Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Florida loses to the Blues. Reimer let in some trash goals,

I predicted that this would happen. lol

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If we had the second best player in the league we'd have to pay that kind of money too. These guys are good fits for us and have nice future upside, but they are not Mattews.

Point being, salaries are going up for RFAs and Tuch would be asking for over 6 million if he was bridged on a 1 or 2 year deal.

I can't believe people actually complained they locked him up under 5m.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Don't know that will help their chances

GEightno.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Murray's just trying to save his own skin at this point.

I think it's Murray trying to get his look at who exactly needs to go and continuing the tank to get a much needed high profile player while not having Eakins thrown into the mess and continuing to work with Anaheim's young players. Giving Eakins a better situation for success.

You can't trust an interim coach to not try to do whatever they can to remain a coach at the top level.

He knew Carlyle was awful but wanted to get through the season without it being too awful but it got so bad he needed to do something but he doesn't want to deviate from the plan going forward.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I agree. I'm not super into what's going on in Anaheim, and I'm not a Ducks fan so I don't have to watch it hoping for the future, but it seems like a stupid decision to burn an interim/Eakins when it's obvious some moves have to be made. Thus, they get Murray.

Why that's better than just keeping Carlyle knowing the season is lost, I don't know.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I agree. I'm not super into what's going on in Anaheim, and I'm not a Ducks fan so I don't have to watch it hoping for the future, but it seems like a stupid decision to burn an interim/Eakins when it's obvious some moves have to be made. Thus, they get Murray.

Why that's better than just keeping Carlyle knowing the season is lost, I don't know.
I think it’s simply an optics thing “hey look we fired the coa... we are trying guys”

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think it’s simply an optics thing “hey look we fired the coa... we are trying guys”
That's all it ever was, that's kind of the point. It makes no sense.

With respect to our FireCarlyle compatriots, this season was toast as soon as it hit the shit. Firing the coach just made the GM come out of his office to coach, and the unjustified (IMO) firestorm might even cost him his position. The team was old. In the past, that team did very well for what it was, which was an old school, physical ass team. However, It's still old. Things had to change, you weren't winning the cup this season, and the fact that the Pacific is so unbalanced made it seem like they were being left behind, bit had a chance to extend the glory. However, no coach firing is going to change the team and make a realistic playoff run a possibility, so why fire the coach? I get that there's politics and hiring him in the first place is the real issue, but no move made this year was going to make the team better for the long run, even with a "better" coach that you'd have rather hired.

Hiring Boudreau was admitting they knew what they were and were trying to extend, the fans just weren't onboard and when the shit hit the fan, it turned into shit. They'll fire Murray and he'll make a team somewhere because he's a good GM that just ran out of time because he didn't buy into the tank enough, publicly enough.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That's all it ever was, that's kind of the point. It makes no sense.

With respect to our FireCarlyle compatriots, this season was toast as soon as it hit the ****. Firing the coach just made the GM come out of his office to coach, and the unjustified (IMO) firestorm might even cost him his position. The team was old. In the past, that team did very well for what it was, which was an old school, physical ass team. However, It's still old. Things had to change, you weren't winning the cup this season, and the fact that the Pacific is so unbalanced made it seem like they were being left behind, bit had a chance to extend the glory. However, no coach firing is going to change the team and make a realistic playoff run a possibility, so why fire the coach? I get that there's politics and hiring him in the first place is the real issue, but no move made this year was going to make the team better for the long run, even with a "better" coach that you'd have rather hired.

Hiring Boudreau was admitting they knew what they were and were trying to extend, the fans just weren't onboard and when the **** hit the fan, it turned into ****. They'll fire Murray and he'll make a team somewhere because he's a good GM that just ran out of time because he didn't buy into the tank enough, publicly enough.

Murray has also been pretty limited with Anaheim as a team that can't spend as much as those around them.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Remember Dylan Ferguson made his NHL debut in relief on emergency recall from junior?

Tonight, Mike DiPietro, 19, on emergency recall from junior, made his NHL debut and first start for the Vancouver Canucks as the planned starter has lower body stiffness.

(Not doing so hot; gave up 3 goals, on five shots, in less than 9 minutes)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad