Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Havent posted in a very long time but catching up on these boards has me shaking my head

Our team has a boatload of young (a few potentially elite level talents) and picks. We then go out and sign a top 8 player in the league while giving away NOTHING and people on here complain. I’d love to meet some of you. Holy ****!

This team after this offseason is 1 center away from being a cup competitor. PERIOD. All in 2 years. Stop your *****ing

My only concern is not enough toughness in our top 6 for the playoff war

They have no less than Boston or St Louis has.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean, not that I'm rooting for this. But there's a pretty damn good possibility we don't make the playoffs next year AND Panarin scores less than 30 goals.

This thread is pretty unbearable now because of all the insane optimism, but it will be completely unbearable then when people are destroying him for putting up his career averages.

Yeah we should all be miserable. How dare we be optimistic about signing one of the best wingers in the NHL?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think if we are expecting 30 goals from Panarin is a bit high. I'm hoping for 25-28 goals and 75-80 points. This team is not an offensive juggernaut right now

That would be in line with his averages. But what's this consternation over a random 30 number? a) It's an arbitrary cut off. b) He's more of a playmaker than a scorer.

Reactions: haveandare

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
My lord reading the past page or two it looks like a gathering of all the Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downer's on the board has convened and are letting anyone and everyone know very clearly that they are the "smartest guy's in the room" and how dare anyone believe that JD/JG know what the f*** they are doing and how to build a hockey team.

Yup it's the crack Debbie's and Nancy's committee here who knows best how to run the Rangers and if anyone is feeling pretty dang good about now where the club is at especially when you look at where we were at just a year and a half ago, we'll just reply with a condescending comment to try and cut them down to size and let them definitely know that it is the Debbie Downers and Negative Nancy's who know what's best for this hockey club....f*** JD/JG...what the hell do they know?.....lol

I get that not everything is peaches and cream and we are all singing kumbaya and that there is still plenty of work to do as the rebuild/retool continues. And sure it's your prerogative to be negative about our teams prospects going forward and criticize the teams moves.

Do know though for myself and I'd venture a guess that 98% of the fan base other than of course you guys, it is absolutely laugh our loud funny that if you guys can't be happy and hopeful after what just might be the greatest offseason this franchise has ever had at least in my 45 years following the team, you'll never be happy and now I see why you guys are who you are.

Anyways, before I get all depressed, I'll find a more inspirational thread to read and contribute too. In the meantime by all means fellas, continue bursting balloons and complimenting each other on how much smarter you are than everyone else including JD/JG....lol....cheers

Reactions: GordonGecko

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think if we are expecting 30 goals from Panarin is a bit high. I'm hoping for 25-28 goals and 75-80 points. This team is not an offensive juggernaut right now

in his 4 seasons he has scored 30,31,27 & 28 goals...averages 29 per year (29.5/82 games) so 25-28 goals would be one of his worst seasons...he also averages 80 points per year

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yeah barring major leaps forward from some players and Calder caliber performances from Kakko AND Kravtsov, we're likely looking at another lottery pick. That's totally fine.

I know people hate me for it - but I would argue that would be ideal. Certainly more productive than coming in 9th or 10th.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
in his 4 seasons he has scored 30,31,27 & 28 goals...averages 29 per year (29.5/82 games) so 25-28 goals would be one of his worst seasons...he also averages 80 points per year

And IMO he's probably going to playing on the worst team, collectively, he has yet to play on in the NHL.

Reactions: Leetch3

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yeah we should all be miserable. How dare we be optimistic about signing one of the best wingers in the NHL?

Because that's exactly what I was saying.....

I have no problem with optimism -- but cup contenders? Please...

We are probably not even a playoff team.

Lol...nitpicking at its finest. Touche.

Also, those higher scoring seasons were playing with Kane. I don't think he cracks 30 goals.

And 30 might be an arbitrary number, but I can already see people screaming 'we're paying him 11 million and he can't even score 30 goals!'.

Nash got eaten alive here and he scored 40+.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Would the Rangers be the first team ever to miss the playoffs/finish in the basement while ALSO having a player rack up a ton of points?

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
That is the most stupid thing Panarin did in his life so far. Those are actually his both grandpas' birth years. What was he thinking though as the reference you brought up would pop up in nearly everybody's mind way before anything else. The other thing is where he made them. Kinda odd. I mean I am obviously going to see my knees when? Every time I sit on my Iron Throne... in the toilet. Is that an appropriate time to remember your ancestors? I have my doubts.

The war did start in 1941 for the Soviet Union, not WW2, but what is called the the Great Fatherland War(to distinguish it from the Fatherland War of 1812 against Napoleon) which is a part of WW2. WW2 dates are 1939-1945 in whatever country though.
Ору блять)))

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My lord reading the past page or two it looks like a gathering of all the Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downer's on the board has convened and are letting anyone and everyone know very clearly that they are the "smartest guy's in the room" and how dare anyone believe that JD/JG know what the **** they are doing and how to build a hockey team.
How exactly is anyone claiming that they are the smartest guys in the room or that they d not believe in JD?JG?
Yup it's the crack Debbie's and Nancy's committee here who knows best how to run the Rangers and if anyone is feeling pretty dang good about now where the club is at especially when you look at where we were at just a year and a half ago, we'll just reply with a condescending comment to try and cut them down to size and let them definitely know that it is the Debbie Downers and Negative Nancy's who know what's best for this hockey club....**** JD/JG...what the hell do they know?.....lol
Again, unless I am confusing threads, can you clarify? Not seeing this.
I get that not everything is peaches and cream and we are all singing kumbaya and that there is still plenty of work to do as the rebuild/retool continues. And sure it's your prerogative to be negative about our teams prospects going forward and criticize the teams moves.
Now I must be confusing threads because who is criticizing moves? Being realistic and being negative are two different things. Saying that this team is probably a bottom 10 team or a lottery team this year is what some believe. Exclaiming that this year the Rangers are a center away from being a Cup contender is what others believe. Me? I think they will be Cup contenders.....but not for a few more years.
Do know though for myself and I'd venture a guess that 98% of the fan base other than of course you guys, it is absolutely laugh our loud funny that if you guys can't be happy and hopeful after what just might be the greatest offseason this franchise has ever had at least in my 45 years following the team, you'll never be happy and now I see why you guys are who you are.
Show me where someone is cursing this off season.
Anyways, before I get all depressed, I'll find a more inspirational thread to read and contribute too. In the meantime by all means fellas, continue bursting balloons and complimenting each other on how much smarter you are than everyone else including JD/JG....lol....cheers
Yeah.....still not seeing this. What I am seeing is fabrication invented solely for the purpose of sneering at people.

You are much, much better than this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad