NHL Around the NHL XIII - Penguins acquire Jason Zucker from Wild for Galchenyuk, Addison, pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Zucker has been linked as Pitts #1 target for a while now. Rutherford normally gets his guy.

amazing how easy it is for Rutherford to make deals while other GMs seem to treat it like rocket science.

Doesn't hurt that the guy he's dealing with (Guerin) directly worked under him for the 5 years before taking the Wild GM job.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Doesn't hurt that the guy he's dealing with (Guerin) directly worked under him for the 5 years before taking the Wild GM job.
Similar thing happened with Chiarelli when he dealt for Kelly. Identified they wanted him much earlier in the season and kept talking to his old boss and finally pulled the trigger when he got the price he wanted.

Reactions: BruinDust

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Barry Melrose has reached new heights

"I don't know if there's a better Captain in the league than Foligno"

o_O

:huh:

:skeptic:

Let me give you a hint, Barry

bc27deef-0a1a-4f23-bb45-6633d51221cd.jpg

Attachments

• 20200211_073746.gif
    20200211_073746.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They were ahead of Tampa by 19 pts at one time.Leafs will have zero to lose vs Bruins .Rather play someone else this year.Keep playing them your gonna get burned eventually.Last 3 times went 7 games.
It’s not helping that Florida is falling apart . I still think the Bruins beat the Leafs but as you said I would rather play someone else .

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Why is Sweeney waiting
I thought the leafs made a good deal
They needed toughness and a backup keeper and got them both in one trade
If Sweeney had signed those two to a contract in the off season (assuming we needed a backup) this place would be all over him -- let alone him giving up two third round picks.

Just because TML has needs in terms of a backup and some grit, doesn't make guys like Clifford and Campbell anything special or even particularly useful.

Desperate teams who've made idiotic decisions in the past make desperate moves. Yet somehow, just because they were the "first" to make a splash at the TDL you seem to think they are doing something good and by definition we are just watching all the gems go away!!!:laugh:

Reactions: Lo97 and Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If Sweeney had signed those two to a contract in the off season (assuming we needed a backup) this place would be all over him -- let alone him giving up two third round picks.

Just because TML has needs in terms of a backup and some grit, doesn't make guys like Clifford and Campbell anything special or even particularly useful.

Desperate teams who've made idiotic decisions in the past make desperate moves. Yet somehow, just because they were the "first" to make a splash at the TDL you seem to think they are doing something good and by definition we are just watching all the gems go away!!!:laugh:

But this board is full of simpletons!

Reactions: Number8 and jgatie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Crosby may be the best captain in the NHL.

I guess it all depends on what we mean by best. Are we talking best player who is a captain? Or best leader in the room? Best guy to walk the talk on the ice? Best at all three? Crosby could be that guy, sure. Pretty sure it isn't Foligno however you define it :)

Reactions: Bruinaura

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I guess it all depends on what we mean by best. Are we talking best player who is a captain? Or best leader in the room? Best guy to walk the talk on the ice? Best at all three? Crosby could be that guy, sure. Pretty sure it isn't Foligno however you define it :)

This^

Your best player isn't always your best leader and vice versa.

As for me, give me the Big Man every time.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That sucks for Weber, and I am sorry to hear it on a human level, but can't say I am that distressed about the Habs getting crappier :laugh:

especially now with them playing some pretty solid hockey and Weber was having a very solid year but I`m with you, I`ll never send my well wishes to the Habs in any capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad