Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They aren't wrong

But end of the day, the owners and players need us more than we need them

So.... I dont really feel sympathy for either group

It's a entertainment business. Yes real humans are involved. But.... I can't possibly care if their gravy train derails a bit... They can all join the rest of us who've been making sacrifices all year, too.

Boy amen. They are humans just like us and don't get a pass on all of this.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Eh... Matthews and Tavares accounted for 4 of the team's 10 goals. Furthermore, Marner, Nylander, and Kapanen combined for just 2. Meanwhile, Koprisalo channelled his inner Halak behind a sound defence. I guess it begs the question: was it a case of the puck simply not going in the net, or are there serious issues holding them back?

Perhaps. There is/was also the issue of Freddy Andersen seeming to crack under pressure in elimination games, when they have the lead no less. Ovi was always pretty good in the 3 series we beat them, but it seemed like the rest of the core couldn't or wouldn't believe in themselves. Until they did.

I see it as sorta similar. But not the same. There is a lot of pressure on Marner and Matthews to succeed not only because of the city being Toronto, but that they signed massive contracts before winning anything substantial

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yes, can’t overlook Andersen being the antithesis of clutch. No coach or player can make up for the way he performs in Game 7s.

As for pressure... Every player knows that when you sign in Toronto, especially on a mega contract. I think it comes down to roster construction more than handling the fan base. The goaltenders (or goaltender) and defense are still a weak spot. Tavares and Mathews can’t do much about that.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My Kraken hat arrived today.

TGzOZwO.jpg

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Wow what a deal. JR thinks it’s a typo and really 6.375

You mean "JR" as in Jeremy Rutherford, who writes on the NHL for The Athletic; or Jim Rutherford, who would trade him for a 30-year old defensive defensemen? Regardless, that's a really good deal if he puts all together.

EDIT: Yeah, 3.675 AAV. 16, 27, and 19 goals in his first three seasons. Plus, another 14 in 49 playoff games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Funny to think DeBrusk is the best player of those three picks for the Bruins. The emergence of Carlo salvages that draft, but so many other talented players were still there.

Reactions: Gurglesons

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Aaaaand, 2021 season for sure won't start in January lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Former NHL official alleges league fired him for being whistle-blower on racism - TSN.ca

Bold move, firing a bloke that has evidence and will be showing it in court in his lawsuit. This should end well for the NHL and I wouldn't put it past the NHL either, a league that still denies CTE being a thing and takes light of concussions, horrible misconduct by head office officials that were ex-players and what not.

It's like the usual bs, they are woke for the sake of saying they're woke to the current issues, but choose to do the bare minimum or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->