NHL Around the NHL X - Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock, promote Sheldon Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Extremely easy to dislike that team...throw in Schenn and Blais as well as the bottom line. Convinced that Bortuzzo is a sociopath
Don't forget Sundqvist running around throwing headshots.

Man, f*** that Blues team. They had two different players suspended for on-ice actions during the Stanley Cup Finals, that's unheard of. And they won on the back of taking out our defensemen. They hid behind that Laila girl to make everyone feel like they were a good story, but they were a roster of pieces of human shit coached by a massive human piece of shit. They can go to hell for all I care.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bortuzzo is innocent! It was a frame-up! He was emotional! It was the angle of the video! Refs only called 2 minutes, get over it!
He is not a dirty player! Never done it before!

Oh....;)

Terrible act with clear intent to injure. Bortuzzo needs to get at least 10 games for that, probably more given he's got prior form with this sort of stuff. Will be curious to see what the league does given they've basically been encouraging the Blues to pull this sort of nonsense for months by letting them consistently get away with it. Perhaps this is finally a hit too far.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bortuzzo is a freaking joke, and the NHL is an even bigger joke. Only 4 games for what he did to Arvidsson. The NHL has been enabling their goon behavior for the past two seasons. Yes, they have had players disciplined but it is not even close to enough given what those fools pull on a nearly nightly basis. Seems like every time I watch that bunch of pukes they are doling out cheap shots while the refs turn a blind eye and the NHL does virtually nothing about it. I guess it pays to make a lot of dirty plays and injure opposing players knowing that only a fraction of them will result in punishment. f*** the Blues!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Only four games? What a sick joke. The bastard needs to sit out as long as Arvidsson does. Better yet, suspend the son of a bitch for the remainder of the season, including the playoffs.

I've seen the video and as far as I am concerned Bortuzzo intended to injure Arvidsson. There is no other explanation for what he did.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Only four games? What a sick joke. The bastard needs to sit out as long as Arvidsson does. Better yet, suspend the son of a ***** for the remainder of the season, including the playoffs.

I've seen the video and as far as I am concerned Bortuzzo intended to injure Arvidsson. There is no other explanation for what he did.
Yeah, as soon as they didn't offer an in person hearing, I knew it wasn't going to be nearly long enough.

They need to start kicking guys out of the league for crap like this, from repeat offenders. It's not going to stop until they do that, or someone gets paralyzed, maimed, or killed.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Man. f*** THE BLUES. What's funny is it's not the star players causing this harm. I have no issue with Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Parayko, or O'Reilly (although he's a f***ing moron for driving drunk into Tim Horton's). It's their depth guys. Bortuzzo, Sundqvist, Barbashev, etc. I don't like Perron. Brayden Schenn tried to end Pastrnak's career, and Binnington tries too hard to be edgy.

They beat us in the finals and it is what it is. Credit to them, but I don't like that team.

I don't like the Leafs either. f*** them too.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why does the league go light on the Blues? I don't get it. This suspension is basically saying "open season" on star players. Want to take a star out of a playoff series, dress your dirt-bag 8th D-man and send him out there to kidney-shot the other teams star with his stick.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Why does the league go light on the Blues? I don't get it. This suspension is basically saying "open season" on star players. Want to take a star out of a playoff series, dress your dirt-bag 8th D-man and send him out there to kidney-shot the other teams star with his stick.
Well now, let's be fair.

You can still live with only one kidney!!!

Reactions: BMC and BruinDust

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

It’s how they “won” the Cup

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I still feel the Leafs should have moved Nylander instead of Kadri. A little grit/chippiness would have been helpful.
I know it's not popular to praise Kadri here, but if they could ever figure out how to rein him in (like with a coaching change for example) then he could have been a critical part of that team. I can't stand the guy and he's a total dirtbag of a player, but he's also really, really good when he's playing his game & not being stupid.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know it's not popular to praise Kadri here, but if they could ever figure out how to rein him in (like with a coaching change for example) then he could have been a critical part of that team. I can't stand the guy and he's a total dirtbag of a player, but he's also really, really good when he's playing his game & not being stupid.
I feel icky just reading that :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Hook

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
They need a new rule:

If you injure a player with a hit/action that is suspendable, you are out for as long as the player you injured is out for and don't return until he returns.

This will never happen. Players Association would never get behind it as the revenue lost from the players being out would be impactful. Hockey would suffer as notable players would be out months due to this rule, 2 out months is worse than just one out months.

Sad, but it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad