Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Another tough season ahead for Leaf's Kyle Dubas. For the 2020-21 season they have 16 players under contract at a cost of $73.5M. The $10.5M LTIR they are currently using for cap relief will have expired. Travis Dermott is a RFA.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Bad year to be a FA?

Maybe we can resign Brodie....

Hamonic can say goodbye
I agree... and maybe Taylor Hall might be a bit more affordable?
Another $81.5M salary cap certainly will be a game changer for numerous UFA/RFA's and teams, including the Flames.

The Flames have 9 forwards under contract with Jankowski and Mangiapane as arbitration eligible RFA's. They also have 4 d-men under contract (Gio, Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki) with Kylington as a non-arbitration RFA.... and of course one goalie under contract. That's $64.6M being paid to 14 players leaving $16.9M to be divided among another 6-9 players.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The cup winner will be maligned for years to come if this goes through. My interest in the season has evaporated and I don't think I'd tune in for games that will have less atmosphere than a training camp scrimmage

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The NHL should just cut their losses and move on to the 2020-21 season.
Frankly I'll be surprised if the players sign off on the continuation of the current season and on to the playoffs. What's their incentive? The individual players make peanuts from post season play and because of all the isolation that would have to be imposed upon players I just don't see why they would be interested.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If the regular season is finished there is little doubt from my mind we won’t see any postseason hockey from this team. They always have a checklist of excuses to start poor unfortunately.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's not like he'd be the regional Flames commentator, SN still has the national rights so he'd probably only call national Flames games regardless of whether they retain the regional rights or not.

No ofc not, but we'd still have Ball and Hrudey which are already good, and Cuthbert is just such an upgrade over jim boresome and david randoof that it's not even funny.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Vegas and Edmonton. Talk about a difference

Wait Edmonton didn't even get more than one passing shot in that video. Just one very dimly lit 2-second look at the start

giphy.gif

Reactions: Flameshomer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
That's what the NHL needs, to come here and see for themselves how dumb and corrupt our premier is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad