Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I hope he stays at 30 goals and 100 points. not because I don't want him to lose, but because that stat line satisfies my OCD

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I'm glad Kane is playing out of his mind, it actually gives Kucherov real competition.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
What I like about Kucherov is the fight in him. He is old school. Grumpy, intense, all about the game, and takes no BS. Which is so interesting, because just by looking at him you'd think he's a bit soft, and not in the greatest shape. While in reality, the guy is an assassin.

Last edited:

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
I still wouldn't count out McJesus. Also Kane should cool off soon, he is on a insane 19 games points streak and that can't going on forever.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I still wouldn't count out McJesus. Also Kane should cool off soon, he is on a insane 19 games points streak and that can't going on forever.
Kane is insane and can sustain the pace. McDavid is due for a hot streak so he is still in contention.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Kane is insane and can sustain the pace. McDavid is due for a hot streak so he is still in contention.
He's 15 points back with ~20 games remaining. He's done no matter how hot he goes. It's Kucherov versus Kane.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
McDavid played with the same line mates last year and when he won, greatest ever, but now that he's losing??? It's an excuse.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Kucherov and McDavid receive similar opportunities and usage, i.e. they are superstars and the team knows to go through them.

But in terms of teammates, Edmonton is an embarrassment while Tampa Bay is an embarrassment of riches.

Were their situations swapped, their point totals would be too. Tampa Bay has a real team that can actually break out of their own end and hem other teams in theirs. Edmonton? Not so much.

Reactions: generationalfan

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
McDavid's 2 game suspension ends his Art Ross chances if the 15 pt difference already didn't do that. Just too few games now to make up that kind of difference. TB only plays one game during those 2 games, but it's against the Kings. Kuch could easily put up 2-3pts and it's then a 17-18 pt lead.

Kane is still within range, but he needs to start have multi-point games again if he wants to close the gap. Had a nice goal tonight.

OP is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad