News Article: Around the NHL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't think Tuch is untouchable for them. At any rate, Seravalli lists Vegas as a team that is not interested or doesn't have the assets or something else stopping them from completing the deal.

With Winnipeg listed as a possibility because they've apparently kept Laine and Roslovic to include in a package specifically for Dubois, I could see us being out if it's that high price.

Laine + Roslovic for PLD + makes so much sense.

Tuch was their best forward in the bubble, he's going to get better and he's locked up under 5m until he's 30. This kid is the next Blake Wheeler. Even if you're not that high on him, he's on a steal of a contract for much longer term than Marchessault and Pacioretty.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Laine + Roslovic for PLD + makes so much sense.

Tuch was their best forward in the bubble, he's going to get better and he's locked up under 5m until he's 30. This kid is the next Blake Wheeler. Even if you're not that high on him, he's on a steal of a contract for much longer term than Marchessault and Pacioretty.

I'm actually high on Tuch but young 1C's cost and I knew Vegas would have to give something up that hurts.

Although saying that I have kept hearing the Scheifele comparisons with Glass that haven't materialized yet, even getting sent down now in favor of Kolesar. (Texier is doing well right now also, to add another punch to us. At center no less.)

With the fact I never wanted to trade Suzuki, even at the time, so seeing him grab a point seemingly every game while making solid defensive plays frequently has made my patience a little more strained on that front.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm actually high on Tuch but young 1C's cost and I knew Vegas would have to give something up that hurts.

Although saying that I have kept hearing the Scheifele comparisons with Glass that haven't materialized yet, even getting sent down now in favor of Kolesar. (Texier is doing well right now also, to add another punch to us. At center no less.)

With the fact I never wanted to trade Suzuki, even at the time, so seeing him grab a point seemingly every game while making solid defensive plays frequently has made my patience a little more strained on that front.

There's still time but I don't ever see Glass becoming Scheifele now but he looks exactly like Giroux to me. Or a young Backstrom.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Laine + Roslovic for PLD + 3rd.

The hell are Winnipeg doing? Oh well, when this covid is over, the Western Conference will be weaker thanks to that deal.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sharks are officially exiled for their first two home games.

(AHL Barracuda aren't scheduled to play "at home" until late February per AHL schedule)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-23_23-15-59.png

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

New procedures include removal of glass behind benches, air purifier on benches. Expanded locker room space to have 6' between stalls. And arrivals before game not more than one hour, 45 minutes for all. All game day meetings virtual.

Changes

Razor Face

Feb 17, 2020
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I just wanted to say, I listened to Mark Stone on Spittin Chiclets yesterday, and wow what a guy. Listening to him talking about getting the C in Vegas and how emotional it made him. Just a solid guy, solid leader, you guys could not have picked a better Captain.

- Sad Sens fan

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not NHL, but sad to hear that Timur Faizutdinov has died after taking a puck to the head. Tragic end to what looked like a routine clear/dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad