NHL Around the NHL XXI - UPDATE 7/1 - Toronto and Edmonton chosen as hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The reasonable thing would be to have a few exhibition games with the teams that didn't make the playoffs. Bruins/Lightning/Caps/Flyers play a game a piece against the Sabres/Sens/Devils/Wings to get back in shape and so that those other teams' seasons don't just abruptly end and they can get some closure. No change to the seedings, purely exhibition.

Also the players from those eliminated teams would get game checks. So They'd get screwed out of less money.

Reactions: McGarnagle

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Who would they play against? Would this really have them prepared to play a team that just battled for a playoff spot in games that "counted"?

Do you think there's much value is pulling teams together for the purpose of playing exhibition games? Are the guys on Detroit getting called in from all over the world really excited to help the Bruins/Lightning/etc "practice". I'm not convinced the Bruins would be prepared after playing 3 or 4 teams with nothing to play for (like literally nothing).

...and to be clear, I respect everyone's opinion. I'm not surprised we are all over the place on this given the unique situation.

The top 4 would play exhibition games vs each other...to get lose and get timing and all that.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
"Listen, I'm fed up with the losing and I'm frustrated. It's not an easy pill to swallow right now," Eichel said on a conference call Thursday

Eichel: 'I'm fed up with the losing and I'm frustrated'

If there is a possibility that Eichel demands a trade, is there a realistic chance that he becomes a Bruin?

He should have signed a deal that was four years then. I'm tired of listening to this whiners taking max years and big time money then crying about losing when their teams have sucked forever.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
"Listen, I'm fed up with the losing and I'm frustrated. It's not an easy pill to swallow right now," Eichel said on a conference call Thursday

If there is a possibility that Eichel demands a trade, is there a realistic chance that he becomes a Bruin?

giphy.gif

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Somebody call a waaaaaaaaaambulance for this guy. He's suffering from a terminal case of whining.

Funny he wasn't fed up enough to turn down that big contract they offered him though was he? :eyeroll:

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The Sabres are in such bad shape. The certainly have some talent in the organization, but they've totally pissed away 5 Years of Eichel's career with literally nothing to show for it.

This offseason is going to be crazy for them too. Literally more than half of their organization needs new contracts.

They also gave Jeff Skinner one of the worst contracts in the NHL. He will be 36 when his deal is up. Its just bad management year after year. Absolutely no way Eichel finishes his contract there. They won't solve it in one offseason.

They are a top 3 worst run organization in this league

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Eichel to the Bruins...?

I’m not opposed to the idea, but I can’t see a scenario where the Sabres allow him to come here of all places. If they move him, I’m sure it would be to a Western Conference contender he might want to re-sign with.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Eichel to the Bruins...?

I’m not opposed to the idea, but I can’t see a scenario where the Sabres allow him to come here of all places. If they move him, I’m sure it would be to a Western Conference contender he might want to re-sign with.

What if Eichel demands a trade only to the Bruins?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If Eichel wanted to go only to Boston, then not as much as you think.

"If" being the important word there. If he just wanted to be traded to a contender the price would be much higher as the Bruins would be one of a few teams instead of just the one team.

Is there any basis for thinking he wants to come to Boston? :dunno:

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Somebody call a waaaaaaaaaambulance for this guy. He's suffering from a terminal case of whining.

Funny he wasn't fed up enough to turn down that big contract they offered him though was he? :eyeroll:
I don't see it that way at all. He's not blaming it on anyone or saying he's unhappy with the organization. He's sick of losing and wants to win. I want my guys to have that attitude. Much better that he voices this frustration than being a guy who doesn't care at all.

Eichel would be the perfect Krejci replacement and eventual heir to Bergy's throne. Guy is a hell of a player and exactly what the Bruins need up the middle within the next couple years. It would also take a lot of pressure off Studnicka.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know what this all means for free agency? Obviously the playoffs won't be happening until after July 1st. What does that mean for a UFA like Krug? did everyone's contract get frozen during the stoppage in play or something?

armydoc19

Sep 5, 2008
forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know what this all means for free agency? Obviously the playoffs won't be happening until after July 1st. What does that mean for a UFA like Krug? did everyone's contract get frozen during the stoppage in play or something?
Hmm, great question.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Why can't the top 4 seeds be the top 4 seeds???

What is the f***ing point of the regular season (even if cut short)?

I've said it before, but the regular season DOES count if there are ties in the round-robin. It would take some serious pants pooping on the part of the Bruins for them to be in 4th place after the 3 games.

With respect to actual position, remember this: all 4 teams in the round-robin automatically get last change (formerly "home ice") for the first round. And, beyond that, I honestly don't think the seeding matters. No team is going to be the same. I think teams could have easily improved or imploded during this extended break, so the lower seeds may be better than the higher seeds. Honestly, I would be hard-pressed to pick any one team that I'm afraid of, or any one team that I'm not afraid of. (Except for the Habs, because f*** 'em.)

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad