Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
lol... so much trash talking and brash behavior in this thread. A lot of shots fired...

The gap between McDavid and the fourth highest scorer is 0.15 points per game and the gap between Kucherov and McDavid is 0.14 points per game. The gap between Kucherov and Kane is 0.09 PPG. These three are on another level this season when it comes to offensive production at the moment and Kane and McDavid are former Art Ross winners and are strong competition in the scoring race and Kucherov deserves respect for the fact that this race isn't all that close right now. Yes, his team is dominant and he's a big part of the team and is capitalizing on his situation, which is all you can ask him to do.

Reactions: J T Money

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
McDavid played with the same line mates last year and when he won, greatest ever, but now that he's losing??? It's an excuse.

His team was bad and he won in spite of it, which is something he deserves credit for. He's still on a shitty team and he's producing just as well as he did last season if not better, which makes what Kucherov is doing very impressive.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It means Rantanen was a flash in the pan just like everyone was saying earlier this season.
He has 162 points in his last 142 games, which is top 10 in the league. He's 2 points out of the top 5.

How do you make comments like that, and expect anyone to take you seriously?

No one cares if Mcdavid is better than MacKinnon and Rantanen.

I'd rather have those 2, than McDavid.

Being successful in this league, isn't about having the best player.

The Avs are adding a top 4 pick this year, and adding a high end Dman in Makar.

Edmonton is stalled out at the bottom of the league again.

Good luck.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He has 162 points in his last 142 games, which is top 10 in the league. He's 2 points out of the top 5.

How do you make comments like that, and expect anyone to take you seriously?

No one cares if Mcdavid is better than MacKinnon and Rantanen.

I'd rather have those 2, than McDavid.

Being successful in this league, isn't about having the best player.

The Avs are adding a top 4 pick this year, and adding a high end Dman in Makar.

Edmonton is stalled out at the bottom of the league again.

Good luck.

You sure seem to care as you're in here whining about McDavid after Rantanen and mackinnon have been left in the dust.

Hopefully the Oilers can one day have all the lasting success of the Avalanche over the past decade. :laugh:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You sure seem to care as you're in here whining about McDavid after Rantanen and mackinnon have been left in the dust.

Hopefully the Oilers can one day have all the lasting success of the Avalanche over the past decade. :laugh:

They both have close to 80 points.

The only thing Edmonton has won in 10 years is lotteries, which they terribly mismanaged.

The Avs have had some shit years, but they are trending up in a big way, and Edmonton is stalled again.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
McDavid played with the same line mates last year and when he won, greatest ever, but now that he's losing??? It's an excuse.

Actually he didn't. His linemates change from game to game and from year to year.

Last year, his most common linemates were Draisatl and Maroon and then Lucic. This year he played quite a few games with RNH and Rattie. And even when they play together, McD and Draisaitl usually play with Kassian/Rattie/Chiasson.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Actually he didn't. His linemates change from game to game and from year to year.

Last year, his most common linemates were Draisatl and Maroon and then Lucic. This year he played quite a few games with RNH and Rattie. And even when they play together, McD and Draisaitl usually play with Kassian/Rattie/Chiasson.

I think it's all the "McDavid will decide to win it and go on a tear" talk that's causing a lot of people to gang up on McDavid.

Reactions: Ageless and Mbraunm

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
They both have close to 80 points.

The only thing Edmonton has won in 10 years is lotteries, which they terribly mismanaged.

The Avs have had some **** years, but they are trending up in a big way, and Edmonton is stalled again.

Oh yeah . Avs been trending up since 2007. Model franchise over there. lol

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oh yeah . Avs been trending up since 2007. Model franchise over there. lol
They won the division in 2013 with 112 points. Finished 3rd in the league.

I agree tho, they're on their 3rd revuild. It looks like this one will stick

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I think it's all the "McDavid will decide to win it and go on a tear" talk that's causing a lot of people to gang up on McDavid.

Unless I missed something, there were couple people saying that McD will go on a tear, and people are ganging up on McD since the season started....

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Unless I missed something, there were couple people saying that McD will go on a tear, and people are ganging up on McD since the season started....

You are missing something. Only McDavid is excused for not leading in scoring. Questioning these excuses is not ganging up.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
You are missing something. Only McDavid is excused for not leading in scoring. Questioning these excuses is not ganging up.

You mean that only McD needs excuses for not leading in scoring... And this happened all year long...

I don't recall anyone questioning Kuch, or asking for excuses, earlier in the season when he was not leading..

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
are you claiming that those excuses hold no weight? I don't like excuses as much as the next guy but damn. I forgot which game it was but CM missed it, and I saw the starting line-up, it literally hurt to look at it. A bunch of AHLer's playing in an NHL game. If you didn't know the backstory, it literally seemed like it was a matchup on NHL 19 where you can play against anyone from any league for crying out loud.

and this is kinda ironic coming from you daver. you know, excuses and all.

Reactions: generationalfan

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
McDavid won't win sadly so I'm not invested in this anymore.

**** you Chiarelli.

Still not counting out Mcdavid to win it. Guy was behind late last year to if I’m not mistaken. He can easily go on a run like Kane or kucherov.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Still not counting out Mcdavid to win it. Guy was behind late last year to if I’m not mistaken. He can easily go on a run like Kane or kucherov.

He just got suspended 2 games, he's not winning it 15 points behind with that many games to go.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
It’s gotta be Kane at this point. As a neutral party, he’s been an absolute monster in reviving the Blackhawks meanwhile the Lightning would still be in first place without Kuch.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
It’s gotta be Kane at this point. As a neutral party, he’s been an absolute monster in reviving the Blackhawks meanwhile the Lightning would still be in first place without Kuch.

Think of the Lightning as Jordan’s Bulls team without him. Good enough to make a Conference Finals but not a championship squad without him. The Lightning are those Bulls if they didn’t have Kucherov playing like the best player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad