small details but not strongly and not over the big picture.

I wonder where Caulfield will be ranked by next playoffs.

Those are the rankings based on Tatar's playoffs and Anderson's regular season.

If we rank the players based on the playoffs, Tatar is at the bottom of the players that have been in the lineup and Anderson is just above him.

Also, I have Evan's ahead of Byron and probably Lehkonen. Really hope we can give Seattle a pick to take Drouin so we don't lose those guys or Chiarot.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Danault is the glue to that line , no matter his wingers. He's a beast at puck retrieval, one of the best I've seen. He's got that plastic man body. He had good puck possession time . I'm not surprised his line produces so many chances , and key point* it's usually against the other teams top line. So he had virtually no points against guys like Matthews. Guess what? Neither did Matthews.
MVP of the team in the playoff outside of Price.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Lehkonen has always been at his best during the playoffs. Yes, he can be frustrating to watch at times because he gets so many chances and doesn't finish half as much as we would like. However, he's always been a hard working player that you could slot on any line. Plus he was drafted by the organization during a period in which no habs prospects panned out. I've always liked the guy. But I am positively biased towards Finnish players. When I decided to study abroad for a year, I went to Finland because of Saku Koivu.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Playing really good on Gallagher’s line. As long as Gallagher is playing that line is good. They plummet without him.

Big Ryan

Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa
Lehky is just such a playoff player.

Best forechecker on the team, hands down. Brings guys to battle with him. Not a coincidence that since Lehky has been in the lineup, Gally has had his best games.

I love Evans too. I'd love to see Evans beside KK and Andy on that 3rd line.

Reactions: habdynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad