News Article: Around the NHL

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Saw the players pulling in this morning to CNA as we were leaving. Looks like they were coming in for tests because they were leaving within a few minutes. Flower stopped to say Hi when he saw my goalie gear.

The Lobby area in front of rink A is curtained off with training equipment inside. Getting ready to bubble half the arena. Our Sunday morning skate is moving to Lifeguard arena for a few weeks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Corey Crawford announces his retirement, and I hope everything is well for him and his family.

NJD have the cap space if MAF is still intent on getting traded. If it happens it might look something like Zajac + a goalie for MAF and a forward.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Our GM's get clowned for being too active but you have to take a run at PLD at this point. We can fit him if Tuch or higher cap is involved, which it will need to be. His next contract is due at a good time for us to give him a raise.

Tuch, Glass, 1st, 2nd, Dugan. Some combo of those pieces. Those are players that could fit on a Tortorella team, are big bodies, young, forwards that can play D, Tortorella can mold to play his style and most likely to stay in Columbus long term.

PLD, Wild Bill, Stephenson, Roy, Nosek, Brown. Great center depth and young.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Our GM's get clowned for being too active but you have to take a run at PLD at this point. We can fit him if Tuch or higher cap is involved, which it will need to be. His next contract is due at a good time for us to give him a raise.

Tuch, Glass, 1st, 2nd, Dugan. Some combo of those pieces. Those are players that could fit on a Tortorella team, are big bodies, young, forwards that can play D, Tortorella can mold to play his style and most likely to stay in Columbus long term.

Why would they trade PLD for Tuch? And I'm not a fan of continuously betting our draft picks on Noir.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Why would they trade PLD for Tuch? And I'm not a fan of continuously betting our draft picks on Noir.

Why wouldn't they want Tuch? Tuch, Glass and a pick has a high probability to get it done as long as Montreal refuses to include Suzuki. With the Pacioretty rumors he is an option.

They have plenty of forwards that can shift to the left to accommodate Tuch in their top six and make them very deep. He can play all situations they'd need him to and is a big body that can play Torts style if he buys in. And he has to stay there six seasons unless they want him gone.

Glass can fit with Bjorkstrand, Texier and Foudy as young players they are looking to develop into their top centers. Texier and Bjorkstrand have apparently been tried there and Glass is natural in the position and again, likely stays there five seasons plus unless they want him gone. They have veteran forwards to help them further in their development. They can use the extra pick to add to a package to upgrade somewhere if the need arose.

And us giving up a high pick in 2021 is not as big a deal for us. This draft was already not hyped like others have been and now all the prospects have seen their development halt for months, maybe longer, because of the world's situation. And scouts can't get a good look at them. There already isn't much difference between drafting 25 and 60 based on your odds of getting an NHLer, throw those factors in and it's even less.

We have our 1st, NJ likely early 2nd and our own 2nd to deal with. Vegas is a premier destination for UFAs and college FAs so we could look to those pools for more players to add, and we have young forwards and defense who will be fighting for spots in the near future as it is along with a pro scouting team that seems good at finding solid depth acquisitions for cheap trades.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Oh god and baby Jesus no.

Even just for 1 1/2 years of Barkov they should consider making a big pitch but not for a sulking 70-ish point 22yo that may or may not be a top 12C some day.

And Tuch is the last forward they should trade.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Oh god and baby Jesus no.

Even just for 1 1/2 years of Barkov they should consider making a big pitch but not for a sulking 70-ish point 22yo that may or may not be a top 12C some day.

And Tuch is the last forward they should trade.

I don't think Tuch is untouchable for them. At any rate, Seravalli lists Vegas as a team that is not interested or doesn't have the assets or something else stopping them from completing the deal.

With Winnipeg listed as a possibility because they've apparently kept Laine and Roslovic to include in a package specifically for Dubois, I could see us being out if it's that high price.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00