Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I just don't think its suspension worthy is all.

The hit was very late and he got called. I just don't see why this has to be more than that.

So... By definition then, you don't think late hits are worthy of suspensions?

For the record, I'm not attacking you or anything, here. Just looking for clarification on your stance here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So... By definition then, you don't think late hits are worthy of suspensions?

For the record, I'm not attacking you or anything, here. Just looking for clarification on your stance here.

Hits that are predatory in nature should be suspended. The timing of the hit certainly is a factor to consider when determining if a hit was over the line but it isn't the only one.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Excuse me?!

What a joke, what’s the justification for VGK to be exempt :facepalm:.

Just going off what people posted above it would seem to be because they also don't get a share of the pay-outs to the other teams from the expansion fee. Not that I personally think that justifies it, but at this point they've already had so many perks it's almost hard to get upset.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Just going off what people posted above it would seem to be because they also don't get a share of the pay-outs to the other teams from the expansion fee. Not that I personally think that justifies it, but at this point they've already had so many perks it's almost hard to get upset.
Meh half a billion buys alot ....

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Vegas paid 500 million to get a team. Of course they are going to be exempt from the expansion draft for Seattle.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They paid for a near-guaranteed winner right off the bat, so they can cultivate a fanbase before the Raiders move in. Bettman isn't going to let another Phoenix/Arizona happen. Not in a new market, anyways.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
They paid for a near-guaranteed winner right off the bat, so they can cultivate a fanbase before the Raiders move in. Bettman isn't going to let another Phoenix/Arizona happen. Not in a new market, anyways.

Can we stop with this? No one thought they had a chance at the beginning of the year. All they did was "buy" a more competitive team than past expansion teams (which isn't a bad thing, imo).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Is it just me or did that one guitar player look a bit like Jared Cowan.

Earlier today I was on YouTube and watched the clip of Cowen being drafted. Pierre Maguire claimed with Karlsson, Weircoch and Cowen, Ottawa would have a great blueline. One out of three ain’t bad I guess.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Man this Vegas shit is just plain wrong. Good on the players but the fans don’t deserve it at all. People have lived and died and never seen their teams win the cup. And everyone knows they’re going to win it. You have to earn it.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
LOL these refs. Good job gifting Washington a goal when the play was going the other way and you call the net off.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
LOL these refs. Good job gifting Washington a goal when the play was going the other way and you call the net off.

I didn’t see who knocked the net off but if Vegas knocked it off then it’s the right call. If the Caps knocked it off it’s the wrong call.

Faceoff came back into the zone so I’m assuming Vegas, so right call was made.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Hopefully Kuznetsov is okay but that didn't look good. Lars eller has been great in these playoffs and they have a semi healthy Backstrom back so it's not over but Ovie is going to have to be magical for the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad