Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No no no... You don't get away that easy! You have to post something going on around the NHL!!!
This, garnetpalmetto, is an outrage.

In other news if Van loses to CBJ the Flames will pass them in the standings. However van has 2 games in hand.

Vancouver has no goalie. I think they are in trouble.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Nucks losing Markstrom is such a massive blow that there's a strong chance (imo) that they miss the playoffs now. What a shitty outcome for them

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Nucks losing Markstrom is such a massive blow that there's a strong chance (imo) that they miss the playoffs now. What a shitty outcome for them

Most hockey analysts had the Canucks vying with Anaheim for 6th or 7th in the Pacific at the beginning of the season. Considering their overall problems with injuries the team has performed well above expectations.

While it may be disappointing in the short term for the fans, the Canucks are well positioned to take a larger step next season.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Most hockey analysts had the Canucks vying with Anaheim for 6th or 7th in the Pacific at the beginning of the season. Considering their overall problems with injuries the team has performed well above expectations.

While it may be disappointing in the short term for the fans, the Canucks are well positioned to take a larger step next season.

They have over 20 million tied up in dead weight contracts like Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, Baertschi, and Spooner's buyout. Their blue line is pretty suspect too, Myers isn't very good, Edler is over the hill, Benn is crap, Tanev is a UFA at the end of the season. Plus Luongo's recapture penalty.

Jacob Markstrom has been playing way over his head and is probably the only reason they're in a playoff spot aside from the West being crap. He'll need a new contract too. With all the talk about Benning being such a great scout he should really have been able to fill those depth positions internally instead of overpaying role players. He's been there nearly 6 years now.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Upcoming RFA that a GM can take to the cleaners in negotiations. That's what Treliving lives for

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
emmm.. my English fails me here, somebody please explain :laugh:
NFL football (what is the rule and what it actually means) or Soccer off-side rule (can't be this)

Think about how the goal line works in hockey. It's not really a line, but a vertical plane.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Think about how the goal line works in hockey. It's not really a line, but a vertical plane.

Ok, I get that. I guess. But I dont get that, so what it would mean in the future if this was accepted as a rule. Soccer style offside, where soccer has moving offside line (or plane) and hockey has a static one

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Ok, I get that. I guess. But I dont get that, so what it would mean in the future if this was accepted as a rule. Soccer style offside, where soccer has moving offside line (or plane) and hockey has a static one
I guess it means that in order to stay on-side, the players don't have to have their skate on the ice on the other side of the blue line anymore. It's enough that the skate (or any body part?) crosses that vertical plane.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I guess it means that in order to stay on-side, the players don't have to have their skate on the ice on the other side of the blue line anymore. It's enough that the skate (or any body part?) crosses that vertical plane.

Ok, thanks. I was focusing on the wrong stuff and words even though Anglesmith explained it pretty much perfectly, now that I think of it

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That's a decent increase in the cap; Flames will have between 19.4M to 23.4M in space. Shame the UFA forward class is so incredibly weak; Toffoli's the only decent right shot forward available. A pile of left shot left wingers there however in Hall, Hoffman, Dadanov, Galchenyuk, and Granlund.

And Hall's definitely getting 11M+ now; just hope it's not from the Flames.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's a decent increase in the cap; Flames will have between 19.4M to 23.4M in space. Shame the UFA forward class is so incredibly weak; Toffoli's the only decent right shot forward available. A pile of left shot left wingers there however in Hall, Hoffman, Dadanov, Galchenyuk, and Granlund.

And Hall's definitely getting 11M+ now; just hope it's not from the Flames.

Flames will sign him to a 7 year, 8.5 per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->