OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Man, MAF’s new pads and helmet combo are whack.

Marc-3PO

These them?

IMG_2063.jpg

Reactions: BHD

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know if he loves those pads because just a couple games ago he wore his white pads that are very bland looking.

I dig 'em, though. Laughed at Marc-3PO

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wouldn't put him at Sid's level, but Tavares is pretty damn good at redirecting/tipping-in pucks.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Biggest underachieving losers of the cap era if they don't get a Cup.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They’re ok I guess ;)

Tampa needs to prove they can tighten up defensively if they ever want to win a Cup. Every time I see them, I think they're deadly offensively and Vasilevskiy can steal games, but they're never that sound defensively.

In the regular season that works, but I think that's what ends up costing them in the playoffs. When they run into a team that's got close or equal talent, but plays a more sound game, they lose.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Tampa needs to prove they can tighten up defensively if they ever want to win a Cup. Every time I see them, I think they're deadly offensively and Vasilevskiy can steal games, but they're never that sound defensively.

In the regular season that works, but I think that's what ends up costing them in the playoffs. When they run into a team that's got close or equal talent, but plays a more sound game, they lose.

The Bylsma effect. Works in the regular season but not in the playoffs. You think he would have noticed that after a while.

I’m happy for Tampa to continue with that tradition.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Bylsma effect. Works in the regular season but not in the playoffs. You think he would have noticed that after a while.

I’m happy for Tampa to continue with that tradition.

Huh?

Cooper has been to three ECFs and won one of them and taken the other two to seven. Players got deliver eventually. Honestly Kuch and Stammer need to step up.

Bylsma could barely make it past the 1st round.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Huh?

Cooper has been to three ECFs and won one of them and taken the other two to seven. Players got deliver eventually. Honestly Kuch and Stammer need to step up.

One of these days people will admit that it’s simply hard to win and there are no ways to guarantee it.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I don't know what you all think but I loved seeing the Hartford Whalers unis on display in Boston vs. Carolina last night, it was a pretty good game to boot.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
One of these days people will admit that it’s simply hard to win and there are no ways to guarantee it.

For as much of a focus as there is on math these days, some things still seem to swing on a loose hinge at any given moment.

There was no guarantee that CBJ was going to choke.

And even as flaccid as we were, we still took two games from Washington.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Huh?

He barely got back Stammer in one of those series, I think vs us actually, if he had a healthy Stamkos to start that series, we wouldn't have won I don't think.

Vasilievsky was an absolute monster vs us and if they had their other big gun in the line-up, things would be different. I used to laugh at Cooper as well, but the guy has also turned some guys that weren't supposed to be that good, into some damn good hockey players with how he's used them and how they've grown under his guidance.

We beat them in 7.

There's no chance we win that series if Stamkos is healthy, Pens even thought they got lucky when Bishop got hurt, instead, the legend of Vas was born that year for them. Funny how people look at "dominance" without context. Let's not forget, Drouin was a beast against us that series, Kucherov and Palat as well. Murray was trash against the Bolts that year.

But 2015-16 would have been an entirely different story if Stamkos wasn't down to just 1 game in the playoffs.

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I hope he breaks 100pts again. I want a bunch of players to do that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone watching this Tampa/Philly game? This may be the sloppiest hockey i've ever seen. By both teams.

It got really crazy in the third...it was tighter in the first two from what I could see between intermissions in the Pens game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad