OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I want everyone to know that on the thread where someone was asking when people believed the season would start I gave a specific date of around January 20....just in case I’m labeled a genius...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want everyone to know that on the thread where someone was asking when people believed the season would start I gave a specific date of around January 20....just in case I’m labeled a genius...lol

200.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
56 games? Really? The league has done 48 Before. It's why I went with that. It's more than half and enough to get enough games in against teams and then you have a full playoff format.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Over on The History of Hockey, they're discussing players whose last seasons were underwhelming . Mike Comrie was the first guy to come to mind for me. It wasn't entirely his fault, but man... his time here is depressing to think about.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Am I crazy or did the initial reports from the Isles indicate that the skate never even touched Boychuk’s eye.

Islanders' Johnny Boychuk being forced to retire after serious eye injury

"Boychuk got cut across his right eyelid by the skate of Montreal Canadiens forward Artturi Lehkonen back on March 3. The veteran defenseman had to get stitches and plastic surgery due to the incident.
Despite the severe mature of the injury, Boychuk revealed in June that his eye "seems to be almost like 100 percent." It didn't seem as though Boychuk was considering stepping away from the ice."

tenor.gif

We dont question a LTIR retirement when a team is in cap trouble.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Islanders' Johnny Boychuk being forced to retire after serious eye injury

"Boychuk got cut across his right eyelid by the skate of Montreal Canadiens forward Artturi Lehkonen back on March 3. The veteran defenseman had to get stitches and plastic surgery due to the incident.
Despite the severe mature of the injury, Boychuk revealed in June that his eye "seems to be almost like 100 percent." It didn't seem as though Boychuk was considering stepping away from the ice."
I called bullshit the moment that news hit.

It's still bullshit. It's abuse of the LTIR protocol.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait.... So is the magical rash healing your eye or causing you to lose sight? Im confused. Either way you should exploit it and say it heals covid.
Mate, listen, my boss Lou Lam...I mean Steve Steverson told me I can not answer any more questions about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad