Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
No offence to the Isles or Bruins but I'm ready to see a Crosby-Ovechkin playoff series again.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He was pretty shaky with his rebounds all night and looked nervous.

Not unusual I guess playing in front of that many fans, first playoff start. He's still a very good goalie though, I expect him to be very good and I think the Canes could be in the final.

Reactions: surixon

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thorburn and Stuart were pretty tough too, how many Cups did we win with them again? :sarcasm: We miss Buff but Buff was a beast that could also play hockey very well, those guys don't come around very often.
I thought Thor had his moments. Remember GST?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Brad Marchand is a pretty freakin amazing player. Like Wheeler he peaked late. Dude is 33 going on 25.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Brad Marchand is a pretty freakin amazing player. Like Wheeler he peaked late. Dude is 33 going on 25.
And that's not what you would expect from a small shit disturber. They usually don't age well.
Guys like Wheeler who spent years in college tend to last into their 30s more often than others do.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
And that's not what you would expect from a small shit disturber. They usually don't age well.
Guys like Wheeler who spent years in college tend to last into their 30s more often than others do.

Marchand is an excellent player first and a pest second.

Binnington is dragging the Blues to a close game right now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea it’s crazy. I know he plays with Bergy and Pasta but in his own right he is a very dominant player. Very intense puck hound with great skill.

That series is intense. Watching how Boston moves the puck in all three areas of the ice is beautiful. Really efficient break outs under pressure, fast puck movement in the neutral zone, and decisive entry choices whether that is controlled entry or dump snd chase. They are a very cohesive team in all facets of the game. There puck movement is so clean and sharp. They need to be good because Washington is playing very fast and intense and equally well structured. Very good game to watch last night.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Long way from Brandon...

ESPN will hire Leah Hextall as one of its regular NHL play-by-play voices, a source confirmed to The Athletic, making her the first woman to hold that role as part of a national TV broadcast. While the exact number of games she will broadcast is not yet known, she will be the first woman play-by-player to be a regular part of national NHL TV package.

And probably no more Ray on the TSN games...

ESPN plans to add Ray Ferraro and Brian Boucher as NHL analysts, sources confirmed to The Athletic.
Under the deals, Ferraro will work as a game analyst during the regular season and contribute to ESPN's Stanley Cup coverage. Boucher will leave NBC to join ESPN.

Reactions: surixon

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Budweiser has upped the stakes in the NHL playoffs, promising a round of beer and a massive goal light going to the city of the Canadian team that wins the north division.

The beer company has promised to deliver a 24-foot goal light to the winning city. Fans in the winning city that are of drinking age will also be able to register online for a $5 pre-paid voucher for beer (for a limited time, while supplies last)

Reactions: mondo3

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Budweiser has upped the stakes in the NHL playoffs, promising a round of beer and a massive goal light going to the city of the Canadian team that wins the north division.

The beer company has promised to deliver a 24-foot goal light to the winning city. Fans in the winning city that are of drinking age will also be able to register online for a $5 pre-paid voucher for beer (for a limited time, while supplies last)
I'd like to see the golden boy holding the goal light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad