Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I really gotta stop reading the Edmonton OTL thread. Dumb and Dumber.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of all the names I had heard as candidates, there were a bunch that seemed very minor-league, and then there was Kraken. It's definitely the most professional-sounding. It's a much better name than Golden Knights, and that one has aged just fine.

The branding is pretty cool, too.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
When the Flames inevitably piss me off for the last time, the Seattle Kraken will be my new favourite team. Absolutely love the name. f*** the boomers who don't like it.

Also with 9 teams now in the Pacific I assume Arizona moves to the Central. Literally 5 of the 9 teams are right on the coast and then the two Alberta teams and the two teams in the desert.

Seattle v Vancouver should get a good rivalry going.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
When the Flames inevitably piss me off for the last time, the Seattle Kraken will be my new favourite team. Absolutely love the name. f*** the boomers who don't like it.

Also with 9 teams now in the Pacific I assume Arizona moves to the Central. Literally 5 of the 9 teams are right on the coast and then the two Alberta teams and the two teams in the desert.

Seattle v Vancouver should get a good rivalry going.
They confirmed last year that Arizona's moving to the central in 21-22.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Of all the names I had heard as candidates, there were a bunch that seemed very minor-league, and then there was Kraken. It's definitely the most professional-sounding. It's a much better name than Golden Knights, and that one has aged just fine.

The branding is pretty cool, too.

I agree, I love the name a lot more than the freaking Golden Knights.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not a huge fan of the name; it is most definitely better than Golden Knights but still lacks that good roll of the tongue. Perhaps this will come with time and familiarity!

That said, their branding/jerseys are phenomenal and their marketing teams should be absolutely commended. I will be buying a jersey. I hope they eventually do a full set with the anchor/spaceneedle as the main.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad