Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
CBJ GDT, some CBJ fans already starting to turn on Laine and some turning on Torts for holding Laine accountable. Should get colourful in CBJ very soon over the coming weeks between Laine & Torts.

I think this is 100% on Torts and I have been critical of Laine's game for years. Even if Laine isn't playing great, one of Torts' job as a coach is to protect the organization and the team from drama. And there has to be a better way to handle than then benching him in like his 4th game. But it seems whenever there is an opportunity for drama, instead of throwing water on it, Torts just throws fuel in it... he seems to love drama.

None

Feb 22, 2012
CBJ GDT, some CBJ fans already starting to turn on Laine and some turning on Torts for holding Laine accountable. Should get colourful in CBJ very soon over the coming weeks between Laine & Torts.

Not to speak for them too much but the CBJ fans elsewhere seemed more happy with Roslovic than Laine.
It might be just a vast difference in expectations though.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Once a couple of fans turn on Laine, the Finnish white knights will be out in full force. It will get real ugly real quick over there.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think this is 100% on Torts and I have been critical of Laine's game for years. Even if Laine isn't playing great, one of Torts' job as a coach is to protect the organization and the team from drama. And there has to be a better way to handle than then benching him in like his 4th game. But it seems whenever there is an opportunity for drama, instead of throwing water on it, Torts just throws fuel in it... he seems to love drama.

GDT thread most CBJ agree the goal was Laines fault, the difference of opinion lays in is Torts being too hard on Laine by benching him already. I doubt the benching was do to one goal, Laine line is constantly getting out shot in the games he's played

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Maybe Laine reinjured himself, can't believe that Torts is going to let him stew on the bench for the rest of the game, then again Torts is a different type of cat

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
GDT thread most CBJ agree the goal was Laines fault, the difference of opinion lays in is Torts being too hard on Laine by benching him already. I doubt the benching was do to one goal, Laine line is constantly getting out shot in the games he's played

I preface this by saying am not a Laine defender, I still don't think it was his fault. The LD put himself out of position by going for the body and the C was on the other side of the ice. I think the fans think it was his fault because the replay angles makes it look bad where he is staring at McGinn bat the puck in but he is covering his man high in the zone. I would not expect the winger to be that low in the zone when no switch has happened.

If anything the benching was due to all the turnovers he was causing between the blue lines trying to enter the zone. It would be shocking if benching was due to the goal.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Holy fk I had to tune in to see if Torts is actually benching Laine in his second game - after two goals in his first game...

Foligno is just awful - no positional awareness somehow... subbing him in for Laine - this is laughable

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I preface this by saying am not a Laine defender, I still don't think it was his fault. The LD put himself out of position by going for the body and the C was on the other side of the ice. I think the fans think it was his fault because the replay angles makes it look bad where he is staring at McGinn bat the puck in but he is covering his man high in the zone. I would not expect the winger to be that low in the zone when no switch has happened.

If anything the benching was due to all the turnovers he was causing between the red lines trying to enter the zone. It would be shocking if benching was due to the goal.
The challenge is that CBJ literally has no one that can drive play into the offensive zone

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Laine benched....

Rangers fans complaints getting louder and louder about Trouba

Etv9MrKVoAU-nCp

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine TOI this game is way down, he's been benched now for a good chunk of the game looks like.

Reactions: GNP

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Laine TOI this game is way down, he's been benched now for a good chunk of the game looks like.
He got benched with just over 6 minutes left in the 2nd, hasn't played a shift since. Looks like he wont see the ice again in this game.

Reactions: WiscoJet

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Roslovic highlight reel goal. It's all HAPPENING!

It was a Burmistrov esque move, I thought he was gonna Burmistrov himself after deking out two guys and end up without a shot on net but he put it in the net. Fair play to Jack- he has been my whipping boy for several months now, but that was a sweet goal.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Well Roslo played a nice game... not looking like a perimeter player to me

Laine - well... how long a drive is it from the arena to Mike Luit's house?

Reactions: The Big M and ps241

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine continually turns over the puck, and it's only a matter of time before Torts totally snaps, and really benches him.

Personally, for that reason alone, I'm glad we got rid of Laine. He's very clumsy and fumbly, when it comes to turnovers.

Reactions: RabidOne and Derfel

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Laine continually turns over the puck, and it's only a matter of time before Torts totally snaps, and really benches him.

Personally, for that reason alone, I'm glad we got rid of Laine. He's very clumsy and fumbly, when it comes to turnovers.
He did it today lol. Laine was benched for the last 25 minutes of the game.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad