Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Kucherov was not even in McDavid's league as a player at the same age when he was an RFA. So there is no comparison between the two in regards to what they signed for as RFA's.
I don't think anyone was comparing them. Kucherov was not in McDavid's universe, and IMO still isn't. But Kucherov's contract was a huge gift to Tampa regardless; he was making less than most of his far-less productive peers.

Reactions: Duffalufagus

Pulpfishin

Apr 11, 2018
I don't think anyone was comparing them. Kucherov was not in McDavid's universe, and IMO still isn't..
I'm not sure how to measure a universe but no matter how you measure it I'm pretty sure Kucherov is in the same one as McDavid and in that universe right now McDavid would be looking up to see Kucherov's point total.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
I don't think anyone was comparing them. Kucherov was not in McDavid's universe, and IMO still isn't. But Kucherov's contract was a huge gift to Tampa regardless; he was making less than most of his far-less productive peers.
Funny universe...Kucherov is on the top of the scoring board by any means.

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
This couldn't be further from the truth.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Really? That link just shows that with Drai he has a good GF% (26-15) while without him it's not very good (12-12).

According to same site:
At 5v5 he played ~372 min. with Drai having 23 points for 3.70 P60. Without Drai he played ~307 min. having 11 points for 2.15 P60.

As ES he played ~412 min. with Drai having 30 points for 4.36 P60. Without Drai he played ~317 min. having 12 points for 2.26 P60.

Reactions: Mbraunm

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

If there is any doubt about this, look at how their teams are doing. The more TB pulls away the bigger the gap between them.

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
Since start of last season:

Player A:

121 Games
64 Goals
105 Assists
169 Points

Player B:
121 Ganes
59 Goals
110 Assists
169 Points

Who won last year? A or B?
Who will win this year?

Seems to me, they are pretty even

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If there is any doubt about this, look at how their teams are doing. The more TB pulls away the bigger the gap between them.

CM was on a playoff team that went to the WCF 2 years ago and scored less than what he did last year on a bottom team. Thanks for proving that playing on a weaker team gives you more ice time opportunity to score.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
IMO the interesting question is whether McD is value.

I don’t think he is. At his number he offers limited (or no) upside for such a huge cap hit.

Yes, he produces more than anyone else in the league would, in his position, on that team. No one would have more points on the oilers than he has.

But, there are 4-5 guys who would be close. All of whom cost half as much. And, in a cap driven league, that matters.

Point being: McDavid is not good value at 12mil per IMO.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
MacKinnon with 2 points and Rantanen one early in the 1st already.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Since start of last season:

Player A:

121 Games
64 Goals
105 Assists
169 Points

Player B:
121 Ganes
59 Goals
110 Assists
169 Points

Who won last year? A or B?
Who will win this year?

Seems to me, they are pretty even
And if those players swapped teams, would their totals stay the same?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
IMO the interesting question is whether McD is value.

I don’t think he is. At his number he offers limited (or no) upside for such a huge cap hit.

Yes, he produces more than anyone else in the league would, in his position, on that team. No one would have more points on the oilers than he has.

But, there are 4-5 guys who would be close. All of whom cost half as much. And, in a cap driven league, that matters.
Point being: McDavid is not good value at 12mil per IMO.

That's a lot of mental gymnastics to convince yourself on that point.

Because Mcdavid isn't one of the five best value contracts in the league his deal doesnt have value?

That's a pretty upside down way of looking at things.

Backhandbeauty

Dec 28, 2018
CM was on a playoff team that went to the WCF 2 years ago and scored less than what he did last year on a bottom team. Thanks for proving that playing on a weaker team gives you more ice time opportunity to score.
They won one round.

Backhandbeauty

Dec 28, 2018
Dave is the same guy that used to cry about Crosby's linemates and project how many more points he'd have with better wingers.

Being a Homer and fanboy is one thing. People lying and being hypocriticalis another.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

You should read Daver's posts in this thread. He's being sarcastic.

Though, compared to league scoring/elite scorers, McDavid produced roughly the same last year as the year before.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Rantanen and Mack just added right now on the PP. still 10 mins left in the 3rd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad