OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
And there it is...the magical rash type of Savior for the Isles.
I wouldnt go that far. Hossa's was very obviously planned out. I feel bad for Boychuk. The damage to his eye will be extensive if he cannot play and that will also effect his quality of life. Definitely a lucky break for the Isles though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wouldnt go that far. Hossa's was very obviously planned out. I feel bad for Boychuk. The damage to his eye will be extensive if he cannot play and that will also effect his quality of life. Definitely a lucky break for the Isles though.
The thing for me is that he returned and played, during a pandemic, in a bubble...3 games. Now you want to hope players aren't f***ing idiots, but Dupuis and his story exist. But this day and age? I don't know mate. Seems fishy.

He's 37. Two years left, team is in cap trouble and trending younger and his top 4 spot is gone... Pandemic has delayed the season, it makes sense to me.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The thing for me is that he returned and played, during a pandemic, in a bubble...3 games. Now you want to hope players aren't f***ing idiots, but Dupuis and his story exist. But this day and age? I don't know mate. Seems fishy.

He's 37. Two years left, team is in cap trouble and trending younger and his top 4 spot is gone... Pandemic has delayed the season, it makes sense to me.
I didnt know he had played this summer, that does make things more interesting. I wouldnt of put it passed him or another player to lie about their health to be able to play though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I didnt know he had played this summer, that does make things more interesting. I wouldnt of put it passed him or another player to lie about their health to be able to play though.
I'm not shocked at all. When you get past the hero worship of these blokes, you see a clearer picture of it just being a business and at times, people being stupid.

Someone like Pascal Dupuis who worked hard to get to where he was, he saw it as a threat to his livelihood and would have risked everything to play. But blokes that make 5m+ per year and what not? The Hossa's? Etc, yeah I wouldn't put it past them to make up some stuff, if you notice, they also don't file retirement papers, they go on LTIR with medical proof so now their teams have this cap space they can use and suddenly the bind they're in, is sorted. It's just so convenient and the CBA, NHLPA, etc all know this and utilize it with their teams. Boychuk likely had the team talk to him about the LTIR, also waiving to be traded and he likely didn't want to at this age and the best solution was this, easy to play up his injuries. But also, he came back to play and suddenly it's so bad now that after risking his life and his family's, he now decides it? Seems awfully fishy to me mate.

How does it happen that Chicago gets that benefit? Then even the Leafs and their shady bs with Lupul and now Boychuk with the Islanders.

The funniest thing is I think with how the Hawks have dicked their players around, Seabrook could have done the same thing, but him wanting to play is like a middle finger to Bowman and the ownership for ruining the team.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'm not shocked at all. When you get past the hero worship of these blokes, you see a clearer picture of it just being a business and at times, people being stupid.

Someone like Pascal Dupuis who worked hard to get to where he was, he saw it as a threat to his livelihood and would have risked everything to play. But blokes that make 5m+ per year and what not? The Hossa's? Etc, yeah I wouldn't put it past them to make up some stuff, if you notice, they also don't file retirement papers, they go on LTIR with medical proof so now their teams have this cap space they can use and suddenly the bind they're in, is sorted. It's just so convenient and the CBA, NHLPA, etc all know this and utilize it with their teams. Boychuk likely had the team talk to him about the LTIR, also waiving to be traded and he likely didn't want to at this age and the best solution was this, easy to play up his injuries. But also, he came back to play and suddenly it's so bad now that after risking his life and his family's, he now decides it? Seems awfully fishy to me mate.

How does it happen that Chicago gets that benefit? Then even the Leafs and their shady bs with Lupul and now Boychuk with the Islanders.

The funniest thing is I think with how the Hawks have dicked their players around, Seabrook could have done the same thing, but him wanting to play is like a middle finger to Bowman and the ownership for ruining the team.
That Hossa contract was a joke the minute it was signed, everyone knew he wasnt playing it out. Same with the last year on the Kipper contract he signed with the Flames, he wasnt coming back for 1 mil. There is for sure a lot of back room talking and negotiating that happens. It would be nice if there was a set of roles and certain doctors who would have to sign off on these LTIR retirements, to make sure teams or the players themselves arent playing games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"Tyler Johnson has been diagnosed with chronic masturbation, he has been put on assignment with the finest doctors in Amsterdam to combat his illness, he will be put on LTIR effective immediately and until his doctors deem him healthy, he will not return to the Tampa Bay Lightning."

Don’t think he needs to masturbate.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Mate, I'm not a doctor.

I just pretend to be one on message boards.
Dr. HoG, office is right next to Dr. Recchi. Both outstanding medical experts in their fields.

L1tp4v8.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bless those simple minded tossers on the main board that think fraud with the LTIR doesn't occur in the NHL.

Remember when Lupul told the world he was told to stay home, then the Leafs got ahold of him, and then Lupul quickly retracted that comment and deleted traces of it?

What must it be like to be that ignornat.

Magical rash?

NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Bless those simple minded tossers on the main board that think fraud with the LTIR doesn't occur in the NHL.

Remember when Lupul told the world he was told to stay home, then the Leafs got ahold of him, and then Lupul quickly retracted that comment and deleted traces of it?

What must it be like to be that ignornat.

Magical rash?

NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

I dont know why youre laughing.

tenor.gif

Meanwhile... The NHL and NHLPA are not talking due to the former wanting to change the CBA, right after signing an new CBA. :eyeroll:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I dont know why youre laughing.

tenor.gif

Meanwhile... The NHL and NHLPA are not talking due to the former wanting to change the CBA, right after signing an new CBA. :eyeroll:
I mean I look at the times players have lied to their doctors about being concussion free or Dupuis somehow lying about his and continue to keep playing even after the doctors did know about his condition.

Or the times I convinced my doctor I was very sick just because I wanted to stay home on a Friday and didn't want to go to school and fooled my parents.

Players can play up their injuries to get that insurance pay out. People can say oh, Boychuk is a warrior, etc etc, but this isn't even about the 1m thing with Hossa, Boychuk isn't "retiring" he's LTIR'd. Which means he will get his final 2yrs of pay through insurance. Not file his paperwork and retire and forfeit that money and the bonus he'd have to pay back or whatever. Or did he file his paperwork?

I am pretty sure it's the LTIR thing.

Which again, bs. He came back and played, now figures his spot is gone in the line-up, won't get the minutes he used to get because of Pelech and Pulock and then his team's cap crunch. Way too convenient.

I am curious when Andrew Ladd's injury will come up for his LTIR.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I mean I look at the times players have lied to their doctors about being concussion free or Dupuis somehow lying about his and continue to keep playing even after the doctors did know about his condition.

Or the times I convinced my doctor I was very sick just because I wanted to stay home on a Friday and didn't want to go to school and fooled my parents.

Players can play up their injuries to get that insurance pay out. People can say oh, Boychuk is a warrior, etc etc, but this isn't even about the 1m thing with Hossa, Boychuk isn't "retiring" he's LTIR'd. Which means he will get his final 2yrs of pay through insurance. Not file his paperwork and retire and forfeit that money and the bonus he'd have to pay back or whatever. Or did he file his paperwork?

I am pretty sure it's the LTIR thing.

Which again, bs. He came back and played, now figures his spot is gone in the line-up, won't get the minutes he used to get because of Pelech and Pulock and then his team's cap crunch. Way too convenient.

I am curious when Andrew Ladd's injury will come up for his LTIR.

You lied about being sick!?!?!? You little rebel....

I totally agree. Which is why I think there needs to be an independent medical assessment for all long term/retire LTIR. Same medical team to do them all, that way the players and or the team cannot get up to any shenanigans.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone else feel like something is odd about the whole Guerin shopping Dumba thing? That seemed out of left field for me.

They will have close to 27m in cap space next year, their only big contract re-ups will be Kaprizov (assuming he has a massive first year) and Fiala. That leaves a ton of cap space to fill the rest of that roster out.

Also, it's been no secret that Dumba is on the market, for a bloke that is under 30 and a PMD, you would think a team would have made a deal for him by now.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lol, I skipped over this...but...wow.

It was about 5yrs ago, but he had a gf at the time and then the idiot tried to deny it, like we all don't know these blokes are sick f***s on the road. Athletes.
I feel quite confident Sid doesn't f*** around.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Anyone else feel like something is odd about the whole Guerin shopping Dumba thing? That seemed out of left field for me.

They will have close to 27m in cap space next year, their only big contract re-ups will be Kaprizov (assuming he has a massive first year) and Fiala. That leaves a ton of cap space to fill the rest of that roster out.

Also, it's been no secret that Dumba is on the market, for a bloke that is under 30 and a PMD, you would think a team would have made a deal for him by now.

I imagine he is just waiting for the right deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad