Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He's got a lot of secondary assists this year. He has been just OK in the games I've seen. I think he might be a passable second line center if he can round out his game.
Just okay and an acceptable 2c are very different

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It almost seems like Liane panics every time he has the puck in the neutral zone.

Laine is a lethal scoring threat when he is on his game but far too often he is lumbering and tends to over handle the puck and get dispossessed. I thought this might be the season his game got to the next level but so far he is the same player but at least he’s riding a heater.

Last edited:

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Everyone at the management level tanks when given the chance to land a player like Matthews. It's been going on since the NHL had a draft.

This news is like saying rain is wet.

Seems like acceptance on your part, and yes I know it’s the way it is. Cheating should be acknowledged and penalized. I know you don’t represent that side of the line no matter how unimportant it seems. As a Jets fan I’m happy if TSN, CBC, Sportsnet...etc put the boots to the Leaf organization publicly in this case.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
He loses the puck in situations where it has no business being lost either trying to make a play that he doesn't have the hands to pull off or going for an optimistic pass.That was the most infuriating thing about him when he was with the Jets and it is continuing with the CBJ. He smothers so much of his own offense.

Guy needs to learn how to just shoot. His shot is hard enough to where the goalies have trouble handling it, even when they see it coming.

If he shot more, I think he'd get more flukey goals and assists from rebounds. Right now though, he's not even giving himself the chance.

Reactions: JetsFan815

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Vintage Spezza on that goal. I haven't seen him pull that move in year.

Imagine that dress a fourth line where the center is pacing over .5 ppg.

Reactions: None

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Leafs up 3-0 over Edmonton - great. If they can hang on, and the Jets win tonight, we're only 1 point behind them for 2nd place, with 2 games in hand. Not to bad at all. :thumbu:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Oilers run was not going to last. They are due to come a little back down to earth. Let the Mapleleaf fans get high as a kite. Pretty soon they’re going to think they are invincible.
All it takes for oilers to win are lotsa penalties. Meeting them in playoffs could be dangerous if the refs decide to be whistle happy.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Oilers run was not going to last. They are due to come a little back down to earth. Let the Mapleleaf fans get high as a kite. Pretty soon they’re going to think they are invincible.

Oilers are a good team though -- it's just their Goaltending. The Leafs had only around 15 shots on net into the 2nd period, and the Oilers gave up 3 goals. If their goaltending was solid, they'd be a real contender.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Now I understand why we have a 9pm start tonight -- it's because the Leafs game vs the Oilers end around 9 pm Central. That game and the Jets-- Habs game, will be the most watched, and they want as much TV advertising revenue as possible, so they have to "split" game times. Makes cents $$$

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
With each passing day I like the trade more and more. PLD helps you win. Laine creates drama and the loses pile up along the way.

Very much so Bogo -- this is 100 % correct. We don't need all the drama, and distraction that Laine brings, and he's no better than PLD, and Dubois brings a more physical game that the Jets need.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
With each passing day I like the trade more and more. PLD helps you win. Laine creates drama and the loses pile up along the way.

The trade works well with our roster
I wish Laine the very best.
Is it really that difficult?
Lots of folks here are pretty petty about this whole situation.
I’m surprised about this response.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Very much so Bogo -- this is 100 % correct. We don't need all the drama, and distraction that Laine brings, and he's no better than PLD, and Dubois brings a more physical game that the Jets need.
To be fair most of it was the "laine fans" who blamed everyone else for Laine's problems than Laine. Laine himself caused very little drama and had his flaws but was an amazing goal scorer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The trade works well with our roster
I wish Laine the very best.
Is it really that difficult?
Lots of folks here are pretty petty about this whole situation.
I’m surprised about this response.
Why? There are only 2 players who I cared about how they did once they were traded and that was Ducky and Teemu. Laine doesn’t even come close to this for me. Personally I want the trade to be as lopsided as possible in our favour.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Why? There are only 2 players who I cared about how they did once they were traded and that was Ducky and Teemu. Laine doesn’t even come close to this for me. Personally I want the trade to be as lopsided as possible in our favour.
It seems petty if you ask me.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m curious why you believe Jets fans should care how former players do once they leave? Would you make the same argument for Trouba?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding
I wish everyone who played for us well.
Laine, Kane and Trouba played hard while they were here.
The only drama was on our boards.
Kane I was happy see leave still don’t harbour any ill will.
Trouba I wasn’t happy as I felt he dissed the city but was a good player for us.
Laine was a good player and seemed to like it here.
There is a lot of posts that seem to wish schadenfreude towards Roslovic and Laine.
The PLD trade seems to be the right fit for everyone.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Seems like acceptance on your part, and yes I know it’s the way it is. Cheating should be acknowledged and penalized. I know you don’t represent that side of the line no matter how unimportant it seems. As a Jets fan I’m happy if TSN, CBC, Sportsnet...etc put the boots to the Leaf organization publicly in this case.

I agree in that it should be unacceptable and penalized, and it is if it can be proven ( see Coyotes forfeited picks ) but it has to be a clear violation of the rules. And when it comes to tanking, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it most likely is a duck and everyone sees it going on, but prove it at the time. And I don’t see the NHL punishing a current management team for what a previous one did.

and as a Jets fan it’s a well know fact that the Jets GM John Ferguson tried to throw the last game of the 1979-1980 season to get the first overall pick. He admitted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig