Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
so has the clock finally struck midnight for Cinderella? Dallas has been living right thats playoffs but maybe they have finally come back to earth.

Tampa got Stammer back. That's a lot of firepower in a lineup now again.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tampa got Stammer back. That's a lot of firepower in a lineup now again.

Honestly Dallas has been punching above their weight class these playoffs too. I don’t really consider them to be a contender but here they are. Don’t get me wrong they can compete for sure but they seemed to have captured some magic pixie dust in the bubble.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Honestly Dallas has been punching above their weight class these playoffs too. I don’t really consider them to be a contender but here they are. Don’t get me wrong they can compete for sure but they seemed to have captured some magic pixie dust in the bubble.

They were a top 3 defensive team in the league this season. I said at the start of the season that they have the defence now. Klingberg, Heiskanen, Lindell, Sekera is a pretty solid group already. Add to that Oleksiak breaking out a bit right now with almost as many points in the playoffs as he had all season. They just needed a goalie to stay healthy or give them league average goaltending.

They won't score much but they can strangle you. Tampa just has waaay to much firepower. They can open up a game with any line at any time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They were a top 3 defensive team in the league this season. I said at the start of the season that they have the defence now. Klingberg, Heiskanen, Lindell, Sekera is a pretty solid group already. Add to that Oleksiak breaking out a bit right now with almost as many points in the playoffs as he had all season. They just needed a goalie to stay healthy or give them league average goaltending.

They won't score much but they can strangle you. Tampa just has waaay to much firepower. They can open up a game with any line at any time.

They really improved their D but their Offence slowed considerably. Benn has been good in the playoffs but injuries have caught up with him. Seguin is not the same Seguin either.

The crazy part is I looked at their team scoring totals and Benn was second on the team in scoring this past season with 39 points.......yikes.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They really improved their D but their Offence slowed considerably. Benn has been good in the playoffs but injuries have caught up with him. Seguin is not the same Seguin either.

The crazy part is I looked at their team scoring totals and Benn was second on the team in scoring this past season with 39 points.......yikes.

Seguin has not really ever been all that amazing in the poat season, 40 points in 85 games is pretty sad for a player making as much cash as he is making.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Toradol's meant to be used for a maximum of 5 days. It's well known that it can cause GI ulcers.
this is similar to the NHL opioid issue that was in the recent past. The team physicians will prescribe this crap without batting an eyelash. They're paid and treated well so they just write whatever players want

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I won 2nd in my fantasy league, with a +160% ROI, which is funny because I built my entire bracket solely on the teams I hate, I'm sure you can decipher my byzantine team picking method based on my current saline level regarding the Jets play-in round, lol :P
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 21.16.02.png

None

Feb 22, 2012
Hearing Blues might be buying out Steen out to? Doesn't free up much.

Last I saw on Steen was the media saying he wasn't getting bought out because they felt he was important to the identity of the team.

:dunno:

Reactions: Daximus

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Bobby Ryan is getting bought out, first domino falls.
on the FAN590, the hockeyheads are talking about how great of a pick-up it would be to get Ryan.
i don't get it.
why not take a flyer on a prospect that has a higher ceiling and a lower salary?
like, did Spezza do THAT much for the Leafs this year?
truth be told, did Corey Perry, who was 12th on the stars in points, only 1 point about Faska, do that much?

Reactions: Duke749 and surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->