Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Flashback of last season. McDavid has the flu around xmas/new year, for an extended period, but stays consistent. Kucherov with a commanding double digit lead over Connor.
McDavid turns on the jets after the all-star break (which also happened in 2017), and gains traction on Nikita last season
With the Oilers being only 2 pts out of a playoff spot, I expect him to turn into McJesus again in February and lead them into a wildcard spot

In regards to the Art Ross, this year might be different. As Tampa is setting records with their season, by far the best team in the league, and they haven't shown any signs of slowing down. Kucherov leading the way, definitely a Hart Candidate
But McDavid is an Alien, a singular enigma with god-like cardio. It's going to be an exciting finish

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kuch will be tough to beat. He and his team are dominating this year. Reminds me of Guy Lafleur and the '76-'77 Canadiens.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He's the back to back winner and the best player in the game?
Gaudreau, Rantanen, and MacKinnon are all on lines that absolutely clicking... McDavid not so much.

McDavid is the better individual player, but I would not be surprised at all if be finished 3rd or 4th this year. He has definitely not the only competitor to Kucherov.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
If McDavid can keep close till the last few weeks of the season.. I see no reason why he won't win. The playoff teams will be prepping and resting there stars more, while Edmonton could very much be out of it by then and have there sole goal getting McD some McPoints and the hardware.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
That's an ugly sounding scenario. Don't these guys get flu shots?
Probably not. I don't think it's standard practice to give flu shots to younger people as their body's can generally handle it and fight it off more quickly. Not that young people don't get them, I'm sure there are cases that they do, but I think flu shots are generally a necessity for the older demographic that has weaker immune systems.

Besides, McDavid's team already plays like it has a perpetual flu so I doubt them getting sick would change much, and as long as McDavid isn't missing games because of his flu, it's a non issue IMO.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
If McDavid can keep close till the last few weeks of the season.. I see no reason why he won't win. The playoff teams will be prepping and resting there stars more, while Edmonton could very much be out of it by then and have there sole goal getting McD some McPoints and the hardware.

Tampa is already rotating players each game and cutting minutes down for the stars (when up obviously).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Tampa is already rotating players each game and cutting minutes down for the stars (when up obviously).
Same with the Flames. Last game Gaudreau had 15:23 TOI, Monahan had 14:32 TOI, and Tkachuk had 14:39 TOI.
In Edmonton's last game McDavid had 24:23 TOI and Draisaitl had 24:32 TOI. The next highes Edmonton fwd was RNH with 19:39 TOI.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011

Seriously, McDavid might be doing himself more harm longterm if he is playing sick. Shades of Crosby

sidney.jpg

Last edited:

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I said it before and I’ll say it again: one does simply not outscore a healthy Mcdavid. He could trail by 20 points and I’d still pick him to win the Art Ross.

He’s the best and when you’re the best, you always end up on top (when healthy), it’s that simple.

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I said it before and I’ll say it again: one does simply not outscore a healthy Mcdavid. He could trail by 20 points and I’d still pick him to win the Art Ross.

He’s the best and when you’re the best, you always end up on top (when healthy), it’s that simple.
Except it isn't that simple. McDavid has not shown himself to be a dominant force above everyone else the way Gretzky or Lemieux or Jagr did. He is the best but not so much better than the 2nd best that he is guaranteed to win the Art Ross.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Except it isn't that simple. McDavid has not shown himself to be a dominant force above everyone else the way Gretzky or Lemieux or Jagr did. He is the best but not so much better than the 2nd best that he is guaranteed to win the Art Ross.

Agree with you 100%, he didn’t even prove to be as dominant as Crosby was (10-11 before injury, 12-13 before injury and 13-14), but my point was that he’s gonna he win the Art Ross, not that he’s dominating his peers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad