NHL Around the NHL X - Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock, promote Sheldon Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Went to Ducks-Isles at Honda Center tonight. I really like the arena, it's a good place to watch a game.

John Gibson is a monster and kept the Ducks in it in the first, then their offense broke through and ended the Islanders' point steak. Got to see Johnny Boychuk, who still has a rocket of a shot.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Went to Ducks-Isles at Honda Center tonight. I really like the arena, it's a good place to watch a game.

John Gibson is a monster and kept the Ducks in it in the first, then their offense broke through and ended the Islanders' point steak. Got to see Johnny Boychuk, who still has a rocket of a shot.
Where there a lot of Islanders fans there I went to a game there when the Ducks played the Flyers and the whole place was filled with Orange Flyer Jerseys.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

The timing on this is impeccable. Peters on the hot seat in Calgary and all of a sudden this comes out....

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Bruins are traveling by train between Montreal & Ottawa. From the Athletic:

It was completely different decades ago when the train was the main mode of travel for teams.
The Bruins will return to that bygone era on Tuesday night after chartering a train to take the team on the roughly 90-minute trip from Montreal to Ottawa, where they will play on Wednesday in the second night of back-to-back contests. The Bruins equipment will be transported by truck for the 120-mile distance.

Few in the game of hockey have traveled more than Bruins legend Johnny Bucyk, now 84. The Hall of Famer, so famously known as “Chief,” spent the majority of his 23-year playing career traveling by train. After “retiring” he remained with the organization in various roles that required him to travel. In fact, he spent many years as the team’s traveling secretary.

Bucyk’s favorite long-haul trip was from Boston to Chicago. It would take a day and a half, and the players had a blast.
“One of the guys had two suitcases, and it was after one of our games, so we’re walking down to the train and Milt Schmidt was behind this particular player and Milt said, ‘Your cologne is leaking in your bag,’” Bucyk recalled. “When the player got on the train and opened his suitcase it was full of beer and ice. Milt knew and it was a great story.”
Who was the player?
“Eddie Shack,” Bucyk said. “It was so funny. He brought beer for everybody and after a game we were looking forward to it.”

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I sure hope this is not the start of a "lets trash our former coaches" rant on social media. The internet would crumble.
Carcillo is in full "I told you so" mode on twitter right now.

Look, if this really did happen then Peters should be punished accordingly. That said, this rush to slam former coaches makes me not want to read what ex players have to say because they are coming across as miserable, vindictive assholes.

Do I believe various leagues have issues and ugly warts? Absolutely but in order to change things, ex players need to approach it from a non vindictive angle. They need to be truly serious about changing the culture for everyone.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Carcillo is in full "I told you so" mode on twitter right now.

Look, if this really did happen then Peterson should be punished accordingly. That said, this rush to slam former coaches makes me not want to read what ex players have to say because they are coming across as miserable, vindictive *******s.

Do I believe various leagues have issues and ugly warts? Absolutely but in order to change things, ex players need to approach it from a non vindictive angle. They need to be truly serious about changing the culture for everyone.
where's the reaction from Carolina ownership and/or fanbase if this is indeed fact

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What does Carolina have to do with this?

He accused Peters and the Blackhawks
but again, doesn't matter which team or league you put in there.... is it indeed fact or is it drama for the talking heads of the NHL, THAT FANBASE would inheritly know if this indeed occurred, much like we would defend Sweeney/Neely/CJ/JJ, OR whomever the management team happens to be, not just hockey.....see the discussion takes on any of the franchises here, when a player vents through the press, what is the end result, it doesn't end well IE Antonio Brown, and Michael Bennett from this past week were topics of merit for the Patriots, then there's the hatchet job on others who dare cross John Henry and the Sox, and the whole Kyrie sideshow that still remains hanging, fair or not, over the Celtics

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I sure hope this is not the start of a "lets trash our former coaches" rant on social media. The internet would crumble.

Claude used to much head wax while he was in Boston! Every time they panned to the bench I had to look away from the glare!:sarcasm:

praisejesus.gif

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I had a coach who was mean to me once. Called me a p***y. That was demeaning and ruined at least 15 minutes of my life. He needs to pay, whereever he is. I had a drill sergeant that was very mean to me. He actually hit me and slammed me into a brick wall and called me all sort of foul names. It should be open season on all of them. Every last damn one of them that hurt our feelings.

(and isn't it a sign of the times that I have to put this little disclaimer here: if Peters actually did what Aliu is saying, he should be called out on it)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I had a coach who was mean to me once. Called me a p***y. That was demeaning and ruined at least 15 minutes of my life. He needs to pay, whereever he is. I had a drill sergeant that was very mean to me. He actually hit me and slammed me into a brick wall and called me all sort of foul names. It should be open season on all of them. Every last damn one of them that hurt our feelings.

(and isn't it a sign of the times that I have to put this little disclaimer here: if Peters actually did what Aliu is saying, he should be called out on it)

Peters is wrong and deserves what is going to come of this. But, your right as well. If we as humans never overcame stuff like this in our own lives.

Where would we be right now?

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad