Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
You just can't knock this guy on his ass. He took a couple of solid tough hits into the boards last night on the same play, behind the net in the O zone and he managed to continue protecting the puck with his amazing stick skills, despite having only one skate on the ice and the other in the air. I don't know how he stayed upright. Most guys would just try to do a quick dish of the puck before falling over. Not Panarin. Literally the moment as soon as the defender disengaged due to phizics, Panarin regained perfect balance and skated away no problem with the puck still fully in possession. For an undersized guy it's amazing how balanced he is under pressure. It's gotta be extremely frustrating for opponents to think you've foiled him and he escapes unharmed....AGAIN.

What can't this guy do.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
The next 6 games are going to be a tough stretch. If Panarin can get a point a game out of these he has a chance for 100 points.

Reactions: ohbaby

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Watching this game against the Avs, I'm convinced Panarin will be the only player to give McDavid a run for the money for tops in the scoring title. And I know many don't care about personal accomplishments, but who knows when the Rangers will ever have another 100+ point scorer. He's on pace for better than 110 pts. And in tonight's game vs COL he quietly garnered 3 pts. He is always around the puck. Always supporting his linemates and the puck, always backchecking, always finding open space, always knowing where to be on the ice. With his full 200 foot game and his exceptional skills handling the puck, it is really no wonder why he scores in bunches. His play this year is something to behold. He's like a little Jagr. Except unlike Jagr you can't double team him.

No one broke 90 the year we won the cup, so I could give a rat's ass.

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Now leads the league in 5v5 points and P/60 with 37 and 3.44 respectively.
This about says it all. I was hesitant to say he is the best overall player this year. You know with McDavid, Matthews, Pastrnak and other young stars. But these stats, kind of say it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadKick

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You just can't knock this guy on his ass. He took a couple of solid tough hits into the boards last night on the same play, behind the net in the O zone and he managed to continue protecting the puck with his amazing stick skills, despite having only one skate on the ice and the other in the air. I don't know how he stayed upright. Most guys would just try to do a quick dish of the puck before falling over. Not Panarin. Literally the moment as soon as the defender disengaged due to phizics, Panarin regained perfect balance and skated away no problem with the puck still fully in possession. For an undersized guy it's amazing how balanced he is under pressure. It's gotta be extremely frustrating for opponents to think you've foiled him and he escapes unharmed....AGAIN.

What can't this guy do.
His balance is exceptional. I couldn't agree more with the show he put on vs COL.

I had been watching him closely all season long. And was amazed how he never gives up the puck. Day in day out, he hardly ever turns the puck over. Last night I counted two times. For him that was a bad night. And yet, he still put on a monster display.

This is why I come to the conclusion he will be the only one to battle McDavid for the scoring title. With his conditioning and knack to avoid hits, he will likely play 80+ games this year. In the 4 years he's played in the NHL, he never played less than 79 games. If he does that, on the pace he is on, he will give McDavid a run for the money.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Just being mentioned in the same breath as McDavid says a lot. All I'm saying is this year, he might be better. If Panarin wins the MVP, in which he has to be a front runner, and is 1st or 2nd in the scoring title, it would be hard to argue who had a better season.

I love me some bread man, but McDavid is on another planet. Not even close. Now or ever.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The next 6 games are going to be a tough stretch. If Panarin can get a point a game out of these he has a chance for 100 points.
Before last night's game. Panarin played 41 games, McDavid 45 games. If Panarin scores 8 pts in his next 4 games, which is not unreasonable, he would be only 6 pts behind Mcdavid after 45 games.

And with the 3 pts last night, he is ahead of that pace. Pastrnak and MacKinnon are also in the hunt. Both are young and developing players. So is Draisaitl. These guys will remain up there in the scoring race. Panarin has his hands full but has an advantage of longevity.

Reactions: BreadKick

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

What can't this guy do.

Couldn't have said it better. I've slowly found that he is extremely difficult to knock down or to knock off the puck. He has an assortment of little moves to keep the puck. Even when the opponent takes it, it's only for a split second, as Panarin takes it right back. He is the small ice king.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m fully convinced he sneaks into arenas and swaps out the pucks for magnetic ones and plays with a magnetic stick, he has an uncanny ability to have the puck just come to him; regardless of whether it looks like he lost it or the other players got it. I’ve never seen anything like it

Bread4Life

Dec 13, 2019
Russia, Yekaterinburg
He’s not on another planet. In fact, Crosby and Ovechkin were better at the same age carrying the team to post season. McDavid is a mediocre leader.
Agree with it. Young Sid and OV was better in my opinion. But right now McDavid is the best player on the planet. Anyway Panara is elite and he can beat McDavid face to face in one game or one series. Y'all remember game against Oilers and show by Artemi.

Reactions: ohbaby

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Before last night's game. Panarin played 41 games, McDavid 45 games. If Panarin scores 8 pts in his next 4 games, which is not unreasonable, he would be only 6 pts behind Mcdavid after 45 games.

A more realistic and less hyperbolic approach to this Panarin or McDavid debate would be to admit he’s 14 points behind him in 4 less games played and to just appreciate that we have an elite player with out pumping up this MVP noise

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
A more realistic and less hyperbolic approach to this Panarin or McDavid debate would be to admit he’s 14 points behind him in 4 less games played and to just appreciate that we have an elite player with out pumping up this MVP noise

Nailed it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
McDavid has 16 more PP points. That's the major difference in production

Our PP has been bad/inconsistent since Mika has come back

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
He's certainly not better than Mcdavid who is in his own tier, but if the Ranger's manage to squeeze into a playoff spot (unlikely) and the Oilers miss the playoffs (more likely), he absolutely deserves to be a Hart candidate. He's well on his way to a top 5 season in Ranger's history.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
He’s not on another planet. In fact, Crosby and Ovechkin were better at the same age carrying the team to post season. McDavid is a mediocre leader.
Evaluating him simply due to playoff appearances? I dont agree with that. Crosby was on teams with boatloads of additional talent compared to what McDavid has ever had. Drai couldn't even serve food at malkin's table, Fleury is better than any goalie Edmonton has had and then you get guys like Staal, gonchar, letang, recchi, whitney, orpik, goligoski, Dom Moore, etc.

In 07 when he was badly injured the team still got 1st place in the east. Where would these edm teams go? Back to 1st overall in the draft

Crosby wasnt carrying anything. He was just a giant cog in a machine full of other perfectly functional cogs...and another giant Malkin one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->