NHL Around the NHL XXI - UPDATE 7/1 - Toronto and Edmonton chosen as hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
p.s. You and I sound like crazy people. But it might be the best thing on the IntraWebs. It's so 'charming'. - and then makes you question your life. Just makes me laugh.
I'd rather be crazy and happy than many of the alternatives these days.

*Passes the cookies and milk*

Cheers!

glass of milk-600x600.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
the more I think about this the more it's just a cash grab for the league/advertisers. The Bruins have 14 regulation loses in 70 games, yet have to play in a "tournament" to win back their rightful position, on neutral ice, for the right to play a possible 5 game series, on possible Toronto home ice. It's not inconceivable that this team could play a grand total of 2 play-off games after their fantastic season,

It's utter garbage.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Well if our craptastic ice prevented us from being a hub maybe that will finally get them to fix the issue. Its so embarrassing.

Man, I can't even imagine 12 teams constantly chipping away at that ice in July/August.

If this latest embarrassment doesn’t motivate Chuckie ‘ThanksDad‘ Jacobs to fix up the barn, nothing will.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
For those who do not like the round robin play, what would you prefer instead?
I just think the teams that were in at the time of the stoppage should get in and tough luck to the bubble teams.

Obviously sucks for them, but to have to cater to everyone with everything that’s been going on has been tedious IMO.

Montreal for example has 71 points In 71 games. Both New Jersey and Buffalo are directly behind them with 68 points with two games in hand. It’s just a bogus attempt to get suck bag teams in big markets into the mix Montreal and Chicago being the most apparent.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I would much prefer the playoff format used every other year. Sorry to the teams on the bubble, but sometimes acts of God and forces of nature tie mans’ hands.

The NHL is blatantly trying to recoup all its lost revenue from the “pause.” I have little to no sympathy for billionaires who not only don’t care at all for me - but seem to hold my fellow fans and I in contempt.

Classic NHL - trying to fix what isn’t broken.

Reactions: Estlin and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

The reasonable thing would be to have a few exhibition games with the teams that didn't make the playoffs. Bruins/Lightning/Caps/Flyers play a game a piece against the Sabres/Sens/Devils/Wings to get back in shape and so that those other teams' seasons don't just abruptly end and they can get some closure. No change to the seedings, purely exhibition.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The reasonable thing would be to have a few exhibition games with the teams that didn't make the playoffs. Bruins/Lightning/Caps/Flyers play a game a piece against the Sabres/Sens/Devils/Wings to get back in shape and so that those other teams' seasons don't just abruptly end and they can get some closure. No change to the seedings, purely exhibition.

Teams are supposed to get 2 exhibition games, so they won't have to just jump right into the play-in/round robin.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
3 exhibition games

Who would they play against? Would this really have them prepared to play a team that just battled for a playoff spot in games that "counted"?

Do you think there's much value is pulling teams together for the purpose of playing exhibition games? Are the guys on Detroit getting called in from all over the world really excited to help the Bruins/Lightning/etc "practice". I'm not convinced the Bruins would be prepared after playing 3 or 4 teams with nothing to play for (like literally nothing).

...and to be clear, I respect everyone's opinion. I'm not surprised we are all over the place on this given the unique situation.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not have the games mean a damn thing for seeding. The top 4 in each conference already gets a bye, and with them moving games to hubs, the home/away split doesn't matter outside of last change. That's already a big advantage.

I get some teams get screwed in terms of potential final standings because the season didn't finish, IE STL/COL and WSH/PHI, but for f***s sake, the Bruins weren't losing their seed.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad