Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
So LA traded Nate Thompson to move up about 10 spots, give or take, late in the draft? Seems kinda pointless.
Shredding salary and rebuilding, along with the Muzzin trade. They're not done. Guys like Carter are saying this might be their last season, last season with the kings or last season on a different team?

Phaneuf is on pace for roughly 5 points.

Kovalchuk is in decline.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Isn't a full NTC and has been traded twice with it. He's still a good 2 way player when healthy.

2-way would imply some level of offensive ability. I'd call him more of a good defensive player at this point.

Bergevin loves shaking up his 4th line though (going back to that deadline where he added Martinsen/King/ect. I'm not sure a guy like Thompson moves the needle for them, but at that price it's worth a shot.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
2-way would imply some level of offensive ability. I'd call him more of a good defensive player at this point.

Bergevin loves shaking up his 4th line though (going back to that deadline where he added Martinsen/King/ect. I'm not sure a guy like Thompson moves the needle for them, but at that price it's worth a shot.
Thompson - Weise - Deslauriers 4th line is almost as bad as Pyatt-Dumont-Thompson.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ummmmm 67s goalie Mike DiPietro is starting for the Canucks tonight, for some reason

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Sharks win again and are now 1st in the West and 2nd in the NHL.

No reports of their locker room being broken.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Sharks win again and are now 1st in the West and 2nd in the NHL.

No reports of their locker room being broken.

That's because Karlsson is injured and not in the locker room ;)

In all seriousness, this is truly a Cup or bust year for San Jose, especially if Karlsson has told them he won't talk contract until after the season as is now being reported.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That's because Karlsson is injured and not in the locker room ;)

In all seriousness, this is truly a Cup or bust year for San Jose, especially if Karlsson has told them he won't talk contract until after the season as is now being reported.
Karlsson is still waiting for Eugene to sell.

Hopefully the Lebreton settlement sees Melnyk ride off into the sunset and EK can come back to his forever home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad