Sin City
Some calendar dates to note:

Looking at some upcoming related dates.

7/17: Protected lists submitted
7/18: Seattle can start negotiating with UFAs
7/21: Seattle expansion draft results announced
7/23-4: Entry draft
7/28: Free agency begins

There's usually a trade freeze (excluding deals with Seattle) around expansion draft too.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Kurtis Gabriel and Coach Boughner were both fined after Gabriel crosschecked MacDermid in the back in warmups Monday Night. The team got a conditional $25K fine that won't be payable unless there is a repeat incident over the next calendar year.

His name doesn't register for me prior to this season, and his sheer dirtiness when we've faced him has prompted me to look him up. It looks like he's spent the majority of his professional time in the AHL before this year (he's 27). If anyone is familiar with him, was he always this dirty or is he trying to make a name for himself and stay at NHL level? Or did he just quickly learn the San Jose Way?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Montreal traded for Staal at 50%. I can see them flipping him or Danault to Vegas to help the C situation.

I think they're keeping Staal because Suzuki is putrid at faceoffs and I think they need center help.

Danault hasn't looked good this season but is interesting. He doesn't have a lot of offense from what I've seen of them. Wouldn't we have to clear millions in space? Pietrangelo won't be out the whole regular season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think they're keeping Staal because Suzuki is putrid at faceoffs and I think they need center help.

Danault hasn't looked good this season but is interesting. He doesn't have a lot of offense from what I've seen of them. Wouldn't we have to clear millions in space? Pietrangelo won't be out the whole regular season.

Not much if they retain 50% in his final year.

But IMO it's the time to strike on Eichel.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not much if they retain 50% in his final year.

But IMO it's the time to strike on Eichel.

But which four first round assets are we giving up? They almost certainly would demand hometown boy Tuch and Glass/Krebs be included and we'd also need more salary going back.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
But which four first round assets are we giving up? They almost certainly would demand hometown boy Tuch and Glass/Krebs be included and we'd also need more salary going back.

Tuch & Theodore should be off the table. Anyone else is fair game. One of Glass/Krebs, 2 1sts & pick any prospect they want in the system. Problem is we need to send salary back & they're not going to want Marchy or Smith.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Low first round picks and veterans on $5m+ contracts are not assets that get younger first line centers. Eichel ain't coming to Vegas through a trade any time soon.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Not if Eichel is out for the regular season.

And I wouldn't think twice about moving Tuch & Glass.

Low first round picks and veterans on $5m+ contracts are not assets that get younger first line centers. Eichel ain't coming to Vegas through a trade any time soon.

And which team gets him? You think there's a lineup of other teams willing to part with several bluechips to get a 10m center?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not if Eichel is out for the regular season.

And I wouldn't think twice about moving Tuch & Glass.

And which team gets him? You think there's a lineup of other teams willing to part with several bluechips to get a 10m center?

In summer yes there will be other suitors if Buffalo decides to deal him. I doubt they will, no matter what you get back you can't match what an elite center COULD do for a team.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wow, just wow. A second round pick and waivers before his two years are up. No one will pick him up.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
His contract is up this season, so there could be a team willing to take a chance on him.

Imagine if Yzerman claims him. :laugh:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Hard to see how the entire team isn't on the protocols list since it includes potential exposure. Kind of points to an unfair advantage that VGK just happen to be in a jurisdiction that anyone can get the vaccine and sounds like everyone got a dose. I'd say NHL needs to find a way to make sure everyone gets at least a dose if not both before the playoffs.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Vancouver up to 18 players (including taxi squad) plus coaches.

Schmidt not on list.

I'm guessing they're not playing for at least two weeks.

Hearing some guys have really bad symptoms.

Brazilian variant.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Vancouver up to 18 players (including taxi squad) plus coaches.

Schmidt not on list.

I'm guessing they're not playing for at least two weeks.

Hearing some guys have really bad symptoms.

Brazilian variant.

Their AHL team is also up to 10 cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad