Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Since I gave you all the positives, I should be fair and offer the negative for Panarin. Even after four years, his whole world is in Russian. He doesn't read English language coverage, he barely speaks it, and most importantly, he doesn't listen to English unless directly spoken to. So in those pivotal locker room meetings, the guy is not paying attention. He gave a very long full length Russian language interview a couple months ago and he said he doesn't listen to his teammates because "it's too boring". That was a big problem for the Jackets this year.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm hoping he can kindle what he had with Kane, with one of the kids.

They were fun to watch and hard to defend

Reactions: akmuo33

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm hoping he can kindle what he had with Kane, with one of the kids.

They were fun to watch and hard to defend

Great highlights but it was actually a waste of Artemi's talent to play with Kane. Both of those guys should be primary puck carriers. With Kane, it was Panarin's job to either shoot or give the puck right back to Kane, and the most dynamic parts of his game were left unused. The world just thought he was a great shooter with some good dangles. He's a lot more than that.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Since I gave you all the positives, I should be fair and offer the negative for Panarin. Even after four years, his whole world is in Russian. He doesn't read English language coverage, he barely speaks it, and most importantly, he doesn't listen to English unless directly spoken to. So in those pivotal locker room meetings, the guy is not paying attention. He gave a very long full length Russian language interview a couple months ago and he said he doesn't listen to his teammates because "it's too boring". That was a big problem for the Jackets this year.

Thanks for the breakdowns!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I wonder if he'll grow out of it. Seems like an immature approach. Then again he's already 28 (almost).

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Someone please let me know as soon as the NHL shop or WeBleedBlue releases the #10 Panarin shirsey, I would be deeply grateful and will be first to order. Thank you!

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if he'll grow out of it. Seems like an immature approach. Then again he's already 28 (almost).
Do you think the organization will encourage him to learn English? I imagine it would be practical for him living in NYC and with his girlfriend pursuing modeling.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Columbus had plenty of good finishers, the bigger issue, which you mentioned, is that there was little interplay with the puck going back to Panarin. The most common thing was Panarin smoothly took care of the zone exit and entry, drew a couple defenders out of position and then fed Atkinson or Dubois with a perfect set up. And those guys didn't miss much. Atkinson scored 35 with Dubinsky and Jenner, so it's not like he needs hundreds of sick feeds to score. The issues were that if Panarin had better passers to play with he could have scored another 5 or so goals, and if the PP was average, probably another 10 points.

Do you think someone like Kravtsov would be a good linemate? More of a passer but would be able to finish Panarin's passes. Or is he too much of a shooter? Not sure if you could answer that or how much you know about Kravtsov, haha.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dude this has NOTHING to do with "sneering" at people. It's just me showing a bit of annoyance at peeps like you and some of the other condesending "know it all's" in here who anytime someone in here states they either "think the team might just make the playoffs" or "wow...can't believe how quick this rebuild has morphed" it's a virtual guarantee that you and others like the know it all's you think you are, will immediately gang up on said poster and rain on that posters parade, burst his bubble with typical commentary like "we are much more of a lottery team than a playoff team"..." you are you delusional...everything would have to go right in order for us to make the playoffs"...yada yada yada.
Yeah? Please point out to me where my or my peeps show any condescension. Then please evidence me of how any person whose view disagrees with yours shows any evidence of being a know it all. Or does that just happen when one does not agree with your view?
So yeah I was voicing my displeasure at this non stop negativeness and put downs of people and feel it's enough.
Voicing at displeasure that some do not share your rosy outlook? So instead of debating people on their views, you choose to step on a soapbox and scream to the masses, never once addressing any actual point?
Do I think we can make the playoffs this year as a lower seed? Absolutely. And guess what...so do JD and JG and don't kid yourself as alot of the moves they made tho in line with the "rebuild" were also made to speed things up and where the playoffs are the goal THIS YEAR!!.
NO ONE said that the Rangers have no chance. That is a narrative you invented. What people did do is point out the reasons they do not agree. Apparently, you do not seem capable of handling a debate of opposing thoughts without flying into a hissy fit. Which shows that you have no interest healthy debate, just preaching as to why everyone else is wrong.

You have NO idea of where Gorton and JD are in their plan. Nor do I. But at least I can voice my reasoning without resorting to fits with those that disagree. Why is your view of what Gorton and JD are doing so much more correct that everyone else's? You scream about playoffs this year. Maybe. But your argument is rooted solely in the belief that Kakko and Kravstov will be better than Hayes and Zucc last year, the rest of the rookies immediately performing like seasoned NHL players and that last year's rookies will take huge steps forward. There is no room in your thinking of what happens if any of those things do not occur. Accordingly, anyone that does not agree with you is instantly labeled and needs to be shouted down.
What a beautiful thing...eh? To make the playoffs, get the kids that kind of awesome experience and still keep building the club would be invaluable. Don't get much better actually. BTW: Curious did the Islanders not only make the playoffs but win the Metro last year after being predicted by "experts" after they lost Tavares, that they would wilt and die and be a last place type of team? Yeah that really happened. Rangers presently constituted have a better team than they do
Going to presume that you cannot actually find ANY post that says that they do no want the Rangers to have success and make the playoffs. Which then makes statements like this, simple fabrication which allows you to have your fake righteous rage at those who dare to disagree.
Plenty of questions in the Metro and in the Atlantic after Caps,TB,Boston,Tor and probably Florida but I want to see them do it for a few month before I coronate the Panthers as a playoff team but they should be. You get the point...it's not far fetched at all for us to make the playoffs this year and for you and others to think that and put us down for thinking this way is what is so frustrating to me and why I'm even spending a few minutes composing this.
Show me ANY post that puts you or your viewpoint down. Or is the idea that if someone does not agree with your view automatically putting you down?
Would making the lottery be a bad thing? Not necessarily but I'd be pretty damn dissapointed to be honest. My brakes are firmly pumped and if we end finishing as a lottery team as you project, something really bad happened that wasn't planned.
That is great. But it is more than a realistic plausibility . One that you can either debate or stand on a soapbox and scream at without any effort at debate.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

..which is quite weird for a seemingly liberal guy like him. I highly doubt hes going back to Russia when his career has come to an end. So why not invest time and effort into learning the language :/

GL with him rangers, I think your management has paid a couple of millions too much.

Will miss the breadman in CBJ uniform :/

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
As Vali said. This team is to Euro. Though, I don't think Andersson and Kakko play Euro. Playoff time, it most likely will be a problem. Thus, why I think eventually they keep Kreider and move Buchnevich in a package deal for a hard nosed, winger with some offense. JD already talked about getting tougher.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
..which is quite weird for a seemingly liberal guy like him. I highly doubt hes going back to Russia when his career has come to an end. So why not invest time and effort into learning the language :/

GL with him rangers, I think your management has paid a couple of millions too much.

Will miss the breadman in CBJ uniform :/

Yes it's not like he's some Russian traditionalist. He spoke out against the Russian internet law, and also talked about becoming more accepting of gays. He's open to the world and a smart guy. And then there's the English situation... Hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad