Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This is speculation, but I think Washington winning the cup helps the Sens in future Karlsson trade discussions.

Not sure if Vegas would be all that interested in trading the farm away for a big fish like EK if they win the cup, but if they finish oh so close, GMGM might want to make a splash to try to make sure they aren't a one-year-wonder.

Definitely want as many bidders as possible to make sure we get compensated well for trading away the best player our franchise has ever had (and probably will ever have).

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
This is speculation, but I think Washington winning the cup helps the Sens in future Karlsson trade discussions.

Not sure if Vegas would be all that interested in trading the farm away for a big fish like EK if they win the cup, but if they finish oh so close, GMGM might want to make a splash to try to make sure they aren't a one-year-wonder.

Definitely want as many bidders as possible to make sure we get compensated well for trading away the best player our franchise has ever had (and probably will ever have).

All this post has done is make me depressed because it reminded me that we are trading Karlsson because our owner is too cheap and poor to pay him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Since when is trading Karlsson a foregone conclusion?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Feel a bit bad for Vegas right now not gonna lie...

But then again, everyone projected a bottom 5 finish.

I don't feel bad for them in the slightest. Cinderella runs are great, but the expectation is always to come short but enjoy the ride while it lasts. They've had a heck of a ride and lots of fun along the way.

Happy for Washington fans, they've gone through a lot of disappointment over the years.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Crazy, right? Worst team in hockey is expected to sell off their best player and best goal scorer. That's how to improve immediately, right?

Dredger just said he thinks Karlsson will not get traded. Why is he expected to be traded all of a sudden.

Step away from the ledge and take a deep breath, it's going to be ok.

Besides if Hoffman was Russian everybody would want him out of here ASAP.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Dredger just said he thinks Karlsson will not get traded. Why is he expected to be traded all of a sudden.

TSN just listed Karlsson as the #1 on their trade bait list and Karlsson was nearly traded to Vegas at the deadline. What do you mean all of a sudden? This has been ongoing for months and it's only got worse with Melnyk poo pooping the idea of players making more than 10M per season his town halls.

We just gotta hope the team is sold soon so we can keep Karlsson. There's no chance Karlsson stays while he's owner.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Does Dreger mean he doesn’t expect Karlsson to be traded at the draft or not traded at all?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If the Caps win the cup, Beagle will apparently be the first player to win an ECHL, AHL and NHL title. Karl Alzner made the point in an interview so I'm not 100% confident that it's correct but even if not, it's a pretty impressive feat (especially given that he's done it all with one organization).

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
If the Caps win the cup, Beagle will apparently be the first player to win an ECHL, AHL and NHL title. Karl Alzner made the point in an interview so I'm not 100% confident that it's correct but even if not, it's a pretty impressive feat (especially given that he's done it all with one organization).
now that's actually impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad