NHL Around the NHL XIII - Penguins acquire Jason Zucker from Wild for Galchenyuk, Addison, pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looch back to back games with a goal and assist.
He seems to have a lot of jump in his step, these last two games and he's a fight (Evander Kane) away form a Gordie Howe Hat-Trick.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Chychrun is a beast. 12th goal on pp in last min and Yotes beat habs 3-2 .Killer loss for habs at home.

I remember his rookie year and you thought Boston
should ave taken him instead of McAvoy.

They both have had injury issues. McAvoy has
better hands but Chychurn has a much better
shot. I would say right now they are a push.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Lucic with goal and assist in back to back games now.Best I seen him hustling in years .Go Looch.

I wonder what the odds were that both Lucic and Rinaldo would have a goal and an assist in the same game ???? Be interesting to see if either ends up with a " Gordie Howe hat trick " by the end of the game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I wonder what the odds were that both Lucic and Rinaldo would have a goal and an assist in the same game ???? Be interesting to see if either ends up with a " Gordie Howe hat trick " by the end of the game.

Last 2 games 2 goals 3 apples for Looch.I would never bet on them both scoring and getting apples same game.

Reactions: TCB

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No Gordie Howe hat trick tonight ( interesting bit of trivia - Gordie Howe had 0 Gordie Howe hat tricks in his NHL & WHA career :amazed: ) but Lucic did pick up a 2nd assist.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Looch should of already had one. He took a pretty good right at Noeson and then just put him in the headlock, showing some mercy, maybe that's why the official only gave him 2 for roughing, but if he connects with that right, its lights out for Noeson.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No Gordie Howe hat trick tonight ( interesting bit of trivia - Gordie Howe had 0 Gordie Howe hat tricks in his NHL & WHA career :amazed: ) but Lucic did pick up a 2nd assist.

Thought he had 1..Learned something new .ty

I'll be honest - I'm just going by what I heard on either TSN or Sportsnet a few years ago. Besides going over his entire career game-by-game on the Sports Reference website I have no way of checking to see if that stat is actually true.

EDIT: Take it for what it's worth but Wikipedia credits Howe with 2 Gordie Howe hat tricks - one in 1953 and one in 1954 both against Toronto.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I hope the Bruins play the Penguins in the playoffs so we can have best buds Coyle and Zucker beating the snot outta each other :D

I would quite like to have Zucker with the Bruins - I think he and Coyle together on a good team would be a really productive pairing. But he's a bit too expensive for what he brings to the table.

Will be curious to see what he delivers in Pittsburgh - his last season and a half have been a bit sub-par, but perhaps on a competitive squad he'll find better form again.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I would quite like to have Zucker with the Bruins - I think he and Coyle together on a good team would be a really productive pairing. But he's a bit too expensive for what he brings to the table.

Will be curious to see what he delivers in Pittsburgh - his last season and a half have been a bit sub-par, but perhaps on a competitive squad he'll find better form again.
He feels like a very good fit for the Pens. Good skater, forechecker with finish. Should suit that team well, especially the north-south energy style they tend to play in the playoffs.

I think he's on a pretty fair contract. Not a fit here if you put him on the third line obviously, but decent value. Good value if he can get back to 30-goal-pace again which would seem possible with Crosby or Malkin.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Zucker has been linked as Pitts #1 target for a while now. Rutherford normally gets his guy.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
amazing how easy it is for Rutherford to make deals while other GMs seem to treat it like rocket science.
They’ve been trying to pry Zucker for years. No doubt other teams stayed away. It happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad