Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I work in a restaurant, and so far, this week (Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday) have actually outperformed last year in sales. If things get a little more rough in Calgary I expect to get completely screwed though. Given that we get no paid sick leave, and the company I work for has no real plan for what happens if one of our restaurants does happen to get an outbreak, I imagine it'll be nothing other than EI (which means for most our staff, they wouldn't be able to afford food and/or rent on the reduced pay of EI and lack of tips).

Reactions: Boomstick

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/nhl-late-summer-return-discussion-1.5523339

ESPN reported on Monday that the NHL's primary return-to-play plan focuses on some models "that involve games being played in arenas without fans."

ESPN NHL reporter Greg Wyshynski said Monday that the league is considering "regional" playoff sites rather than the option of holding the playoffs in a single city or facility. He reported games would be staggered throughout the day from afternoon to late night, similar to the Olympics hockey schedule.

That approach has been mentioned in connection with the NBA returning for the playoffs, with locations such as the Bahamas and Las Vegas reportedly on the table.

Personally I already consider the start of next season in jeopardy, but you do you?

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Oilers fans some of the best prepared for coronavirus since they’ve had regular practice with their PPE for over a decade.

upload_2020-4-6_19-20-29.jpeg

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Not NHL news but

What's kinda funny is after things went down with him and everyone was screaming he'd never get a job in the NHL again, I pictured a plausible scenario in which he could:

1. Lay low
2. Get a job in the KHL
3. Win a lot of games/championship
4. Get hired by a team desperate for a coaching change
5. Apologize and say how much you've changed on After Hours

At the end of the day, teams care most about winning and if he's winning, he'll get hired again. It may just take time. The media was already entertaining the idea of where Babcock would end up within weeks of his firing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Khrox

May 31, 2018
What's kinda funny is after things went down with him and everyone was screaming he'd never get a job in the NHL again, I pictured a plausible scenario in which he could:

1. Lay low
2. Get a job in the KHL
3. Win a lot of games/championship
4. Get hired by a coach desperate for a coaching change
5. Apologize and say how much you've changed on After Hours

At the end of the day, teams care most about winning and if he's winning, he'll get hired again. It may just take time. The media was already entertaining the idea of where Babcock would end up within weeks of his firing.
Apparently the reason Peters got the job there is because of Datsyuk. That's where he plays (his hometown team), and he pushed the team to bring in Peters.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Wow, i had no idea he was still playing.
Dawes has the second most goals in the history of the KHL for the career. There was talk of if he plays there until 40 (so like another 4 seasons) he could actually retire as the KHL career goalscoring leader. He's still the captain of the Kazakh national team I believe.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad