Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think you are overestimating just how ready he is. It seems so many young players carve the Liga up these days and then require a significant adjustment period when they try to transition.

I am happy with his performance but don't take it to mean he is ready to come in and be able to be an everyday top 4 dmen let alone challenge any of the top 3 on the team.

He will still need some time to adjust and will likely take him a year to grow into a top 4 player.
I thought he was as good as Pionk last year and expect more growth from a guy a year older.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

For the 56 game season that might happen, sure I guess, but for the future of the league.... " I'll take NHL lockouts for $500... "

On Monday, the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association agreed to push aside their differences in economic philosophy... basically they both agreed to kick that can down the road.

As for the Jets, you might have to get used to calling them the Fargo Jets or such name, as it doesn't look like they will be playing in Winnipeg anytime soon.

Reactions: Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
130569958_3824413090942686_3481529613415795100_n.png

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For the 56 game season that might happen, sure I guess, but for the future of the league.... " I'll take NHL lockouts for $500... "

On Monday, the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association agreed to push aside their differences in economic philosophy... basically they both agreed to kick that can down the road.

As for the Jets, you might have to get used to calling them the Fargo Jets or such name, as it doesn't look like they will be playing in Winnipeg anytime soon.
The fact they can't come to a agreement over millions of dollars at this time is just disgusting if you ask me. Seriously get your heads out of your ass's and take a look at the real world right now, unreal.:shakehead

Reactions: cbcwpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The fact they can't come to a agreement over millions of dollars at this time is just disgusting if you ask me. Seriously get your heads out of your ass's and take a look at the real world right now, unreal.:shakehead

If you went to buy a car right now, would you just pay the first number asked for? Or would you still negotiate the same as normal?

Fighting over whatever pot of money that may be there doesn't say anything about either sides grasp of reality. At this point it is just negotiating. Now if either side actually takes their bat and ball and goes home, that is a different story. If we see millionaires whining and crying in public about being hard done by after it is all settled, that is a different story.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The rational makes sense if they are self testing and following strict protocols.

Other businesses are operating during COVID so no real issue with this.

O do remain a but concerned with regards to brining in other teams ut perhaps by mid January things aren't so bad here.

Things are looking a little encouraging here right now - but with a test positivity rate that is still 13%+ we can't get too optimistic yet.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If you went to buy a car right now, would you just pay the first number asked for? Or would you still negotiate the same as normal?

Fighting over whatever pot of money that may be there doesn't say anything about either sides grasp of reality. At this point it is just negotiating. Now if either side actually takes their bat and ball and goes home, that is a different story. If we see millionaires whining and crying in public about being hard done by after it is all settled, that is a different story.
In the real world you aren't buying a car because you don't want to spend that kind of money right now. ;)

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup. It has stabilized somewhat but at a fairly high level. We need to see some gradual sustained decline in the numbers over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Daily new cases has come down. Daily deaths and positivity rates have come down much less. It is that positivity rate that bothers me but I expect it will drop pretty sharply soon. :crossfing

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the real world you aren't buying a car because you don't want to spend that kind of money right now. ;)

I bought a new car in June. It was time. It was a bit of a strange process, but I negotiated like normal.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Apparently Vegas trying to move Patches. Everyone is going to request full trade protection or not sign there if they keep moving out marque players a year after signing extensions.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Apparently upwards of 2/3 of people will do just that these days.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Apparently upwards of 2/3 of people will do just that these days.
So few people pay cash for cars that they don't care what the car costs.....They just care how much per month...
When I bought my car last year and wanted to pay by certified cheque they guy looked at me like I had 2 heads :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad